The 2013-14 NFL Thread

I don't know why people are debating Peyton. He's the best regular season performer in NFL history an has lost some terrible playoff defeats.

There's nothing to argue, all the stats are there.
His 2007 loss wasn't terrible. Threw for 402 yards and 3 TD. In 2010, both Peyton and Brady were one and done, at home, against the Jets. Those Patriots were 14-2, had the best offense in the NFL, and the 8th best defense in the NFL. Colts were 4th and 23rd. If that's a stain on Peyton, it's a black mark on Brady. Hard to count 2005 against Peyton, since he played pretty well and the Steelers won the Super Bowl.

Patriots defensive rankings in their 3 Super Bowl wins: 6, 1, 2. Offense: 6, 12, 4. It's not like Brady was placed on the 1990 Patriots and he carried them to glory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the SF crowd chanting "Referees suck!"? Kinda hard to make out.

Dunno who I want to win. On one hand, I don't want Seattle to get a reprieve from their loss. On the other, a 49ers/Cardinals winner-take-all would be awesome.

Neither will 51+ touchdowns change the fact that he lost to Brady already head to head when Brady had infinitely LESS talent around him. Pretty much the story of Manning's career. Even his down syndrome looking brother is a better post season quarterback.
Whaaaa..

Brady hasn't done anything in the playoffs since 2004. Quit living in the past man.

(ps..head to head doesn't matter for shit when you are 1 game behind)

I think thats the first time ive ever seen 2 horrible flags on the same play.

LOL Atlanta romo strikes again

Little surprised everyone is automatically writing the Cowboys off. Losing Romo is huge, but Orton is one of the better backups in the league. Eagles will be big favorites now, but it's not like Dallas is starting a complete bum.

I hope Dallas wins because Philly really scares me as a potential playoff matchup.

I hate the Cowboys but I'm rooting for Romo - too bad about the injury. The Eagles are definitely in now. Still, they are probably one and done against either the 49ers or Saints.
Eh, if they play the Saints in Philly, I'd give the nod to the Eagles.

If they win and the Saints lose they get in I believe. So they are playing for something.
Yup. Cardinals win + Saints loss = Cardinals in.

If they win and the Saints lose they get in I believe. So they are playing for something.
the Saints game is the morning game and the Cardinals game is the afternoon game so by the time the Cardinals kickoff they may already know that a Cardinals win wouldn't matter anyway.

Really gonna be watching my Eagles game anxiously this weekend. As a lifelong Eagles fan, I'm really nervous about clutch games, Always have been, always will be!

Even if t was in NO, the NFL freely changes around Week 17's times so that teams that affect each other all play around the same time.

Lavonte David didn't make the "Pro Bowl". What a joke.

Lavonte David: Since sacks became a stat in ’82, no player with 130+ tackles, 5+ sacks, 5+ INT missed Pro Bowl

Is there a list of alternates?

I'm happy to see that Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Joe Haden made the Pro Bowl for the Browns, though TJ Ward also deserved a spot.

Do players still have bonuses tied to pro-bowl selections? 

Also having past "legends" divy up the squad is D...U..M...B..

They should go all out and have some fantasy football dudes do it.

It's like anything else in sports, you like your guys getting the recognition they deserve. Pro Bowl, All Pro etc...

Do players still have bonuses tied to pro-bowl selections?

Also having past "legends" divy up the squad is D...U..M...B..

They should go all out and have some fantasy football dudes do it.
Yep:

Many players, including Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib, received considerable financial bonuses for reaching the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl nod adds $1 million to Suh's 2014 base salary, while Talib earns a $500,000 bonus this season.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10203223/nfl-unveils-2014-pro-bowl-roster-selections?ex_cid=espnapi_public

From what I've read, Suh was scheduled to make about $21.4 million next year before bonuses, so making the Pro Bowl pushes him over $22.4 million.

refs 2 for 2 in trying to make sure Greenbay has every extra help they can to make the postseason since one of their poster boys is back.  The was the softest ass hit on Rodgers Ive seen yet and of course its a flag

San Diego, please wake up. It's embarrassing enough the Ravens crapped the last 2 games, but if the Steelers actually get back into the playoffs...

I am hoping for a Chiefs/Panthers Super Bowl.

So it looks like Chud and Shanahan are gone. Heard Frazier is done as well. Wonder who else gets canned tomorrow.
After one season? I really doubt it since they went into this season knowing that it was either boom or bust for Weeden and a bust would mean something of a lost season until they could get a new QB of their own in to take over.

The ghost of shitty Norv Turner play calling seems to continue haunting SD. wtf kind of play calls was that against a team full of backups.

I don't know whether Chud is the right coach or not, but when they had decent QB play they did well.

EDIT: How the hell do the Bears let the Packers WR open downfield?

Not sure I liked the play calling there for the Bears, but Marshall's huge drop was big.

Either Joe Banner and company has to admit that they fucked up and hired the wrong coach or admit that they lied about not expecting much this season with the possibility of the Weeden bubble popping. It's bad news for the FO either way.

Either Joe Banner and company has to admit that they fucked up and hired the wrong coach or admit that they lied about not expecting much this season with the possibility of the Weeden bubble popping. It's bad news for the FO either way.
I wouldn't be surprised if they promoted Norv Turner to head coach. I haven't read anything about it, but just a feeling I have. I live in WV so I hear a lot about the Browns, lol.

Orton is playing surprisingly well.

EDIT: Of course, right after I say that, Orton throws a pick.

EDIT x2: So, the Browns fired Chuddy for real. Interesting.

bread's done
Back