The 2013-14 NFL Thread

BILCnFwCcAAluNK.jpg

Edit: Looking at it more thoroughly, there's no big, tough stretch of games this year unlike in the past few years, so it looks like a friendlier schedule for the team to not be completely overwhelmed at any point of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Superstar']The Cowboys open up against the Giants and end the season against the Eagles. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Man, how can you even know how to feel about that? I wouldn't know how to predict which NFC East team will be underachieving at that point, haha. I would think you guys should have a hell of a division race this year.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, how can you even know how to feel about that? I wouldn't know how to predict which NFC East team will be underachieving at that point, haha. I would think you guys should have a hell of a division race this year.[/QUOTE]

If it weren't for the fact the Cowboys whole schedule is pretty brutal.

The NFC is always a crapshoot, but the Cowboys are the 4th team is pick to win the division this year.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, how can you even know how to feel about that? I wouldn't know how to predict which NFC East team will be underachieving at that point, haha. I would think you guys should have a hell of a division race this year.[/QUOTE]

Division games always seem to be tough no matter how good\bad the teams are, haha. It's like they save their best for each other, or only try when they play each other.

Bengals signed James Harrison to a 2 year deal.

And it's the AFC South vs. NFC West this year. My Texans vs. 49ers/Seahawks should both be good games.

[quote name='PimpLimp']And it's the AFC South vs. NFC West this year. My Texans vs. 49ers/Seahawks should both be good games.[/QUOTE]

Not according to Yahoo!'s Jason Cole. He says Houston/SF will be one of the worst games because of how horrible the Texans played against good teams last season.

[quote name='DNukem170']Not according to Yahoo!'s Jason Cole. He says Houston/SF will be one of the worst games because of how horrible the Texans played against good teams last season.[/QUOTE]Yeah I tend not to listen to every schmuck with an opinion. Especially when they clearly don't know what they're talking about. The Texans went 12-4 last season and every single team they lost to finished with a record above .500 and made it to the playoffs. The Texans also beat the Ravens, Broncos, Bears, and Colts. None of which are pushover teams. So I fail to see the logic in his point. The Texans were considered one of, if not the best, teams in the NFL until about the last quarter of last season. I personally think it's gonna be a really good game with two of the best defenses in the NFL going at each other. And Ed Reed will be there to say "Hi!" :D

[quote name='SpeedyG']Why are the Browns playing the entire NFC North next year?[/QUOTE]That's because every year each division in the NFL will play against an entire division of the opposing conference. They rotate the divisions every year and so you're therefore bound to play every team from the other conference once every 4 years.

Revis isn't getting guaranteed money because of his knee. It's untested.

There's two sides to the lack of guarantee as well... if he doesn't perform, the Bucs can release him. On the other hand, Revis can also hold out as he pleases.

As a Bucs fan, I really don't know what to make of it. I'm not a fan of paying a DB this much cash, especially a "used" one. haha. I hope it works out, but all I can really do is look at the Glazers and shake my head.

On the other hand, Eric Wright has been rumored to be cut if Revis were traded to Tampa. No idea what is going to happen there, or if he's already been released... or what.

Ravens ILB Rolando McClain was arrested Sunday evening in Decatur (AL) for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Eyewitnesses say police ordered McClain and several others to leave Pines Park after a large crowd had gathered. McClain refused and began "cursing" at officers, before being handcuffed, and bailing out of jail shortly thereafter. McClain has now been arrested three times in his hometown of Decatur since 2011. He needs to stop going back there for the sake of his livelihood, and perhaps his personal safety. Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome smartly guaranteed no portion of McClain's one-year, $700,000 contract. He will be released shortly.

What a dum dum, its only been 12 days since he signed his deal.

How about the little piece ESPN did on JaMarcus Russell?...Mr Jabba The Hutt you fat slob, no good lazy bum of a quarterback! The marvelous words of Stephen A Smith.

New uniforms for the Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings.
867515036511ae1791d6o.jpg

Good to see the Vikings ditching the ugly shiny uniforms and going for a traditional look in the new uniforms.

Dolphins look clean. Minimized the orange and got rid of the 90's style shadow numbers.

For the Jags the uniform is both hit and miss. They should have the teal as the home instead of alternate jersey. The socks should be teal so they wouldn't have the Ravens and Saints capri pants look. Also the helmet is terrible. Just make the whole thing flat black.

jacksonvillejaguarsunif.jpg

To clarify, that's not gold lighting on a black Jags helmet. The helmet is actually gold and black two-tone.

8674988357_6656f29e8a_b.jpg

I hadn't seen the new Dolphins or Vikings uniforms until now.

As for the Jags, It took a few days for the new logo to grow on me. I'm actually impressed by the helmet. I loved our original Black w/ logo and shiny teal glitter helmets, but this one is much better than how it was explained previous to seeing it today.

They uniforms are ok. I want to see what the replicas look like in person before purchasing one. I'll probably buy the alternate one due to still accepting teal as the primary team color.

[quote name='jbuck138']I hadn't seen the new Dolphins or Vikings uniforms until now.

As for the Jags, It took a few days for the new logo to grow on me. I'm actually impressed by the helmet. I loved our original Black w/ logo and shiny teal glitter helmets, but this one is much better than how it was explained previous to seeing it today.

They uniforms are ok. I want to see what the replicas look like in person before purchasing one. I'll probably buy the alternate one due to still accepting teal as the primary team color.[/QUOTE]

jag-rag.png

Those Jags uniforms are ugly as fuck. The gradient on the helmet is stupid, but if I were even going to do it, there is no way I'd make it as harsh as it is. There is almost zero gradient there, just black right into gold. The font choice for the names and numbers is also pretty ugly. The white away jersey is the only one of theirs that looks mildly presentable.

I hated the new Dolphins logo at first, but it has grown on me. I think it'll look fantastic on those minimalistic uniforms which look great. I can't tell, but I hope the helmets are flat white as opposed to gloss. I love, love, love the flat purple helmets for the Vikes. Flat paint on football helmets looks awesome to me.

I'll be honest: the new Jacksonville logo has grown on me. Selling the military style JAGS shield in an embroidered patch would be easy money.

Sweet! The draft is being streamed live on nfl.com. I thought I wouldn't be able to watch it as I have no cable.

I'm watching the pre-draft stuff on ESPN and there are people that are paid to just walk alongside players on the red carpet holding up pieces of paper with their name on it so the people with cameras know who they are. :lol:

I want to know what title you give yourself on a resume to gussy up the fact that you were a walking placard holder

I wonder how boring it is to sit there in the draft room if you are a fan. Especially during Day 3.

EDIT: OK...that little ditty with Namath and Simms went nowhere...

Jacksonville picked Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M.

I'll start doing a list of picks in this post.

1. Kansas City - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
2. Jacksonville - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M
3. Miami (from Oakland) - Dion Jordan - DE - Oregon
4. Philadelphia - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
5. Detroit - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
6. Cleveland - Barkevious Mingo - DE - LSU
7. Arizona - Jonathan Cooper - OG - UNC
8. St. Louis (from Buffalo) - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
9. New York Jets - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
10. Tennessee - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
11. San Diego - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama
12. Oakland (from Miami) - D.J. Hayden - CB - Houston
13. New York Jets - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
14. Carolina - Star Lotulelei - DT - Utah
15. New Orleans
16. St. Louis
17. Pittsburgh
18. Dallas
19. New York Giants
20. Chicago
21. Cincinnati
22. St. Louis
23. Minnesota
24. Indianapolis
25. Minnesota
26. Green Bay
27. Houston
28. Denver
29. New England
30. Atlanta
31. San Francisco
32. Baltimore

They do that every year to show how much of a jerk NFL fans can be.

Edit: These new hats that the players are wearing are stupid. They have the city name under the bill, which only works if the person wearing it is much taller than everybody else.

Detroit picks Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU.

Barry Sanders almost looks like he did as a player. Very surprising for a guy that hasn't played in a long time.

I wonder how much the Browns were interested in Milliner. He seemed to be more interested in them than they to him.

bread's done
Back