The 2013-14 NFL Thread

Mother of god, with Geno Smith, the Jets have 6 fucking QB's at the moment.

This can only mean one thing: Ultra Wild Wildcat...QB's everywhere.

wish someone would take a chance with Tyrann Mathieu

and not these guys
V1PLqYo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see the Ravens get their LB. Now cut McClain and put Dansby in there and I will be content with the defense.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah it's getting a tad annoying lol[/QUOTE]
I like it.

Like what the Niners are doing. Also hahaha at the Jets. Geno is going to have the same problems as Sanchez, no weapons.

[quote name='ced']Is Mayock seriously the only objective guy at this table? If he wasn't there, this might as well be some random forum yokels reporting.[/QUOTE]I agree. Switched over to ESPN since I was getting tired of the guys on NFL network. Also because the already started talking over picks in the middle of the second round.

[quote name='DNukem170']So, where and when do you think Barkley and Nassib will go?[/QUOTE]

I would say 49ers for Barkley
USC to San Fran would be to easy

[quote name='DNukem170']If I am Barkley, I really regret not coming out last year.[/QUOTE]

Sitting for a year or two (depending on where he goes) will be a good thing for him.

Geno Smith finally drafted, going to the Jets.

Not a bad fit, can play behind Sanchez/Garrard for a while, but will still likely get a chance within a year or two there.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Geno Smith finally drafted, going to the Jets.

Not a bad fit, can play behind Sanchez/Garrard for a while, but will still likely get a chance within a year or two there.[/QUOTE]

That long? I would be shocked if he's not starting by Week 5.

Ravens have seriously redone their defense this offseason. Got a new Safety, new Linebacker, and now a D-Tackle. Would like to see them try and get a WR (do not trust Doss) and a LT (keep KO at guard) tomorrow.

Rams take Stedman Bailey, so he'll play along side college teammate Tavon Austin. Pretty cool--they really complement each other well.

[quote name='DestroVega']Jets should really cut Sanchez. They take a huge one year cap hit but end it already.[/QUOTE]

Naw... we need another buttfumble moment come week 2. :lol:

Needs more Benny Hill foley sounds.

I'm sure the millions of dollars will alleviate the pain of forever being remembered for the Butt Fumble. However... motherfucking Butt Fumble.

[quote name='DNukem170']Teo to the Chargers. Didn't see that one coming.[/QUOTE]

No one did.

I'm from San Diego and I've been a lifelong Chargers fan. I'm over the moon that they finally cleaned house in the front office but I feel like starting with his performance against Alabama, Teo has been massively exposed. Maybe it'll turn out to be a bargain.

The 4th round just started and the Eagles traded a 7th round pick to move up and take Matt Barkley with the first pick of the round.

[quote name='PimpLimp']The 4th round just started and the Eagles traded a 7th round pick to move up and take Matt Barkley with the first pick of the round.[/QUOTE]

Chip Kelly and his love for the Pac-12...

Hoping the Cowboys pick up a tackle with their 4th round pick, but I doubt it. Most likely going to pick up a running back.

The Bucs trade LeGarrette Blount to the Patriots for Olympian/track star Jeff Demps and a 7th round pick. Seems like a steal on the Pats part IMO.

[quote name='PimpLimp']The Bucs trade LeGarrette Blount to the Patriots for Olympian/track star Jeff Demps and a 7th round pick. Seems like a steal on the Pats part IMO.[/QUOTE]

Blount is a highly limited player.

[quote name='DestroVega']Blount is a highly limited player.[/QUOTE]That may be true but he's still a clear upgrade over Demps who can't make up his mind between track and football and didn't play a single game last season. It can't hurt to have another proven RB if he manages to stay healthy.

The draft is over for the Texans and I'm feeling pleasantly optimistic. They addressed almost every single need through the draft and got what seems to be a lot of quality players. I was starting to get worried when they didn't pick up a ILB but they did get 2 OLBs and now they're saying that Brooks Reed is going to move over to ILB, which sounds perfect to me.

Now all that's left is for the season to start.....

I'm a fan of the Jags taking Ace Sanders and Denard Robinson in the later round. They have some nice offensive weapons if they can create some packages for them. I'd like to see them go after Tebow now that the Jets have a hundred quarterbacks.

Here we go, this is what I'm talking about. Jacksonville better bring him in and see what they can create with Denard Robinson. What do they have to lose? Really, they went 2-14 lol

I never thought I'd say this but thank god the Vikings picked up Matt Cassel cause otherwise they'd probably be going for Tebow.

I was looking at the Undrafted Free Agents list and saw a few of the remaining quality Ohio State players were picked up by various teams.

Green Bay picked up TE Jake Stoneburner, who is a Jimmy Graham-style TE that could be a great asset if he pans out. He didn't get much of an opportunity to show off his skills once Braxton Miller took over Ohio State's offense. Houston picked up DB Travis Howard and S Ohrian Johnson, who were two of my favorite DBs that Ohio State had, so I hope they can make an impact there. The Giants picked up Etienne Sabino, one of their best LBs that I hope catches on just for the name alone.

I also saw that John Simon got drafted by Baltimore, which is a great place for him. He was a very good performer on the defensive line throughout his career at Ohio State and should be a good asset for the Ravens to help rebuild their defense.

bread's done
Back