The 2013-14 NFL Thread

...You know what. These entire playoffs (sans Chargers/Bengals) just pisses me off. I want to block it all from my memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Sherman is one of the best if not the best corner in the game, but have some damn humility you dick.
It's that kind of stuff that warrants a freak accident or being stricken with cancer or something...assuming you believe in karma. The hubris some pro athletes have is unreal. In a way, I hope he injures himself celebrating in the locker room and has to miss the Super Bowl.

Wish this would be against peyton not crabtree

1390186666898.gif

I feel awful for Bowman. I got emotional seeing him carted off like that moreso than the loss.

It's been reported by CSN Comcast Sports that Seattle fans were throwing food at Bowman as he was getting carted off. Some humans absolutely disgust me.

Stay classy Seahawk fans.

How? Bowman was going after the ball, not the receiver, so he got injured for nothing with the terrible call. The Lynch TD run was a textbook example of the DBs playing it safe because they don't want to tackle a back near the endzone.
Bowman stripped the ball and created a turnover, which is the purpose of going for the ball. That the refs made a bad call (and Bowman's injury) doesn't negate the proper decision to go for a turnover.

what an unrootable Super Bowl matchup. Sherman...such an ass.
I'm actually more excited to see this Super Bowl then I have been in a while, not the usual teams in it. As for Sherman, hey, I'm sure Crabtree was talking just as much, he was just calling him out on it. He at least keeps it entertaining.

Bowman stripped the ball and created a turnover, which is the purpose of going for the ball. That the refs made a bad call (and Bowman's injury) doesn't negate the proper decision to go for a turnover.
So what about the long Lynch TD run where the DB was close enough behind him to grab him for a tackle, but instead he kind of taps at the ball to give him free reign to just run it into the endzone. You can see #26 is the only DB in range to take him down and he does nothing to stop him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/0ap2000000315402/NFC-Championship-Can-t-Miss-Play-Unleash-the-beast

What did Crabtree say to him? He was so fired up.
Probably some generic "I'm better than you" crap that every NFL player says to their opponents that Sherman took personally because he is a Seattle Seahawk so he is the only one who can trash talk as they have won 60 Super Bowls and are the greatest team in the history of ever.

And he writes for SI.

Probably some generic "I'm better than you" crap that every NFL player says to their opponents that Sherman took personally because he is a Seattle Seahawk so he is the only one who can trash talk as they have won 60 Super Bowls and are the greatest team in the history of ever.

And he writes for SI.
Probably has more to do with all the shit Harbaugh was saying about Crabtree more than anything. Dude is still pissed off Harbaugh didn't draft him and is making him pay. Randy Moss did it to the Boys every time so those feelings don't go away.

I honestly loved everything he said. We got a new hood champ.

Probably has more to do with all the shit Harbaugh was saying about Crabtree more than anything. Dude is still pissed off Harbaugh didn't draft him and is making him pay. Randy Moss did it to the Boys every time so those feelings don't go away.

I honestly loved everything he said. We got a new hood champ.
I was waiting for him to tell her to say Queensbridge.

Refs basically handed that game to Seattle sans one or two plays Seattle made, but it is what it is. They got karma for getting hosed in the Super Bowl versus the Steelers.

Sherman is an assclown.

Peyton had one of the greatest performances in playoff history today. In a conference championship game. Against the Patriots. Does he have to throw for 700 yards and 11 TD to impress you or something?
No I think renique46 is just Jim Irsay CAG account. He just need a place to rant about Manning to make his ego feel better about what he did last year and also to get information about cheap Xbox live subscription deals.

I feel awful for Bowman. I got emotional seeing him carted off like that moreso than the loss.

It's been reported by CSN Comcast Sports that Seattle fans were throwing food at Bowman as he was getting carted off. Some humans absolutely disgust me.

Stay classy Seahawk fans.
And to think, they were once lumped in with Cleveland a short while ago because of the loss of the Sonics.

Because the Seahawks ans their fans have been like that for the past few years and because it WOULD be kind of nice to finally get rid of the Peyton playoff arguments, I am going with Denver.

Hard for me to pick a winner. As a lifelong Chiefs fan, I'm bred to hate Denver. And I've never liked Manning, even in Indy.

Then there's Seattle who, for reasons I can and can't explain, I just don't like. For example, Russell Wilson. Don't like him. Can't explain why, there's just something about him that irritates me.

But the more I think about it, I might have to go with Denver. Manning could retire if he gets this Superbowl ring (or pull an Elway and go one more year), and the end of all life as we know it could come about if Sherman puts on a ring and his ego devours everything in the known universe.

No I think renique46 is just Jim Irsay CAG account. He just need a place to rant about Manning to make his ego feel better about what he did last year and also to get information about cheap Xbox live subscription deals.
Nah i just don't get my mouth salivating over the simplest shit this fool does like a lot of people do. Nice job randomly digging to try to find some random shit about xbl when i'm already set for xbl dumbass lol stfu.

Also even though it was a little assholish for Sherman to do , props to a lot of people all over the net to try to attached the word thug or hood in a subtle way, stupid asses.

Nah i just don't get my mouth salivating over the simplest shit this fool does like a lot of people do. Nice job randomly digging to try to find some random shit about xbl when i'm already set for xbl dumbass lol stfu.

Also even though it was a little assholish for Sherman to do , props to a lot of people all over the net to try to attached the word thug or hood in a subtle way, stupid asses.
Relax it was just a joke dude.

In my opinion, Sherman comes off as an utter tool. But he was already established as one in my mind, so all last night did was confirm that. And it's unfortunate, because the guy actually is pretty intelligent and well-spoken, when he's doing a wrestling promo. Seems like he has a massive chip on his shoulder that not every, single person in the world will crown him the best corner, and it's silly. You are always gonna have people who don't like you, for one reason or the other.

Article Sherman wrote after the game

I actually liked sherman more after that interview.. Though I'm still salty about his game winning pick 6 against the texans. but after the game last night, I admire him for keeping it real and not be bound by this classy and sportsmanship stuffs that most people want to expect from an athlete.. Crabby was talking to him all game and from the past off-season. Sherman just put him in his place lol.

Good god Crab got ethered so hard. That was classic.

I love the trash-talking. LOVE IT. Some actual fun in the No Fun League? No wonder no one knows how to react!
lmao Sherman was too real for Erin Andrews on that interview

Article Sherman wrote after the game

I actually liked sherman more after that interview.. Though I'm still salty about his game winning pick 6 against the texans. but after the game last night, I admire him for keeping it real and not be bound by this classy and sportsmanship stuffs that most people want to expect from an athlete.. Crabby was talking to him all game and from the past off-season. Sherman just put him in his place lol.

Good god Crab got ethered so hard. That was classic.

lmao Sherman was too real for Erin Andrews on that interview
That article was a pretty good read.

Erin Andrews reaction and the face she made was just funny. "Who was talking about you?"

The "thug" stuff is dumb but when you say things like " if you have any kind of dog about you" you aren't helping your cause.  Sherm seems like a decent and smart dude but this narrative that "oh my he went to Stanford" or "oh gee he helps inner-city kids" doesn't mean he is above doing something stupid or punk. I mean, when Tiger cheated did we all say "Well he can't be that bad he went to Stanford"? The interview didn't really bother me but the taunting is bush league. 

Of course Sherman was painting himself in the best possible light ( "I was just shaking his hand" ) I guess he thinks most fans are stupid enough to buy it.

I don't mind Sherman talking. It's more entertaining than "They played a good game, but we were fortunate to come out with the win". Yeah, that's good sportsmanship, but there's already plenty of that in post-game interviews. I want something worth keeping the channel on for instead of turning straight to ESPN and watching 40 minutes of highlights of the game I just spent 3 hours watching.

But I hope so bad that he gets worked hard by Manning in the Super Bowl.

I love the trash-talking. LOVE IT. Some actual fun in the No Fun League? No wonder no one knows how to react!
Agreed. I wish more athletes would speak their mind. More entertaining than the usual robotic interview.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l9SDAqAV3U[/youtube]

I don't have a problem with what he said. But the choke sign is classless and he was a jerk to Andrews for ranting and then walking away after the follow up question.

I think people sending him racial slurs are way out of line. But what is he defending? Cause he's a jerk and this whole "I was just shaking his hand" etc. Give me a break.

I don't mind Sherman talking. It's more entertaining than "They played a good game, but we were fortunate to come out with the win". Yeah, that's good sportsmanship, but there's already plenty of that in post-game interviews. I want something worth keeping the channel on for instead of turning straight to ESPN and watching 40 minutes of highlights of the game I just spent 3 hours watching.

But I hope so bad that he gets worked hard by Manning in the Super Bowl.
Yeah, but it's not like there's no middle ground. He could have taken a dig at the 49ers, Harbaugh, and Crabtree with a little more tact. He could have said "We proved who the better team was tonight...and you see what happens when you try to challenge me with the game on the line."

But to scream into the microphone like you're on Jerry Springer is going to make people judge you as an unintelligent, unlikable person. And the reality is, when you're also black...some people are going to go even further than that. It's sad, but that's the way these things work. Even if Crabtree started it...does Sherman think he's going to watch the interview? He's screaming at Erin Andrews in front of an audience of thousands...

I don't know...I just don't get my entertainment out of watching people act like trash. Had he made some super aggressive comment that was hilarious and articulate, I probably would have been fine with it. But berating and spitting on somebody after you've knocked them out, I just don't see a need for.

Some of the Tweets Sherman has gotten are hilarious, simply because it is amazing how beyond ignorant some people are. One guy claimed he is going to "f" any child Sherman has, "f" them right in the mouth. Class personified...

Pretty sad story about Davone Bess. Makes me feel bad about my post the other day. He was apparently hospitalized previously for a mental breakdown back in March, prior to the Dolphins trading him. The Browns did not do their homework on Bess, it would seem, and were not aware of his problems.

I'll gladly take Sherman's trash talking over someone like Ndamukong Suh's dirty playing. His rant looked a little silly but that's hardly the worst thing happening on the field. Further, if the article he wrote is to be believed Crabtree instigated the incident himself by being a sore loser (the same Michael Crabtree who held out on signing a contract with the 49ers because they were seemingly beneath him at the time).

The point is, the NFL is full of big egos, Sherman is certainly one of them and we caught a rare candid moment from him. At its worst though it's not as bad as the guys who are out there actively trying to injure other players and quite literally kicking them when they're down.

Gotta say, I absolutely loved Sherman going off. Granted, I was still a bitter Panthers fan Sunday who was hoping Seattle was going to kick San Fan's shit in, but all the same. I'll take that over the robotic "we take it one game at a time; that was a good team, blah blah blah..." bullshit we get all the time. Sure, the choke sign was a little classless and he could have used more tact in the interview, but I enjoyed it.

Also, Belichick calling out Welker for being dirty? Ha....

bread's done
Back