The 2013-14 NFL Thread

New video has surfaced (how has it taken so long?) of the "interview" Sherman did before he talked to Erin Andrews. He screamed basically the same stuff he did at Andrews, this time at a Fox Deportes reporter. The interesting thing is that Andrews is actually standing behind them during the tail end of the interview, so it sort of explains why she handled it so well. She was aware that he was probably gonna scream like an idiot.

New video has surfaced (how has it taken so long?) of the "interview" Sherman did before he talked to Erin Andrews. He screamed basically the same stuff he did at Andrews, this time at a Fox Deportes reporter. The interesting thing is that Andrews is actually standing behind them during the tail end of the interview, so it sort of explains why she handled it so well. She was aware that he was probably gonna scream like an idiot.
Here is the video. I don't know but it just look like he was just pumped up and the only thing he said to Crabtree was, "Hell of a game, hell of a game." I think his interview antics was just because Crabtree snubbed him. Also he's going to the Super Bowl. How can he not be emotional?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000316744/Sound-FX-Sherman-and-Crabtree-clash

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy who killed Sean Taylor was sentenced to 57 years in prison today.

In more comedic news, the Cowboys gave Dan Bailey a 7 year contract.

Here is the video. I don't know but it just look like he was just pumped up and the only thing he said to Crabtree was, "Hell of a game, hell of a game." I think his interview antics was just because Crabtree snubbed him. Also he's going to the Super Bowl. How can he not be emotional?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000316744/Sound-FX-Sherman-and-Crabtree-clash
that's not the video in question.

this is..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/23/richard-sherman-fox-deportes-interview-video_n_4648904.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

his antics weren't dependent on the moment. He's always talking about how great he is or how great others should consider him.

I don't have a problem with what he said. But the choke sign is classless and he was a jerk to Andrews for ranting and then walking away after the follow up question.

I think people sending him racial slurs are way out of line. But what is he defending? Cause he's a jerk and this whole "I was just shaking his hand" etc. Give me a break.
Fox cut off the interview & sent him away, not Sherman. This comes from Andrews interview on Dan Patrick Show on Monday.

I've lost a lot of respect for Crabtree in all of this. You guys hating on Sherman see the NFL Films footage after the pick when Sherman went to Crabtree said good game with his hand extended and got slapped in the face?

Fox cut off the interview & sent him away, not Sherman. This comes from Andrews interview on Dan Patrick Show on Monday.

I've lost a lot of respect for Crabtree in all of this. You guys hating on Sherman see the NFL Films footage after the pick when Sherman went to Crabtree said good game with his hand extended and got slapped in the face?
Yeah, I've reconsidered my stance on this a bit since more stuff has come out. I still don't think his outburst casts himself OR his team in the best light (people are hating the Seahawks now because of it....well, and because of the fans throwing shit when Bowman got hurt).

But considering all of the factors, I think part of the blame should go to Fox for being oblivious to what was going on. Andrews acted like she had no clue about the history between Sherman and Crabtree...and I guess nobody at the network noticed Crabtree snubbing him (though to be fair, seeking Crabtree out to tell him "gg" probably isn't going to be received well).

It just seemed like they were trying to capitalize on an emotional guy when his adrenaline was running high. But at the same time...it's on Sherman to recognize that. If he doesn't care about the fallout, that's his choice. But for all the talent the guy has, you'd think he'd want to be remembered more for positive things...and not be worked like Fox's puppet.

Yeah, I've reconsidered my stance on this a bit since more stuff has come out. I still don't think his outburst casts himself OR his team in the best light (people are hating the Seahawks now because of it....well, and because of the fans throwing shit when Bowman got hurt).

But considering all of the factors, I think part of the blame should go to Fox for being oblivious to what was going on. Andrews acted like she had no clue about the history between Sherman and Crabtree...and I guess nobody at the network noticed Crabtree snubbing him (though to be fair, seeking Crabtree out to tell him "gg" probably isn't going to be received well).

It just seemed like they were trying to capitalize on an emotional guy when his adrenaline was running high. But at the same time...it's on Sherman to recognize that. If he doesn't care about the fallout, that's his choice. But for all the talent the guy has, you'd think he'd want to be remembered more for positive things...and not be worked like Fox's puppet.
the funniest thing I've heard is that Erin Andrews sounds like every girlfriend dealing with her drunk boyfriend....

"all theez peephul are sayin stuff about me"

"Who is saying stuff about you??... Go to bed"

the funniest thing I've heard is that Erin Andrews sounds like every girlfriend dealing with her drunk boyfriend....

"all theez peephul are sayin stuff about me"

"Who is saying stuff about you??... Go to bed"
Haha, yeah, that's pretty true.

"Who's talking about you? Richard...there's nobody else here. Stop it. You're acting crazy. Oh my God...put the knife down!"

Ah, college.

Words have different meanings based on context. Richard Sherman was not being Mr. Rodgers and congratulating his opponent on a good game. I'm sorry, but if you truly believe that was his intent, you are gullible.

I dont like either Sherman or Crabtree much after reading all this.  I dont normally mind trash-talking and rivalries in football, but this is a little excessive I guess.  Probably just cause the media is all over it, but still.  Aren't there more interesting things to talk about in the next week and a half?

It's either Sherman or Manning. Pick your poison.
I'm pulling for the Broncos. I want to see Peyton legitimize all his regular season records. People can say what they want, but the guy deserves to be in the discussion of greatest QBs ever. Another Super Bowl ring helps that argument even more.

I dont like either Sherman or Crabtree much after reading all this. I dont normally mind trash-talking and rivalries in football, but this is a little excessive I guess. Probably just cause the media is all over it, but still. Aren't there more interesting things to talk about in the next week and a half?
Like...uh...the Pro Bowl?

So he was basically rehearsing his rant. Lame.

sherman was also trying to pat him on the butt when they already don't like each other. He was patronizing him. His nickname is the ring worm as in, he tries to get under your skin.

I bet 95% of the audio recorded by NFL films is not allowed to be said on TV without an FCC fine. There's a post on deadspin that it was Sherman who was being aggressive and wanting to fight Crabtree at the charity event, and this was said by someone not related to either party. Sherman is just a shit talker. If you have to keep telling other people you are the greatest every chance you get then your probably aren't. Anyways, fuck that guy, people should be talking about Marshawn Lynch instead. He's the MVP of that team.

So what about the long Lynch TD run where the DB was close enough behind him to grab him for a tackle, but instead he kind of taps at the ball to give him free reign to just run it into the endzone. You can see #26 is the only DB in range to take him down and he does nothing to stop him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/0ap2000000315402/NFC-Championship-Can-t-Miss-Play-Unleash-the-beast
Terrible play by Brock. I couldn't believe he did a little love tap on the ball instead of trying to tackle Lynch. Horse collar tackle him if you have to just don't let him in to the endzone.

So what about the long Lynch TD run where the DB was close enough behind him to grab him for a tackle, but instead he kind of taps at the ball to give him free reign to just run it into the endzone. You can see #26 is the only DB in range to take him down and he does nothing to stop him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/0ap2000000315402/NFC-Championship-Can-t-Miss-Play-Unleash-the-beast
Obviously, going for a turnover is not the right move in every situation - just like throwing a pitch over the plate for a strike is frequently the right move for a pitcher, but isn't always the best course of action.

Still, even on that play, it's unlikely that he would have been able to bring Lynch down. He's a coverage DB, not Kam Chancellor, and he had no leverage or momentum to do anything but jump on Lynch and get carried into the end zone.

lynch is good but people are acting like he is Walter Payton, Franco Harris, and Marcus Allen all in one.  He's only got 3 100 yard games this season. He might not even be top 5 in the NFL but his team is still standing so that counts for something. 

Who's excited for the Super Bowl being played on Saturday? Yay stadium with no roof! Who could have possibly seen this coming? Bunch of damned idiots, lol.

Who's excited for the Super Bowl being played on Saturday? Yay stadium with no roof! Who could have possibly seen this coming? Bunch of damned idiots, lol.
I heard it was being played on Sunday.

And i love that it has a chance to be played in the elements. Brings some real football back.

He was a nose tackle, not a WR. It's also 180 days and 10 years of probation.
That would be one big WR!

I think when you consider the circumstances the sentence was fair. The victim's (who happened to be his best friend and also a college teammate) mother asked for leniency and forgave Brent a long time ago. Also a sentence structured like this with an long period of probation gives someone like Brent a chance to show if he is remorseful. It's already been documented that he had three failed drug tests since the accident and I'm under the impression that if he fails one while on probation it is highly possible he will have to serve the remainder of his sentence.

So if he stays clean for 10 years he'll be the better person for it and if not then he'll do more time and have no one to blame but himself.

I heard it was being played on Sunday.

And i love that it has a chance to be played in the elements. Brings some real football back.
There's still a big chance they could change it to Saturday because of the weather. The UFC had to make a big deal out of it last night because they have an event in Newark on Saturday. But if the Super Bowl gets moved, they're going to move their event to Sunday. Just a massive unnecessary headache for everyone involved.

Closer we get, the less likely snow seems. They are now predicting dry and 30s. Probably better off. Bad weather could create a logistics nightmare and force them move the game.

So, for the past week it seemed like the Ravens OC job would be either Kyle Shanahan or Jim Hostler, with most fans preferring Shanny.

Now Gary Kubiak (who I thought was the best one for the job during the initial reports) has re-emerged as the favorite.

If you missed it, check out the video of him opening up a bag of Super Bowl swag. Highlights include:

- not being able to figure out that the earmuffs go around the back of your head

- numerous references to him not putting things on his head, because of his great hair

- mistaking a cup sleeve for "something to put your credit cards in," because there was an advert for a credit card on it...

Closer we get, the less likely snow seems. They are now predicting dry and 30s. Probably better off. Bad weather could create a logistics nightmare and force them move the game.
Short of a historic weather event they are not moving the game. I read an article somewhere that said only once in the last 81 years has an NFL game been canceled for weather and that they came out and said that the game would have been played last week if it was on that day we got all that snow (8"-10" or so). Of course that would have been AWESOME.

I think you might have heard and/or read wrong. NFL EVP Eric Grubman did say they could play the game the day right after a bad storm. He was on with Francesa last week and said the possibility of the game being moved was realistic in a state of emergency situation. They did not want to put people at risk or divert resources away from emergency services during a blizzard. Even if you could get the teams to Met Life, the absolute last thing the NFL wants is the Super Bowl played in front of an empty stadium.

For the Francesa fans. Someone made a tribute clip of some of the best YES moments as the show is now leaving YES to maybe nowhere.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=vclwLlVx2d4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvclwLlVx2d4%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Enjoy
That WFAN Audio channel isn't actually associated with WFAN is it? Because the production on that video was awful. I had to stop watching about 30 seconds after that ass awful "background" music kicked in. Way too freaking loud. It was like trying to follow a conversation in a crowded bar. Too bad. I'm sure the clips were comedy gold.

bread's done
Back