The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
The Chik-Fil-A sandwiches aren't free when the sole purpose of the app and that promotion is to sell your personal information (that is required to register) to other companies.
Out of curiosity, I checked the App Store info on their app. They actually collect the same information as Burger King and less than McDonald's, and none of it is used to track you (whereas a subset of the others' is). Wendy's collects less. I only looked at those four.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the rare situation where GS had something on sale online that I needed to buy immediately, so I went ahead and subscribed to PRO again to see if I'd get the 10k or not. It had expired at the end of Dec 2022. I had a purple banner on mobile check out saying get 10k points for going PRO. Idk if seeing that matters or not but I'm happy to report that I got 10k points and the monthly $5 cert immediately.

Dang, guess I should have done mine online instead of in store. Didn't get my cert and only 5k

I had the rare situation where GS had something on sale online that I needed to buy immediately, so I went ahead and subscribed to PRO again to see if I'd get the 10k or not. It had expired at the end of Dec 2022. I had a purple banner on mobile check out saying get 10k points for going PRO. Idk if seeing that matters or not but I'm happy to report that I got 10k points and the monthly $5 cert immediately.

Just got back from GS. Asked for the $5 eshop code and he told me he's pretty sure they removed it but he will check. No longer in the system. I told him I'll take the $5 MS instead and he said he thinks that's gone too but he will check. Success. $5 MS is still there but he told me he is pretty sure it will be gone soon. Got home to buy a $10 PSN with my $5 promo and the website refused to take trade credit and then when I tried with a CC, I got your session expired every time so I went on my app and it took my TC and it all worked no problem.
Hopefully it holds up until 2/1s So I can get another months worth with my accounts

Out of curiosity, I checked the App Store info on their app. They actually collect the same information as Burger King and less than McDonald's, and none of it is used to track you (whereas a subset of the others' is). Wendy's collects less. I only looked at those four.
only app I use is Starbucks app. I work 60 hours a week I need quadruple espresso shots everyday. Anyone know if Harry Potter getting the bonus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right here. Went there for lunch a few years ago and it tore me up within twenty minutes.
I think that's the issue for most people (with various kinds of food.) If your system is accustomed to it, you do fine with it... if you don't eat things like that for years and then try it once, your body can react in strange ways.

I had the same issue when I went to Belize. All of the food at our resort was fresh and organic and my body didn't know what to do with that, considering I eat like a normal American most of the time.

I feel like you need to build up a tolerance to taco bell. It will destroy you if you eat mostly healthy then drop some of those dog food beef bombs into your gut. I still love it though, Baja blast is delicious. I eat Mexican food semi regularly, and even much more authentic Mexican food joints will occasionally tear my stomache up

If you eat like crap for the most part, and eat taco bell frequently, it probably won't bother you. Of course, like the deals at gamestop, YMMV

It’s not even the hot sauce. I love hot sauce. It’s the fact that Taco Bell had low grade ingredients and cooked with hate.

I still love their Mexican pizza.
Taco Bell slows me down and makes me feel like slow poke I prefer coffee and protein bars over that cancer food

so I called gamestop customer service line to ask about my fire emblem engage divine edition and they say it might be lost and they order a replacement for me. Would I get a tracking number for the replacement? They said they would email 10 days if the replacment is approve. I wonder if the person was lying. man this is such a hassle to deal with

3OFUWm6.png

so I called gamestop customer service line to ask about my fire emblem engage divine edition and they say it might be lost and they order a replacement for me. Would I get a tracking number for the replacement? They said they would email 10 days if the replacment is approve. I wonder if the person was lying. man this is such a hassle to deal with
Look at it this way: Maybe that first Divine Edition and the replacement will get to you and you'll end up with a free one.

The divine edition was in-stock this afternoon for about an hour.. maybe the un-picked up pre-orders got released for sale?

What would stop someone from driving from store to store asking for one and showing off their preorder email from gamestop.com, getting as many of these as possible. That's probably why some people have so many.
Nothing. You didn't even need to show an order / invoice if you you warmed them up first and just make a lap around the city picking up pre-order bonuses or other random free shit (posters, pins, promo materials, hats, or bonuses like tarot cards). I used to do shenanigans like that early in my CAG days before I was easily recognized upon entry. :oldman:

I've never met anyone in real life who has ever had issues eating at Taco Bell. It's only people online repeating the same joke for the last 10 years or so.
hmm thats funny because the Taco Bell here was closed for a long time they tore it down and built a new one... Got some when it reopened and within a half hour my guts were not happy

Aside from RE4 are there any current releases or pre orders giving a bonus currently? If the website shows it, I have no idea how to see where

Aside from RE4 are there any current releases or pre orders giving a bonus currently? If the website shows it, I have no idea how to see where
Fire Emblem Engage
Hogwarts Legacy
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Resident Evil 4
Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Final Fantasy XVI
Dead Island 2
Street Fighter 6
Diablo IV
Assassin's Creed Mirage

Cheap ass gourmand is my favorite for when it goes off rails.

But it's impossible to find any deals currently. The buy x for y sale whatever was good already trickled out of stock.

I wonder how raising the free shipping threshold has affected revenue. I can’t stand to pay for shipping so highly unlikely I buy anything online now that isn’t digital currency.

So can anyone recommend Callisto Protocol for ps5 at the current $49.99 sale price point?

Have $35 in rewards points to cash out (remind me..do I need to do that before going to the store or can they do it at register?).

So can anyone recommend Callisto Protocol for ps5 at the current $49.99 sale price point?

Have $35 in rewards points to cash out (remind me..do I need to do that before going to the store or can they do it at register?).
I would pass until its in the $20 range. They cannot redeem your points for certs at the register aside from the renewal for pur.

the game is really good I love it. It’s 10-12 hours long . I work 60 hours a week so I only have time for games that are within that time frame. I don’t got time for a 100 hour game

Look at it this way: Maybe that first Divine Edition and the replacement will get to you and you'll end up with a free one.
Unfortunately, I was in the same situation where they printed the shipping label on the 19th but then never shipped. I called this morning and was told there were a batch of "ghost orders" like this and that they are out of stock and can only offer a refund. Really disturbing.

Thanks all. Maybe I will use my points on something else...just hate having them and expecting them to disappear. 😆

Edit...We can't use the pur point certs on a pre order correct?

bread's done
Back