The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic. But regarding all the cash back sites. I’ve had instances where I’ve ordered something through GameStop, got cash back, returned the item for whatever reason, and the cash back stayed.

Does anyone know why it sometimes stays and sometimes doesn’t? Or is it just random or luck/a glitch
It's up to Gamestop to notify if the item gets returned. I got hosed out of a $10 sign up bonus with Befrugal because Gamestop never informed them I bought the product even though I showed Befrugal my confirmation email. Once in awhile, I flat out don't get the cash back I should but it's rare and usually an email to their customer support takes care of it. In this case though, I would think that if a person is constantly buying items just to get the cash back and then return the items, they would catch on. If it's done infrequently though, I am sure they won't notice.

Yeah unfortunately with those types of things it’s up to the vendor. Gamestop seems to be the worst with updating apps about any details with orders.

Also, people putting in online orders if they aren’t showing up they most likely are going through. I had to reach out to GameStop about this yesterday to make sure an order I put the other day went through. They’re having a system issue apparently with not updating accounts or placing tracking on packages. Fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else thinking about trading in their Xbox Series S? $232.50 after $40 trade bonus seems tempting.

Anyone else thinking about trading in their Xbox Series S? $232.50 after $40 trade bonus seems tempting.
Yeah I was contemplating doing that when I asked about the $40 being part of the listed trade-in values or not. $232.50 is actually quite good though I don't intend to buy an Xbox Series X soon (still waiting on another special edition console or refresh) and I wouldn't know what to use the credit for.

Yeah with no new hardware on the horizon, I’m hesitant to stock up on GameStop credit. I managed to get a 512GB Xbox expansion card for $65 from Target and now find the Series S to be the better value compared to my X. Mostly just have the X to play Rock Band.

Yeah with no new hardware on the horizon, I’m hesitant to stock up on GameStop credit. I managed to get a 512GB Xbox expansion card for $65 from Target and now find the Series S to be the better value compared to my X. Mostly just have the X to play Rock Band.
Stock up credit, preorder multiple of those new Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Switch consoles until the credit is all gone, then sell them at cost (or for more) for cash on Offer Up. Ezpz

But ya, I don't have the motivation for that hustle anymore lol. Would rather just sell a Series X locally for $350-400 cash and be done with it

The Series S dropped in value this morning to $148 base, making the bonus worthless since even with the bonus, it's less than what it was before the promo started.

I doubt we'll ever see another Tradepocalypse, like the one I took advantage of in 2017...

Buy six games on clearance at Walmart, trade in for more store value than paid.  Then buy six high dollar Nintendo games under B2G1.

Then flip those to another GameStop for MORE store credit.  Rinse and repeat as long as you're feeling lucky.

I paid off a New Nintendo 3DS XL and fat stack of games with that one.  Ah, good times.

Stock up credit, preorder multiple of those new Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Switch consoles until the credit is all gone, then sell them at cost (or for more) for cash on Offer Up. Ezpz

But ya, I don't have the motivation for that hustle anymore lol. Would rather just sell a Series X locally for $350-400 cash and be done with it
I used to stock up on Xbox credit to use on Microsoft store, but they don't have much beyond their own products now. It was nice to get a Samsung phone and Xbox Series X that way. Steam cards was good too for steam deck.

2017 was definitely the glory days. I missed out on the most optimal part of it, but there were still some pretty good trade values afterward; between that, flipping games from Family Dollar and Redbox, and the $150 PS4 for Black Friday, I got my PS4 for practically nothing.

2017 was definitely the glory days. I missed out on the most optimal part of it, but there were still some pretty good trade values afterward; between that, flipping games from Family Dollar and Redbox, and the $150 PS4 for Black Friday, I got my PS4 for practically nothing.
was 2017 when they had those 50% extra trade in cards and people were flipping consoles and iPads ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is still some sweet deals to be had, I’ve been buying the sub $300 or less XSX and traded in a few last year for $480 each, more than doubled my original purchase price from Amazon Warehouse, granted it’s just trade credit.

Wii Fit U $35.20 with Pro is pretty outrageous
9e0d311f-cb58-44b4-a404-c1addc75a62d_text.gif

I ordered Dead Space on the GS app on the 26th and it is still on “preparing to ship” today. I can’t cancel the order at this point, has anyone else had a new release game take this long to process for shipment?

Series x dropped as well, less than before even with bonus. Looks like the stack of 35 games won’t be traded in either, disappointing as always.

Well mini flips a many. Should be an easy $50-200 a run about 60 decent flips most are under the $30 mark. Some are break even. I posted the spreadsheet previously and have edited it. There are some errors on it but it should work for most people just check values beforehand.

Honestly even without the added bonus a lot of these games are break even.

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3 Switch

Bayonetta and Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle

Guacamelee! One-Two Punch Collection

Horizon Chase Turbo Switch

Catherine: Full Body PS4

The Sinking City Xbox One
Sea Of Thieves

Outriders: Worldslayer - Xbox Series X
Isn't that just a DLC code?

NBA 2K23 - Xbox Series X might have the wrong values

Some people have directed message me on this before. Basically go to store A buy the games you see. Then go to Store B and trade them in unless Store B has great inventory and then go to Store C D E etc.

Well mini flips a many. Should be an easy $50-200 a run about 60 decent flips most are under the $30 mark. Some are break even. I posted the spreadsheet previously and have edited it. There are some errors on it but it should work for most people just check values beforehand.

Honestly even without the added bonus a lot of these games are break even.

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3 Switch
Bayonetta and Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle
Guacamelee! One-Two Punch Collection
Horizon Chase Turbo Switch
Catherine: Full Body PS4
The Sinking City Xbox One
Sea Of Thieves

Outriders: Worldslayer - Xbox Series X
Isn't that just a DLC code?

Some people have directed message me on this before. Basically go to store A buy the games you see. Then go to Store B and trade them in unless Store B has great inventory and then go to Store C D E etc.
Thank you. Where is the spread sheet?

When did GameStop stop accepting trade ins of games 6 months or less old? They don’t take the following ps5 games, NFS unbound, NHL 23, and saints row.

When did GameStop stop accepting trade ins of games 6 months or less old? They don’t take the following ps5 games, NFS unbound, NHL 23, and saints row.
They haven't been updating the website as of late. They do show some popular games but many have 1 cent values despite being recent releases and them trading in for more. Honestly making any kind of spreadsheet or data mining is difficult as a result.

These games may not flip properly.
NBA 2K23 - Xbox Series X Values haven't changed oddly
Outriders WorldSlayer Xbox One May not work DLC is a code.
Sea Of Thieves Xbox One May differ

Flipping is a waste of time most games break evenish. This time around. Assuming you find the holy grail and grab all 47 games, you would only profit $52.74. Only 14 are worth a damn and that is mostly because of Samurai, Monster and Dead being $15-5 profit. Sure Chivarly and some others are $4-2 but the effort used and chances of being in stock is so low. Good luck I am avoiding this promo.

Worldslayer does trade despite the DLC code. I did it a few weeks ago when Amazon had the game cheap.
Interesting and the new copy is worth $12 on Series X making it an easy flip. Screw it going for it tomorrow. Hopefully I find the 19 games I am looking for. Assuming I can find Battle Chasers to Xenoblade. I should get me $50. Ya, this isn;t worth it. The drive is 2 hours to four stores. Then purchasing and hoping they are in stock. The last promo waves have been garbage and this is no different sadly. Rather just stay at work get overtime or try doing Uber, Doordash etc. Even if all 19 are in stock I get $50. I drive 72 miles which is $34 after wear and tear gas, deprecation. Basically I make -$34 to $66 and use 3 hours. Ya the numbers don't lie, this is a waste of time for me. Hopefully my sheet helps one of you out. I am out.

Interesting and the new copy is worth $12 on Series X making it an easy flip. Screw it going for it tomorrow. Hopefully I find the 19 games I am looking for. Assuming I can find Battle Chasers to Xenoblade. I should get me $50. Ya, this isn;t worth it. The drive is 2 hours to four stores. Then purchasing and hoping they are in stock. The last promo waves have been garbage and this is no different sadly. Rather just stay at work get overtime or try doing Uber, Doordash etc. Even if all 19 are in stock I get $50. I drive 72 miles which is $34 after wear and tear gas, deprecation.
Lmao. This reeks of desperation. You’re not going to find these games. Even if you do find some, you’ll have to deal with price matching and the amount of time waiting for employees to gather the games.

By your own math, you’d net $16 driving around for 2 hours. You could have made $16 per copy of 2k23 during the 4/40 and they shipped directly to you.

Looks like my local store has stopped taking in xbox 360 games, tho that's no where posted in the store. Though they still took in my Forza Horizon 1 and Assassins Creed Ezio Trilogy for the xbox 360 as a last time thing. They said the store in the Mall next town over will still take them since they have alot of 360 and ps3 games still that sell.

Looks like my local store has stopped taking in xbox 360 games, tho that's no where posted in the store. Though they still took in my Forza Horizon 1 and Assassins Creed Ezio Trilogy for the xbox 360 as a last time thing. They said the store in the Mall next town over will still take them since they have alot of 360 and ps3 games still that sell.
They don't have the choice in the matter. Website rules over the store. Hate lazy stores/worker's. I've had a few try this with Wii and 360 but they still take them in.

There’s some weird thing where if they scan a game it might not come up but if they manually search for it, it will come up. Basically, they’re creating an effect where it’s advantageous to trade without the case because it forces the employee to search for it.

I think it might be too late. It seems like they generate a list of accounts that'll receive the next month's coupon just before the end of the month. My account expired on 12/30 but I was issued a coupon for Jan, and when I renewed later in Jan, it became active again.

bread's done
Back