The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
As long as you can apply it on psn online then I’m good. I usually would rather use it instore on an item that is complete than double dip online on psn. Plus they charge tax online

Just to be clear, the $6 Xbox cred is available to buy but you just can't use the $5 coupon on it, right? For the $10, did you get a physical gift card or have them print it out at the register?
Yes, the $6 is available to buy but the $5 coupon will not work on it. I did a register print out for my code

Is the bonus you guys were talking about a few pages back still active? I got a few games to dumb so would be easier to go to GS vs try eBay. 

That is a HUGE nerf to the $5 coupon. If I hadn't already signed up for several years for free (during the 10,000 point renewal with the 10,000 point bonus), I would probably let my subscription lapse at this point. Ain't nobody buying any non-digital products from them every month to justify a monthly coupon, except flippers who they already hate.

That is a HUGE nerf to the $5 coupon. If I hadn't already signed up for several years for free (during the 10,000 point renewal with the 10,000 point bonus), I would probably let my subscription lapse at this point. Ain't nobody buying any non-digital products from them every month to justify a monthly coupon, except flippers who they already hate.
It's been said already in this thread that when this happens, the coupon might work again on digital credit in a few days. Wait a bit longer before concluding it's really been nerfed.

79uqjq.jpg

did a post get deleted? i am not seeing anyone freak out. I see one person who thinks it no longer works on digital but i am not seeing that reported by anyone

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not just talking about it not working online though; remember they just cut the $5 digital currency which is what most people used the coupon on. And I haven't seen the coupon not work for so long (and it's happening simultaneously with the other change so there's a decent chance it's permanent).

Well, it was nice getting 67% off $15 Xbox spacebucks every month, but I'll still take 50% off $20. My guess is they haven't killed it entirely yet because they've created a monster they can't control and depend on monthly. Just means I'll be using up what credit I have with them twice as fast now.

GameStop selling digital credit is as if Blockbuster was selling Netflix subscriptions. With every sale they get a little closer to their demise but they don’t want to give up the revenue.

I haven't gotten my 5 dollar coupon email yet for February. Oh. I see it's buried on the bottom of my account's page, although it says in-store only. OK then.

Odd.

I haven't gotten my 5 dollar coupon email yet for February. Oh. I see it's buried on the bottom of my account's page, although it says in-store only. OK then.

Odd.
It has said in-store only, on the website, for as long as I can remember.

I've had 100 in psn credit redeemed on a previous breach. Logged in and changed my password just in case.
My account was stolen a while ago. Someone bought 500 bucks worth of Google cards with Rewards points on my account. I don't even know how it got into the minus points, but I had like negative 120,000 points. I had to get someone to fix it for me. It was crazy.

Well, went to take advantage of the 60% boost. Turned like $60 bucks of clearance games into $180, so not bad. I'm set to get Tears of the Kingdom and whatever else comes out in the spring/summer I might want. 

Now to watch my points to see if they have a subtraction. Hope not, don't relish the idea of having to deal with CS to fix.

I checked some pawn shops looking for Wii Fit U. No luck, but they did have a pile of games for $2 each. Nothing I actually wanted but I flipped three games for twenty bucks.

oh hey what's going on in this thread

F8D1hwt.jpg

Just to clarify - Store manager told me $5 xbox codes are still active in the system. I was about to blow my coupon on some dinky Sonic figure but he gave me this info just as he was finishing the transaction. He ended up returning the Sonic and applying the "credit" to a $5 xbox code.

tl;dr - Xbox $5 code still exists but not sure if $5 monthly coupon can be applied towards it due to the way I got it.

oh hey what's going on in this thread

Just to clarify - Store manager told me $5 xbox codes are still active in the system. I was about to blow my coupon on some dinky Sonic figure but he gave me this info just as he was finishing the transaction. He ended up returning the Sonic and applying the "credit" to a $5 xbox code.

tl;dr - Xbox $5 code still exists but not sure if $5 monthly coupon can be applied towards it due to the way I got it.
yeah, the xbox codes are all still available for purchase. The employee I had tried a $5, $6, $7, $8 and $9 xbox code but none of them worked with redeeming the $5 monthly towards it. Only the $10 code worked with the coupon.

Double dipping on digital currency is dead. Just tried as well. Works online on physical products, but not PSN or eShop credit. RIP.
Great, maybe we can finally move on from talking about it.

Seriously though, I'm not worrying about this until it still doesn't work on digital currency 3 weeks from now. We're barely into the new month.

Not worried. I never double dip that early. I’ll try it out when I pick up wanted dead then try to buy psn online on that date

Great, maybe we can finally move on from talking about it.

Seriously though, I'm not worrying about this until it still doesn't work on digital currency 3 weeks from now. We're barely into the new month.
I mean for all we know they turned it off because of the hack or whatever happened a couple days ago.

F the $5 coupon. Y'all got a 60% boost but focused on $5 bucks.

Just get a $10 coupon I know blew y'all's mind.
bro tell me about it! I work 60 hours a week I couldn’t make into GameStop this week to trade in some games [emoji853]. the $5 coupon was never worth my time and gas anyways. I always just used it online for a $10 psn card I never had time to go into the store and double dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked some pawn shops looking for Wii Fit U. No luck, but they did have a pile of games for $2 each. Nothing I actually wanted but I flipped three games for twenty bucks.
I traded in one copy, one manage wouldn’t even look it up said GameStop doesn’t take Wii U games, it was kind of a pain in the behind to trade it in. Thankfully I traded in an XSX before they tanked the value the next day of their promotion. But stores near me have virtually no stock of games or accessories, is this the case with everyone’s store?

Do they no longer add tracking information to the orders page when viewing your Gamestop account?  I bought a phone with a case and the case arrived, but the combined order on the Gamestop orders page still says "In Process" as if none of it has shipped.

Do they no longer add tracking information to the orders page when viewing your Gamestop account? I bought a phone with a case and the case arrived, but the combined order on the Gamestop orders page still says "In Process" as if none of it has shipped.
Just the latest "feature" from Gamestop.

Do they no longer add tracking information to the orders page when viewing your Gamestop account? I bought a phone with a case and the case arrived, but the combined order on the Gamestop orders page still says "In Process" as if none of it has shipped.
Their site is borked for the last few months. Doesn't tell you when something has shipped on occasion even.

You're lucky you can check your order as it is since my last orders don't have a confirmation email and don't appear on the website. so the only proof I made them was on my card.

bread's done
Back