The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
So maybe someday my phone will show up, but until then...
I have an order from last Saturday in similar situation. USPS informed delivery shows 3 packages from gamestop, one has delivered so far. 2 others are stuck in Texas, I'm guessing due to the weather they've had there. Status hasn't updated on order and no shipping emails.

Another fun thing I've seen over the past couple days is inventory going in and out of stock for a lot of items several times throughout the day randomly. Fun times.

Are other people seeing this at gamestop online: https://imgur.com/B70O4zT

Pro $5 Monthly Reward - Get $5 Off One Item Pro members get $5 off a single physical item valued at $5.01 or more. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Coupon is required at time of purchase. Coupon must be surrendered at time of purchase. Limit one per customer. No substitutions will be made. See sales associate for complete details.

That message definitely makes me think the inability to use the reward online for digital items is purposeful this time. It wasn’t there yesterday.  So someone had to code it in.  Maybe they will keep allowing it in store for a while but I don’t know if I would count on it in making the decision to renew or not.  

The 50% trade-in bonus didn't continue this week despite the monthlong date someone else posted. Unless there was something wrong with their system when I tried to trade in store an hour ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in one copy, one manage wouldn’t even look it up said GameStop doesn’t take Wii U games, it was kind of a pain in the behind to trade it in. Thankfully I traded in an XSX before they tanked the value the next day of their promotion. But stores near me have virtually no stock of games or accessories, is this the case with everyone’s store?
The stores near me were wiped out from the holidays, still pretty much the case for whatever reason.

The 50% trade-in bonus didn't continue this week despite the monthlong date someone else posted. Unless there was something wrong with their system when I tried to trade in store an hour ago.
Pretty sure the date was right there on their site. I had 3 games left over I tried to trade in yesterday but their internet was out or something. I didn't go to another one because I thought I had a month left to do it.

I haven't seen wario post about those in a while.
No I mean the little $5-7 blind bags similar to lego minifigs. I really wish they had lego minifigs.

Random: Best Buy doesn't give points for apple products? Had no idea. I thought I'd squeeze in some points before they removed the program. Man fuck Best Buy.

Great timing on that 50% bonus and glad I was able to make it yesterday just before my GS closed. I got a bunch of games from the 4 under $20 for $40 sale, and 3 arrived as disc only and 1 was in really bad shape- I was able to trade those 4 games back in for $39. Way more than they were worth to me or selling via eBay. 

Anyone able to pre order Wo long steelbook edition instore? I’ll probably just pre order somewhere else. Bestbuy probably won’t restock

Anyone able to pre order Wo long steelbook edition instore? I’ll probably just pre order somewhere else. Bestbuy probably won’t restock

I'm having a hard time pre-ordering this as well, ill call my store tomorrow and see what they have to say. I could just play this on gamepass but I really like playing these titles on the playstation.

Is it only me getting this message when I try to view my cart? I do have a bunch in my cart almost 30 items

For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. Please contact customer service at 1-800-883-8895 for assistance.

Is it only me getting this message when I try to view my cart? I do have a bunch in my cart almost 30 items

For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. Please contact customer service at 1-800-883-8895 for assistance.
Working fine on my end. It's possible you had something in your cart that is now disabled or got messed up. Something you could try is logout, add something to your cart and then login. That might force a new cart. Otherwise maybe clear cookies or try incognito/private browsing. i have to clear site data fairly often just to login to my account.

So its free shipping on orders $59 or more but if you use the $5 reward on an 59.99 pre-order, it charges you for shipping. What bs! Any work around for this??

Like can i preorder another game with it, than cancel that pre-order and keep free shipping?

They used to around me for major releases. It has been a very long time though.
I went to a few during the PS3 days. Even toys r us did them back then. I remember getting $20 in toys r us bucks, and a t-shirt for picking up black ops. Great times. You could just roll their bucks over and over. And they worked immediately if you wanted to buy more then 1 copy.

They used to around me for major releases. It has been a very long time though.
I know they did like a 5am or so release for the Halo Xbox Series X. Last item I remember.

I went to a few during the PS3 days. Even toys r us did them back then. I remember getting $20 in toys r us bucks, and a t-shirt for picking up black ops. Great times. You could just roll their bucks over and over. And they worked immediately if you wanted to buy more then 1 copy.
Haha I loved the good old Kmart days, I remember getting $35 or so when you bought a Mountain Dew 12 pack, bag of Doritos, and the new Call of Duty. The trade in value was high at Best Buy and I was in college, just did this over and over to roll the Kmart coupons into the purchase I felt like a bandit.

Has anyone done a digital code redemption with the $5 reward the past few days?  I did mine on the 3rd and it was working in store, but haven't heard much since then

Has anyone done a digital code redemption with the $5 reward the past few days? I did mine on the 3rd and it was working in store, but haven't heard much since then
On another forum I frequent, someone tried it yesterday and it still worked in-store on a $10 gift card.

Has anyone done a digital code redemption with the $5 reward the past few days? I did mine on the 3rd and it was working in store, but haven't heard much since then
I used my $5 off coupon in store at GameStop on Saturday on a $10 Xbox code (printed on receipt) and it worked without issue

Wow! Got my first GameStop email since January 2022 when I unsubscribed and then tried to resubscribed without luck. If I can't buy digital currency online, I'm not renewing my Pro this July. I'm 100% digital now.

Can you use the $5 coupon on preorders? TOTK is apparently going to be $70 according to an eShop listing and I want to get ahead of that while everyone else still has it priced at $60.

EDIT: Well online preorders are halted so...

Working fine on my end. It's possible you had something in your cart that is now disabled or got messed up. Something you could try is logout, add something to your cart and then login. That might force a new cart. Otherwise maybe clear cookies or try incognito/private browsing. i have to clear site data fairly often just to login to my account.
Thank you. That worked. The only solution was sign out, add something to cart then sign in. Everything was deleted once again. That’s why I’ve had 30 things in my cart since one in a while GameStop would delete all my saved for later items. Ugh

What are the odds GS honors existing Zelda preorders at the $60 price?
Online preorders: Guaranteed unless they cancel them for whatever reason.

In-store preorders: Zero chance because you pay the MSRP at pickup, so if you had fully paid it off at $60+tax before, you'll be expected to pay the additional $10+tax at pickup.

online GS would likely just cancel them all as a listing error and put it back up at a later time at regular price

What are the odds GS honors existing Zelda preorders at the $60 price?
I just went in store to preorder and it was still ringing 60. I asked the guy working and he said GS did it before at manager discretion when they price hiked the last Pokemon set. So it'll be ymmv I guess. Worth preordering yo at least try and see if they do.

Is it sad I just remembered I have Game Informer magazine, but haven't actually pulled up an issue in months? Ever since I went digital with it, completely forgot it existed. Now that coupons are becoming harder to use, this will be my last year subbing heh.

bread's done
Back