The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Got a $59 ToTK physical preorder in... 

just wondering if I should instead do the 2 game vouchers for $100 eshop deal and get ToTK digitally minute 1 day 1, and something else down the road...

hmmm

decisions. 

Just in case I'm missing something - is there a way to search what is available at a certain Gamestop store via the app or website?  Trying to find something to double dip on and the hassle of having to look up to see if something is in stock is quite frustrating

Can you use the $5 coupon on preorders? TOTK is apparently going to be $70 according to an eShop listing and I want to get ahead of that while everyone else still has it priced at $60.

EDIT: Well online preorders are halted so...
You can only use it when you pick up the game, not when you place the preorder

I just found out points can just expire. Just like that even though I recently made a purchase last month. All of my points are just gone. My rewards history just says "natural expiration".

Does gamestop charge full amount on preorder or when it ships? 

Paid with my GS card of trade credit for the $59.99 regular physical Tears of the kingdom preorder yesterday online and my balance surprised me that it was as if only a portion of that was taken out when I went in store to preorder Metroid Prime Remastered 

They dont even take $5 out or anything? 

if the trade balance is less, they just the default payment for the remainder balance? 

I think I have enough, but barely and will have to stop using the trade card 

They dont even take $5 out or anything?

if the trade balance is less, they just the default payment for the remainder balance?

I think I have enough, but barely and will have to stop using the trade card
They don’t default to the other payment, you probably would get the order canceled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they taking orders in store? Already soldout online.
Called my store. Not yet, but said they might not get them for instore preorder. Can preorder amiibo and metroid instore though. Metroid requires $10 and amiibo requires $5. Said the amiibo is listed weird and shows 999.99 in system.

Weird my account only has an instore version of the $5 monthly coupon. I have no way to use it online.

Put a game in my cart to test and even tried pasting the code into the promo box just to double check and it won't work. Anyone else have this situation?

Yeah, the web store on my phone doesn't say anything about the coupon.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if GS is getting rid of using it online entirely.

Nerfed for me too. LAME! Doesn't work of anything digital but does on physical.

[attachment=37764:Screenshot 2023-02-09 131500.png]

Weird my account only has an instore version of the $5 monthly coupon. I have no way to use it online.

Put a game in my cart to test and even tried pasting the code into the promo box just to double check and it won't work. Anyone else have this situation?
Is it a preorder? It is working for me when I have a blind bag clip in my cart for in store pickup. Works on released games too.

Same for me. RIP Double Dip. I'm hoping it at least works on digital gift cards in store still or I'm REALLY going to regret renewing two accounts a few weeks ago.
Did you renew any online using Paypal? File a claim, saying Gamestop changed the service you signed up for and upload screenshots showing the coupon not working. I remember doing this when they took away the 10% discount and my account was still in the 6 month Paypal purchase window. Gamestop didn't reply and I got my money back. Gamestop never downgraded my account or banned my Paypal from their site either.

I have no reason to renew if the coupon only works in store. I mostly use it to buy digital currency online, only used it on a physical item like once..

Yeah If this holds up and you can only use it in store, on a $10 digital item I definitely won’t be renewing my multiple accounts. I’ll probably just keep my main one.

Does anyone know if GameStop will take in consoles that are having problems? 

My Xbox Series X has decided to start displaying graphical glitches in games that makes it seem like (at least) one of it's RAM chips has gone bad. =(  I checked Microsoft and it's $299 for them to repair it!  I know in the past that they've taken in `broken-ish' systems and just charged a refurb fee (say $50 or so).  Overall that would be quicker and cheaper than either sending it to Microsoft or selling it on eBay as broken. =(

Anyone know if Hogwarts legacy is guaranteed to love? I’m guessing it’s not. My local store said Zelda tears CE was not available today for in-store preorder.

Anyone know if Hogwarts legacy is guaranteed to love? I’m guessing it’s not. My local store said Zelda tears CE was not available today for in-store preorder.
I think the gauranteed to love promo is over. Hogwarts is not part of it, saw a thread on gamestop reddit.

Is it a preorder? It is working for me when I have a blind bag clip in my cart for in store pickup. Works on released games too.
Nope was not a preorder, the coupon is labeled instore. I thought maybe it was a glitch. So I tried to use it online regardless. They have removed online use completely for my coupon.

I'll see what happens next month, but not feeling very optimistic.

How many days after release do Gamestop preorders usually arrive? I ordered Hogwarts a few days ago and I got shipping confirmation emails but there's no tracking info at all.

How many days after release do Gamestop preorders usually arrive? I ordered Hogwarts a few days ago and I got shipping confirmation emails but there's no tracking info at all.
I've had several packages ship then arrive with the order never updating on the website with tracking info, so I'd sit tight for another day or two.

Does anyone know if GameStop will take in consoles that are having problems?

My Xbox Series X has decided to start displaying graphical glitches in games that makes it seem like (at least) one of it's RAM chips has gone bad. =( I checked Microsoft and it's $299 for them to repair it! I know in the past that they've taken in `broken-ish' systems and just charged a refurb fee (say $50 or so). Overall that would be quicker and cheaper than either sending it to Microsoft or selling it on eBay as broken. =(
Last time I went to trade in a console (was a 360, they wanted to charge me $70 to take it in minus the trade value (formatting) so I said no thanks and walked away..think its still in my basement...

$5 code worked last night on a digital code in store ($10 PSN). Double dip works fine too, save for not working on digital currency online.

I had the $5 code applied to my cart with a $10 xbox gift card. The code got removed and I couldn't double dip cause of that. 

You may or may not get it. My fire emblem engage divine edition never arrived and it took 3 weeks to finally get a refund from them

bread's done
Back