The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
My store wasn’t doing pre orders lol
I just bought metroid off the Nintendo store an hour ago and got some random Nintendo stuff like a towel and bag
L life 😎

Last edited by a moderator:
My store didn’t get Metroid, picked up a copy at Walmart, I’m either going to cancel my pre order or pick it up when they get it and return it to Walmart since I have GS credit. The game is sick, could never play it before due to controls.

My store didn’t get Metroid, picked up a copy at Walmart, I’m either going to cancel my pre order or pick it up when they get it and return it to Walmart since I have GS credit. The game is sick, could never play it before due to controls.
it was on the gamecube too

Anyone have their online order for Metroid ship? 

EDIT* From Gamestop, I mean. 

Anyone know if the 20% extra trade in bonus is still working for the new Kirby game? or is it working for any other games that have not come out yet?

Last I saw this was mentioned was a few days ago, so not sure if anything changed since then.
Forgot to mention this earlier: While in a store on Tuesday, I saw a taped-to-the-shelf promo paper advertising a 20% bonus for trades towards Hogwarts Legacy, Kirby Return to Dream Land Deluxe, or Octopath Traveler II through 3/4.

I haven’t been in this thread in a little while…

Did GameStop block or stop the $5 pro coupon from being used on PSN credit?? As I’ve always done, I just bought a $10 digital card and paid $5. Now at checkout it is saying:

“PowerUp Monthly Reward
The item in your cart doesn't qualify for your available discounts
Pro $5 Monthly Reward”

I haven’t been in this thread in a little while…

Did GameStop block or stop the $5 pro coupon from being used on PSN credit?? As I’ve always done, I just bought a $10 digital card and paid $5. Now at checkout it is saying:

“PowerUp Monthly Reward
The item in your cart doesn't qualify for your available discounts
Pro $5 Monthly Reward”
It'll only work for PSN credit in store, currently online doesn't work for digital anything.

GameStop actually called me to remind me about Kirby tomorrow.  Also said that they put a poster aside for me so at least I don’t have to worry about that unlike those Fire Emblem tarot cards.  

Guess I should've pre-ordered Metroid. I wasn't expecting it to be sold out literally everywhere. Since when was this series so popular?

i think its the FOMO that getting ppl. its Nintendo. no need to worry. im sure they will release more copies soon.
Exactly. Since there weren’t any leaks, the turnaround from announcement to store shelves was very tight time wise. It’s expected that delivery wouldn’t make it, regular stuff gets shipment delays all the time now.

It’s FOMO and such but it also seems most stores aren’t getting a ton of copies if at all
Prob being made worse by scalpers trying to capitalize on it. Buddy works at Walmart, he said someone came in and bought out all the copies they had.

Wish my copy from GS would show a tracking... just got a shipping notice but no tracking and UPS/FedEx aren't showing any packages coming my way.

yeah 0 risk since they can return everything
How much could you possibly make on each game though? $10. Seems like a waste of time.

—-

Can anyone tell me what NFS unbound series x trades in for?

I really wish Amazon still had their trade in program.

How much could you possibly make on each game though? $10. Seems like a waste of time.

—-

Can anyone tell me what NFS unbound series x trades in for?

I really wish Amazon still had their trade in program.
Well going by how much I made $45-50 profit each locally. Also used some as trades.

Points seem to be messed up for me again, short over 10,000 this last month, seems like every few months I have to call and get it adjusted I’ve been keeping every receipt after this happened last time.

I just renewed my Pro membership today (02/24) but didn’t see the $5 monthly coupon on my online account. Can I go physically in store to use the $5 coupon for FEB or do I have to wait til MARCH for it to begin.

I just renewed my Pro membership today (02/24) but didn’t see the $5 monthly coupon on my online account. Can I go physically in store to use the $5 coupon for FEB or do I have to wait til MARCH for it to begin.
you dont get first coupon until following month. you get 5k points for renewing this month.

Anyone have their Zelda CE canceled if you got it online from GS? Saw a post about someone saying they did
That seems very unlikely this far out unless the person's bank reversed the payment or something. Very anecdotal and doesn't make much sense. Mine is still perfectly fine and I even got a regular edition at $59.99 before they changed the price.

Went to a local gamestop yesterday to pick up kirby. There was a mom and her 2 kids in there buying a ps5. The cashier was telling them "Its corporate policy to add insurance to all ps5s now" and he said they "have to sell pro memebership to get your details for the insurance" I literally stepped outside and called the store down the street to ask if something that stupid was true. She came to the phone after a min and said which store are you at? Oh, theyre notorious for trying to swing that stuff on customers. I told the lady as she came out that it was bs and where the district managers office was. I know everyone gripes about the opened new games....thats never really bothered me but this ....was crappy.

Went to a local gamestop yesterday to pick up kirby. There was a mom and her 2 kids in there buying a ps5. The cashier was telling them "Its corporate policy to add insurance to all ps5s now" and he said they "have to sell pro memebership to get your details for the insurance" I literally stepped outside and called the store down the street to ask if something that stupid was true. She came to the phone after a min and said which store are you at? Oh, theyre notorious for trying to swing that stuff on customers. I told the lady as she came out that it was bs and where the district managers office was. I know everyone gripes about the opened new games....thats never really bothered me but this ....was crappy.
I went to get Octopath 2 yesterday and the cashier was like “you have your 5 dollar coupon so that gets you a free insurance on the game” and he proceeded to add the insurance to my Octopath 2 on the Switch. I literally couldn’t say “take that off” any faster. I hate crap like that.

bread's done
Back