The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
The double dip was a nice ride while it lasted. A lot less practical now with the current limitations, at least was able to rack up a ton of eshop and steam credit this past 1-2 years.  

Haven't even read any of my digital Game Informer mags from the past few years and even though I renewed my Pro membership, it says my account is expired through the app. Anyone know how I can get it fixed and if there's anyway I can download issues from the past few years?

With Funko Pop burying $30 million dollars worth of merchandise, I hope GameStop stops selling them or sells less. Ever since these little garbage things came out, the shelves at GameStop have been littered with them taking shelf space for games and other cooler collectibles.

With Funko Pop burying $30 million dollars worth of merchandise, I hope GameStop stops selling them or sells less. Ever since these little garbage things came out, the shelves at GameStop have been littered with them taking shelf space for games and other cooler collectibles.
They’ve moved on to squishmallows.

I wish I could delete every mention of the $5 monthly in this thread. Maybe Find something it works on or fuck off.

DIgital = No

Concurrent Promo on the product page = No

20% bonus on controllers, $52 after bonus for a switch pro controller, that’s the highest I’ve ever seen it.
This assumes that people have the extra 10% for being a pro member. I can't find anything on the website about this. Is the 20% bonus toward a pre-order of a game?

This assumes that people have the extra 10% for being a pro member. I can't find anything on the website about this. Is the 20% bonus toward a pre-order of a game?
On the main trade page, extra 20% on controllers, not towards a game just a general bonus. Indeed if you don’t have pro it’s $48 vs $52.80. I find pro worth the extra 10%.

callisto for 35 after 5 dollar monthly for store pickup. a store near you should have one so that you can place an order for pickup so that you dont have to order over 60 or waste the monthly on shipping fee.

Indeed I traded a few Xbox controllers and joy cons yesterday it seems their system has dropped every controller trade value, this happened too with the console bonus they just had, I bought a few Dualsense Edge and will work on getting a lot of my trade credit used this month.

The PlayStation Store gift cards are only good for digital games or can it be used for PS5 and VR 2 hardware on the PlayStation website? Noticed they seem to separate games from hardware on their website so if I did redeem a $5 coupon towards a $10 Playstation gift card, will it be credited towards hardware too on their website?

The PlayStation Store gift cards are only good for digital games or can it be used for PS5 and VR 2 hardware on the PlayStation website? Noticed they seem to separate games from hardware on their website so if I did redeem a $5 coupon towards a $10 Playstation gift card, will it be credited towards hardware too on their website?
No, Playstation Store GCs can't be used to buy hardware.

Only digital games, not hardware.

Lmao I wanted to pre order instore but ended up ordering online. I learned my lesson pre ordering instore at gs lately. They didn’t even have Wo long pre orders instore

First the stupid change where even if you order something with a pre-order bonus online you have to get it in store (Which the stores did not have enough for like with Fire Emblem's Tarot Cards), and now this. Kind of losing any reason to even pre-order or buy new games at Gamestop anymore compared to other retailers outside of using trade credit.

First the stupid change where even if you order something with a pre-order bonus online you have to get it in store (Which the stores did not have enough for like with Fire Emblem's Tarot Cards), and now this. Kind of losing any reason to even pre-order or buy new games at Gamestop anymore compared to other retailers outside of using trade credit.
Lol I mainly only pre order from them when they got an exclusive bonus and to use my trade credit. GameStop gotta step it up

Decided to get 35% off upgrade to premium plus, now will trade in Horizon West and Ghost of tshuima to GS for some credit. any good trade deals going on?

bread's done
Back