The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Supposedly 25% trade bonus towards a PS5 and 10% off preowned were the only notable things I saw on the Pro week list. 

So extra 10% trade ins so a total of 20% and stack it with a preorder of RE4, should get 40% total right?

the extra 10% from pro day isn't going to stack with different promos. will be either or
Last Pro week during December gave 40% combined. In the past they hadn’t stacked.

Trades were getting 50+10% the week before, so I don’t have many trades from that pro week.

I don't know what's going on with the site, but I think 10% off used is back with pro membership. I'm also seeing quite a few price drops in general.

Wow Gamestop sucks. I added RE4 and Diablo 4 to my cart for the discount and then applied my monthly coupon and it stacks but they try to add a $8 shipping fee because it brings one of the games to under $54.99. I guess spending $115 isn't good enough for them if the 2 games ship separately. 

A little confused as to what the in store clearance prices will be for some games. I don’t think the 40% extra off clearance is displaying online, or am I missing it? Trying to pick up a copy of ‘The cruel king storybook edition’ for ps4 and the price displayed online is 19.98, would the in-store price be 40% off that ?

A little confused as to what the in store clearance prices will be for some games. I don’t think the 40% extra off clearance is displaying online, or am I missing it? Trying to pick up a copy of ‘The cruel king storybook edition’ for ps4 and the price displayed online is 19.98, would the in-store price be 40% off that ?
Online prices already have the 40% discount clearance prices shown.

For many titles I’ve searched for, only the “new” copies are on clearance and prices show the 40% off while the used are the usual 10%. I went to a couple stores because online search is lame, and clearance games are marked with yellow price tag.

It's so stupid that we're unable to use our $5 PRO coupon to stack it with the 10% off for pre-owned games for being a pro member. What's even the point of being a pro member when there are so many restrictions to this coupon?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's confirmed, $420 trade in for a PS5 is tempting. My controller's down d-pad randomly stopped working, got it fixed for the moment, so to be able to only pay $10 more for a whole console over a controller is almost too good to pass up.

If it's confirmed, $420 trade in for a PS5 is tempting. My controller's down d-pad randomly stopped working, got it fixed for the moment, so to be able to only pay $10 more for a whole console over a controller is almost too good to pass up.
make sure controller is ok before trading it in cause they might slap you with refurb fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the game has to much replay value for me to even think about trading it in.

I hear ya. I have limited gaming time that is going to be taken up for awhile by RE 4, Diablo 4, Horizon DLC, and Zelda.

I figured that since it was just $49 on psn, that the retail price may come down by the time I’m finished if/when I have the itch.

Is the current PS5 model a downgrade from the launch model? My launch has no issues and runs silent but this is to hard to pass up if I can get new unit.

make sure controller is ok before trading it in cause they might slap you with refurb fee.

I used the game tester website and everything checks out on it, I took it apart and just cleaned the dust out of it and it started working again but I'm thinking about not taking the risk of having to eventually breakdown and buy a new controller and just get a brand new warranty on both the console and controller.

Is the current PS5 model a downgrade from the launch model? My launch has no issues and runs silent but this is to hard to pass up if I can get new unit.
I can't imagine it's a downgrade, I'm just looking to make sure I can get a new controller and warranty on each of them. I do know they've done some revisions on the newer ones, but no clue about if anything has actually changed. I've got a launch model as well, and $80 is almost worth it just for a new warranty, nevermind me possibly needing a new controller.

So I know that the $5 monthly doesn't work online with clearance items, but is that also true for any rewards certificate you redeem? I have a cart with some clearance items in it, and I'm unable to apply a $15 certificate. This is so annoying.
Anyone? I called support, and the agent said it should work -- try again in a couple hours. Of course, it didn't work. I called back, and the agent referred me to the part in the T&C about the $5 coupon not working with clearance items. I pointed out that the $5 monthly cert is different from redeemed rewards certs. They said it's the same. Wtf?

I used the game tester website and everything checks out on it, I took it apart and just cleaned the dust out of it and it started working again but I'm thinking about not taking the risk of having to eventually breakdown and buy a new controller and just get a brand new warranty on both the console and controller.

I can't imagine it's a downgrade, I'm just looking to make sure I can get a new controller and warranty on each of them. I do know they've done some revisions on the newer ones, but no clue about if anything has actually changed. I've got a launch model as well, and $80 is almost worth it just for a new warranty, nevermind me possibly needing a new controller.
not a downgrade, newer 1200 uses less power, and the warranty alone is worth it. Sony refused to fix an out of warranty PS5 for me, not sure if this was a chip shortage issue, but I paid for an out of warranty repair and they just sent back the old console with a note could not repair, and refunded me.

Anyone? I called support, and the agent said it should work -- try again in a couple hours. Of course, it didn't work. I called back, and the agent referred me to the part in the T&C about the $5 coupon not working with clearance items. I pointed out that the $5 monthly cert is different from redeemed rewards certs. They said it's the same. Wtf?
It sounds like you have your answer.

Online, don't expect discounts to stack. This is especially true when a discount or promotion is applied across a class of items, e.g. clearance.

The $5 coupon cancels the clearance discount online. I have tried to get it to work two months in a row with no success. So, it's either or.

bread's done
Back