The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Mine came in great condition shipping wise. I open the RE4 box and there was a damn GameStop round stickers on the plastic attached to the box. Removed it slowly and left an awesome mark. Another round sticker on the left side of the lid too. Wish the game came with a slipcover like the ones from other regions

Everyone got their RE4 SE preorders delivered already? I got an email saying mine shipped out yesterday (PS4 version) but no tracking number/carrier service has been generated yet. GameStop gonna GameStop, I guess

Mine came in great condition shipping wise. I open the RE4 box and there was a damn GameStop round stickers on the plastic attached to the box. Removed it slowly and left an awesome mark. Another round sticker on the left side of the lid too. Wish the game came with a slipcover like the ones from other regions
use a hair dryer to remove stickers

Everyone got their RE4 SE preorders delivered already? I got an email saying mine shipped out yesterday (PS4 version) but no tracking number/carrier service has been generated yet. GameStop gonna GameStop, I guess
Give it another day or two--Gamestop is lazy in updating order histories with tracking information and I've gotten plenty of packages that never had any tracking data on their orders.

Give it another day or two--Gamestop is lazy in updating order histories with tracking information and I've gotten plenty of packages that never had any tracking data on their orders.
Gamestop doesnt update anything its supposed to be automatic when its scanned and such from the delivery places... its just a broken ass systerm like everything else with GS

Traded in my PS5 and 2 games for $497. Gonna get a Series X as soon as GS gets one in stock. I like the idea of being able to share my Game Pass sub across PC and Xbox and I haven't really enjoyed Sony's exclusives this gen aside from Demons Souls.

I preordered RE4 with the buy 2g1 glitch from target. They sent me 3 different pre order codes, are they for the same content or unique? If it’s the same, I’ll have 2 to give away 

Just got back from Gamestop with successful tradeins thanks to you guys. Signed up for pro to get this weeks 20% bonus . Put $5 down for MLB (i asked if zelda gave the bonus they said no) which triggered the extra 20% bonus (they asked me how much i want to put towards it I said just 5). Ended up getting $200 in credit from some ps4 and xbox one games I picked up a while ago at a garage sale for $25. The pro and preorder down payment was taken off the credit so no money out of pocket. The rest they gave me on a giftcard. Will cancel the $5 preorder.

this will pay for my Zelda Tears , FF16 , & RE4. Damn good deal. Thanks guys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What glitch was this? I missed out. I will take one for sure if they are unique.
It's not a glitch, it's the way Target's system works. Anything that is a BOGO, it takes the discount off across all things ordered that qualify. So if you Have a B2G1 free, it takes the whole cost of the free thing off over all items. If you have three items that cost 60, it then takes 20 (or 33%) off of each. You then cancel 2 of the 3 (or return them later) and keep the discount on the third

Lmao target doesn’t usually give me pre order bonus codes for games I got through b2g1 deals but it’s been starting to happen lately. Got an email from target for re4 pre order bonus. Didn’t even know it had a pre order bonus. Wondering if GameStop would give out a pre order bonus as well

Lmao target doesn’t usually give me pre order bonus codes for games I got through b2g1 deals but it’s been starting to happen lately. Got an email from target for re4 pre order bonus. Didn’t even know it had a pre order bonus. Wondering if GameStop would give out a pre order bonus as well
They did--my receipt has the code on it for the preordered copy I picked up today.

Any idea if rakuten gives cash back on new controllers from GameStop? Says it excludes “new consoles and hardware” but includes “gaming accessories”

what games get the bonus and do you have to put the full amount down?
No I just put $5 down and it worked. Confirmed games that worked from this thread: Resident Evil 4

MLB 23 (out 3/28)

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor (out 4/28)

Not sure if RE4 would still work since its not a preorder anymore.

Can anyone confirm 30% bonus for Xbox SX ($227) with pro bump, pro week bonus, and pre-order?

At this value, may have to trade in for a psvr when it finally avails at gsnestop.

Just to understand, if a game trades for $10, and you preorder those games as a pro, you would get
20% preorder
20% pro week
10% pur
For a total of $15
Is that accurate?

Just to understand, if a game trades for $10, and you preorder those games as a pro, you would get
20% preorder
20% pro week
10% pur
For a total of $15
Is that accurate?
No, the Pro week bonus (which ends today) is only 10%, so you'd get a total of $14 in that scenario.

Good looks on the joy cons. $32 for each is great.

Anybody trade in a standard PS4 controller this week that can share the value on it?

Any idea if rakuten gives cash back on new controllers from GameStop? Says it excludes “new consoles and hardware” but includes “gaming accessories”
Wondering the same thing. Did you make the purchase? Rakuten is currently offering 12% cashback on Gamestop purchases made through their app.

I'd like to double dip with Rakuten being this high but finding used games actually in stock that I want around me for under $20 is just not worth the effort. 

looks like most stores near me have been allocated between 5 and 14 Zelda consoles - supposedly they are up for in-store reservation around 4pm EST if you're not doing anything like being stuck at work. 

We'll see how the website pre-orders work...  :oldman:

looks like most stores near me have been allocated between 5 and 14 Zelda consoles - supposedly they are up for in-store reservation around 4pm EST if you're not doing anything like being stuck at work.

We'll see how the website pre-orders work... :oldman:
I work 60 hours a week. I’m a trucker . What am I suppose to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zelda controller up. Edit: gone. Up about 5 minutes at Best Buy and 20 minutes at GameStop. Harder to get than the console.

bread's done
Back