The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Pre-orders for the Zelda Switch are in-store only.
Now I have to decide to go with the target red card discount or use my credit I got for trading in a series x last week.

Anyone try to order a Collectors Edition in store? Now would be the time to give the stores a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
My store tried to take my preorder over the phone but they could not complete the transaction. Supposedly another store was unable to process it as well.

Actually, I just got a call back from them and they said the workaround is apparently to put a $50 deposit down on the game and then move it over to the system later on - they're expecting the issue to be fixed within a few hours.

Thankfully this employee knows me and they're willing to keep checking on the status in order to get one secured for me; not sure if that's the case in general.

Now I have to decide to go with the target red card discount or use my credit I got for trading in a series x last week.

Anyone try to order a Collectors Edition in store? Now would be the time to give the stores a few.
The Nintendo rep came to my GameStop and when the employee asked about the CE he said even he was unable to secure one. So Nintendo isn’t even taking care of their own.

I don't like them but I also didn't like the Skyward Sword ones. The hori d-pad looks better to me:

attachicon.gif
Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 5.30.56 PM.png
personally I am fond of the skyward sword ones :D

I was able to get a pre-order in at my home store. When I called the associate said that pre-orders had just gone live and the sooner I could get there the better. That was about an hour before I went over there.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I pre-ordered the case as well.

Went to a GameStop yesterday to use my monthly $5 on a $10 eShop Card and found multiple used games that the website said they didn't have. Guy told me that if there is only one in stock, the website doesn't show it. All of them had cases too. I wanted the eShop code more though. I actually could have gotten a card too since they had them in stock.

Went to a GameStop yesterday to use my monthly $5 on a $10 eShop Card and found multiple used games that the website said they didn't have. Guy told me that if there is only one in stock, the website doesn't show it. All of them had cases too. I wanted the eShop code more though. I actually could have gotten a card too since they had them in stock.
If you're on the app, you can search and filter by store and see what they have. If you click and try to order pickup, it'll say out of stock. Maybe you can try to do the search in your store and see if it shows the games you found.

FYI for anyone trading in their physical copies of games announced for PlayStation Plus, Tails of Iron (PS5) trades in for $6. The GameStop website did not show any value for the game.

I was able to trade in the last few months of games brought out on Plus (Battlefield 2042, Back4Blood, Sackboy, Mafia) and get a decent amount with the Star Wars Jedi Survivor boost.

FYI for anyone trading in their physical copies of games announced for PlayStation Plus, Tails of Iron (PS5) trades in for $6. The GameStop website did not show any value for the game.

I was able to trade in the last few months of games brought out on Plus (Battlefield 2042, Back4Blood, Sackboy, Mafia) and get a decent amount with the Star Wars Jedi Survivor boost.
I forgot to grab BF2042 with PS+ essential. Ends 4/4

Thanks

20% boost on controllers still going? A sign at my store said 4-1 is the last day, but I'd like assurance...
seems to be, I do imagine it will be over tomorrow. Got a few old joy cons traded in and got some of the Dualsense edge and a few Xbox elite controllers. I’ve learned to save items for trading when there is a decent bonus.

Can you use the monthly $5 toward your Pro renewal?

edit: you can’t.  So I picked up a $10 eshop and a code for flying lechonk.  

If you're on the app, you can search and filter by store and see what they have. If you click and try to order pickup, it'll say out of stock. Maybe you can try to do the search in your store and see if it shows the games you found.
Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded the app and can't figure out how to filter by store when I do a search. How do you do that?

Anyone else's $5 monthly PUR coupon not show up in their account in store? Just curious, if it's just me or everyone else. I always have them scan my PUR card and it always shows up, but not this time. I had to pull up my coupon on my phone for it to work.

Anyone else's $5 monthly PUR coupon not show up in their account in store? Just curious, if it's just me or everyone else. I always have them scan my PUR card and it always shows up, but not this time. I had to pull up my coupon on my phone for it to work.
This sounds like a PEBKAC error, even though they aren't sitting...

We have 5 accounts for our family (everyone has one), and 2 of them had this issue and the others worked fine. For the ones that didn't work, they were able to locate them in the system and pull the coupon that way. However, the physical card and the account number from the app did not work so pulling up the coupon or having them manually look up the account were the only options.

Quantum break leaving game pass and it’s 6.99 at GameStop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up. Got it for $2 after the double dip. My store had 3 in stock and I was "lucky" enough to get the one without any cover art. I really didn't want to bother the employee and ask for a different copy. Hopefully they release a next gen update for it to get the framerate to 60 when they renew the contracts and add it back to Gamepass.

Thanks for the tip. I used my $5 coupon in-store on Spacebase Startopia for Xbox One and online on the Destroy All Humans remake for Xbox One. I paid $3 for Startopia and $5 for Destroy All Humans. Better than Xbox digital and better than nothing.

Debating fire emblem engage, so long, and forspoken. But I know forspoken and wo long will be cheaper than $37 soon so probably not worth it. Might grab some Nintendo first party games.

I’ve spent the most time playing re4 and Wo long this year so far so those are well worth it. Hopefully Star Wars has a lot of content

bread's done
Back