The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
How the hell do a order for pick on GS.com? I can see a local store has two copies of Kirby in stock but only the $10 "deliver it" option is there. 

Lot of games are back to their classic $5 off new prices for used.

Also GS learned their lesson from the sales they used to run by putting a * at the end of the items on sale.

* Hardware cannot be the free item

Free $15 Fandango ticket to the Mario movie when buying select Mario games (pro members)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1644933040140095491

Does anyone who has done this know how long it should take to get your Fandango code? I put in a store pickup order for Donkey Kong a few hours ago, picked it up, and haven't gotten anything.

You probably won't get it from online orders with the site being the piece of shit it is. In store there was a code to scan with a qualifying purchase.

First time in a store in months and they tried to put a refurb fee on every single game I was trading in. None of them had real scratches.

No wonder it was empty. At this point once I get rid of physical games I might just try digital moving forward

First time in a store in months and they tried to put a refurb fee on every single game I was trading in. None of them had real scratches.

No wonder it was empty. At this point once I get rid of physical games I might just try digital moving forward
Yeah when I was buying a game the other day the guy put on a warranty without saying anything. You gotta watch the screen like a hawk when in store.

3 for 3 on complete Switch games, delivered 2 days after ordering, I can’t even remember the last time these 2 things happened from GameStop…

Hey guys part of my B2G1 order got split. It looks like part of the order was delivered today and the other 1 game still hasn't shipped.

The invoice I received doesn't show any pricing on it, oddly. Would they give me any trouble if I were to return these in store?

Hey guys part of my B2G1 order got split. It looks like part of the order was delivered today and the other 1 game still hasn't shipped.

The invoice I received doesn't show any pricing on it, oddly. Would they give me any trouble if I were to return these in store?
Wait another 2-3 days--it's possible the last game is en-route to you and the order just hasn't updated on the site like GS is prone to do.

Wait another 2-3 days--it's possible the last game is en-route to you and the order just hasn't updated on the site like GS is prone to do.
I didn't receive any email confirmation/tracking delivery numbers about the delivery being shipped and on the way in my emails. Did anyone experience the same issue with their GameStop delivery lately?

I didn't receive any email confirmation/tracking delivery numbers about the delivery being shipped and on the way in my emails. Did anyone experience the same issue with their GameStop delivery lately?
Not getting any update is pretty common for gamestop. I've had up to orders ship and get delivered the same day as ordered without any emails including the initial purchase email.

I also did not see prices on my invoice for games I got shipped to me from the B2G1. I'm tempted to go in-store and return one that didn't come with the original case to see what happens.

Yeah when I was buying a game the other day the guy put on a warranty without saying anything. You gotta watch the screen like a hawk when in store.
not GameStop related but I noticed a few phone places like metro and cricket try adding things like the most expensive plan and a “free case” without you knowing. can’t trust nobody nowadays. It’s sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered RE4R ps5 and octopath 2 and Kirby deluxe on switch for the b2g1 the night the sale went live and to my surprise they’re all new sealed copies

A pawn shop near me has a Switch Lite for a hundred bucks, and I'm really tempted to get it for some reason even though I already have an OLED. Would it at least be a decent flip at that price?

A pawn shop near me has a Switch Lite for a hundred bucks, and I'm really tempted to get it for some reason even though I already have an OLED. Would it at least be a decent flip at that price?
I had a Switch Lite for about a year. Hard to recommend at any price now with the worst battery life of any Switch and no OLED screen. If it was $100 refurbished direct from Nintendo, I might buy.

Not getting any update is pretty common for gamestop. I've had up to orders ship and get delivered the same day as ordered without any emails including the initial purchase email.
FWIW, i use usps informed delivery and sometimes you can see the tracking from gamestop packages that are coming if it doesnt get emailed/attached to the order.

Ordered RE4R ps5 and octopath 2 and Kirby deluxe on switch for the b2g1 the night the sale went live and to my surprise they’re all new sealed copies
Funny, I ordered RE4 PS5 and got a sealed copy. My Metroid Dread and Kirby Return to Dreamland are still in shipment but I doubt those'll be new.

I’ve never received a pre owned game as new from GameStop. I’d be really happy if that was to happen to me. Tired of the generic cases

flip to where? Lol at most you may get like $20 profit if it's in good condition with the box on like ebay or reddit.

I had a Switch Lite for about a year. Hard to recommend at any price now with the worst battery life of any Switch and no OLED screen. If it was $100 refurbished direct from Nintendo, I might buy.
I grabbed the newer special edition Pokemon lite for $130 with a case and satisfye grip off OfferUp a couple months ago. They are great for travel and stuff, but other than that it doesn't get used.

Hey guys, so one of my games Metroid Remastered on Switch was never shipped out. I called customer service and was told I would be getting around $40 back. So I was told, I can still keep the other 2 games even though it was shipped separately as part of the B2G1 order! MP was actually the most expensive game in this order. So my order basically became B1G1 free...

Customer service actually recommend the cancellation part, so I don't have to wait on the backorder. The wait on the phone was shorter than expected btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I ordered RE4 PS5 and got a sealed copy. My Metroid Dread and Kirby Return to Dreamland are still in shipment but I doubt those'll be new.
My RE4 PS5 just came in today, also sealed! Waiting on my return to dreamland deluxe (x2) to come in. Have a feeling these will be sealed too, I'm excited lol.

Had a good in store experience today getting Live A Live, Dead Space Remake, and a complete Bravely Default (3ds) for about $90.  Also got a copy of Battlefield for Series X for $2 (didn't hear great things, but I'll give it a shot)

Anyone having shipping issues with GS? Not the whole, not seeing the tracking number but either non-shipment/non-pick-up? One of my B2G1F games has a tracking but USPS hasn't picked it up yet and another hasn't shipped. I ordered on Monday so it's been a while. 

Anyone having shipping issues with GS? Not the whole, not seeing the tracking number but either non-shipment/non-pick-up? One of my B2G1F games has a tracking but USPS hasn't picked it up yet and another hasn't shipped. I ordered on Monday so it's been a while.
Give it until Monday before you call CS--I've had that happen yet still received the package a few days later.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back