The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
You can just do store pickup. Most stores should have them in stock
Think the flipper effect is happening. My local stores had them not even an hour ago, now all gone.

For flipping, what is the limit? Obviously 1 per visit, but can you trade 2 of the same per month?

And Jedi survivor for a boost?

Last edited by a moderator:
I get An error occurred while attempting to cancel your order when trying to cancel my order of Octopath Traveler II at $59.99 and Elden Ring. What should I do?

Sale not working for anyone else? Shows as being available but adding to cart and trying to check out shows full price.... 

NM, I'm an idiot and had one used game in my cart. 

Snagged Mario strikers, Zelda skyward sword, 2 Metroid amiibo and 2 Zelda amiibo for 79.99.
Not bad

Is this deal over? I went to the page and am at final checkout place order. No bogo deal pops.
Make sure you have NEW copies of the games in your cart. By default, GS had the pre-owned selected when I initially added them to my cart so the deal wouldn't show up.

My local store doesn't have the narrow mix of games I want; I already got most of the Switch games for $30 or less, so not like I'm missing out.

Want Octopath and Valkyrie, but no local store has the duo.  And not buying more stuff or paying $8 for shipping and handling.

My local store doesn't have the narrow mix of games I want; I already got most of the Switch games for $30 or less, so not like I'm missing out.

Want Octopath and Valkyrie, but no local store has the duo. And not buying more stuff or paying $8 for shipping and handling.
Buy something extra and return it to the store for free shipping

Just picked up two games and two Amiibo, never got a confirmation email, glad I wrote down the confirmation order number.

Both of my games already shipped.... while I'm still waiting for games from last week's B2G1F sale to be picked up/shipped. 

Make sure you have NEW copies of the games in your cart. By default, GS had the pre-owned selected when I initially added them to my cart so the deal wouldn't show up.
I do. NEW ps5 forspoken and NEW ps5 octopath. Is it because certain console versions are excluded?

After you do so, please confirm it’s actually getting 30
It's not ringing up in store at $28 base trade value anymore. $22 base in store is what it is ringing up. Had to get them to do a price override for $6 to put it at $28 base to match the website and then have Pro and pre-order bonus stack to get $36.40 for it. YMMV if they will do that for you though.

Got 10% off a $100 gift card at Dollar General and did B1G1 on Bayo 3 and XB3. $25 each.

Now I need to actually play XBDE and buy/play Bayo 2 and XB2...

Finally got all my games from the B2G1, only one was in original case.  One of the games in a Gamestop case was Sakura Wars PS4, but it still had the sticker pack inside.  How does that happen?

anybody have an order ghost on them? i've placed two orders for pickup but only got an email for the first one. account shows neither order either. really weird.

Just a reminder for anyone putting an online order in, it is a good opportunity to double dip with your $5 code if you still have the online one to use.  I got a cheap $6.99 game for 1.99 after adding it to my Octopath, Amiibo order

anybody have an order ghost on them? i've placed two orders for pickup but only got an email for the first one. account shows neither order either. really weird.
I have a lot of missing orders this year. It seems anything that’s in store pickup doesn’t get added to the online history. The only order I have show up is the Zelda pro controller for shipping.

I have a lot of missing orders this year. It seems anything that’s in store pickup doesn’t get added to the online history. The only order I have show up is the Zelda pro controller for shipping.
Happened to me today. Placed an online order for store pickup since 8am and nothing. I checked my CC and already in there. Do you have to wait for your confirmation email or can you just go in store to pick up your items?

Happened to me today. Placed an online order for store pickup since 8am and nothing. I checked my CC and already in there. Do you have to wait for your confirmation email or can you just go in store to pick up your items?
OK, they must be having lots of issues. I made an order for delivery, got a confirmation number, but never the email. Phone chat was VERY little help, so now I'm just waiting. I used trade-in credit, I wonder if that was part of the reason why it's happening.

OK, they must be having lots of issues. I made an order for delivery, got a confirmation number, but never the email. Phone chat was VERY little help, so now I'm just waiting. I used trade-in credit, I wonder if that was part of the reason why it's happening.
Unlikely. I paid with credit card and the same thing. Just a confirmation number and no email.

My store pick up confirmation emails always go to spam. Not sure why

this is the first time i've not seen an in-store pickup not show up on the account. for the two orders i placed in the past 24 hours, neither is showing. really weird. store doesnt information on the order either, so i am trying customer service.

Not sure, either. I have a pick up order, too, but no confirmation and no pick up email, of course.

i just got an email from them saying my pickup order for Metroid amiibo got cancelled. i ordered right when it went live last night. the guy probably had ppl coming in to buy them and didnt get a chance to check pickup orders i bet.

for the double dipping on the $5 coupon, does it have to be in store purchase first then online or can it be the other way around also?

ive been doing in store purchase first then shop online using the code.

bread's done
Back