The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Trying to decide which 2 to get out of Skyward Sword, Mario Golf and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. Maybe if I can't choose it means I should save my money.

Trying to decide which 2 to get out of Skyward Sword, Mario Golf and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. Maybe if I can't choose it means I should save my money.
yeah, i couldn't decide if $30 was cheap enough for mario golf and mario strikers. I'll probably pick them up if they ever hit $25.

On the topic of Zelda: TotK CE, I was told the rumor amongst the managers was that GS is holding back ~50% of their allotted CE inventory, and expects to have copies distributed to stores on launch day - so may be case of waiting in line for a wooden plank :oldman: Seems like the console is not going to be so obviously scalpable which is nice to see. :beer:

B1G1 def works in store!

I've always had to use coupon in-store first to double dip. $5 amiibo stock is not very accurate, thought the in-store inventory in store doesn't seem to be doing the -1 anymore: for example:
goFLPPv.png

Same here, did well on the cases, not so much on getting max value for the Free game. Most stores don't even display older stuff anymore, so inventory builds up and makes for fun B2G1 deals. O:)

As mentioned above, just call up the store - ask what stuff has cases - then have them hold it for you to pickup (and not pay tax using trade credit. Might not be as good as all these cash-back deals everyone keeps posting, but that always seemed more nebulous to me.

Qpy61Qa.png

Octopath Traveler II² for $22.5 is great! :razz:
Was that actually the only copy in that store? As if you didn't go there in person and specifically ask then it's very possible that they had 2 or even 3 copies and as per usual their inventory system is bonkers due to the negative in place.

If they did finally turn off the -1 cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never knew there was a Callisto steel. I'm now concern post purchase that the base game is a cash grab and apparently there's future DLC planned for a single player game, alluding to a "this is the real edition to buy" releasing later this year.
Pretty sure the Steelbook was only in the GS exclusive collector’s edition.

I haven't ordered from GameStop since quite a while. Took a chance and saw this deal and ordered Xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3, the day it went live. Both copies arrived sealed! 😀

Ended up picking up Forspoken and Valkyrie Elysium. It works out to a bit over $20 which I figured was fine to play these a few months in advance.

Liking Forspoken a lot. I feel that game got a bad shake due in part to how it was marketed and staged. It also fell victim to all those "influential" podcasters and social media noisemakers writing it off for all sorts of non-game reasons. That all said, Square could have done it a big favor by releasing it at a lower pricepoint to break it in as a new franchise.

So few new AA/AAA IP nowadays so it's always a shame to see any one of these crash and burn. There was definitely a lot of heart that went into making the game.

my xb3 and octopath were both sealed. i very rarely order from them online but havent had a gutted game yet. i wonder if it's different fulfillment centers or if they come from local stores etc

Placed an order for Elden Ring and Callisto for store pickup. Got the conformation it was ready to be picked up but when opening the app said order was not found. Clicked on the order details in the email and got the same thing. Called up and the guy says he has the order. Just a heads up if the same thing happens to you. Call up and confirm.

Second order that partially shipped came all sealed:

Octopath 2
Forspoken
Zelda Amiibo

Still waiting for my 2 Metroid amiibos to ship. What happens if they're not able to fulfill part of an order? Does that part get auto cancelled and refunded? I wouldn't mind that, I just don't want to have to return the whole order.

got my elden ring and like a dragon in new and sealed condition. ive been having good luck with getting sealed copies except over black friday i settled for a soul hackers 2 and star ocean in the diaper bag

I got my two of my last 3 B2G1F games from last week... both in generic cases, which is surprise for Kirby Ultra since it's new-ish. Still waiting for Prime Remake to ship. 

Got 2 of 6 B1G1 games- both sealed luckily. 

I am waiting for my Prime Remastered to ship too. I am hoping they just send us new copies.
Guessing those are never shipping. Waiting for mine for 10 days now and still on label created. Assuming the employees didn't know how to decline or didn't want the metric hit so they just sit on these forever.

Guessing those are never shipping. Waiting for mine for 10 days now and still on label created. Assuming the employees didn't know how to decline or didn't want the metric hit so they just sit on these forever.
One of my items had that issue, called CS and they said they'd follow up with the store directly... Didn't think much of it but sure enough, the day after my call, it was picked up.

It auto times out and declines and moves to another store same day if they don't mark it shipped. The issue is often waiting on it to get actually picked up.

It auto times out and declines and moves to another store same day if they don't mark it shipped. The issue is often waiting on it to get actually picked up.
someone mentioned before that it if it’s shipping from a store it takes longer sometimes cause a lot of stores don’t open till noon and the carriers like fed ex , ups , etc would already have passed that area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I just exhausted all my luck for the year. Not only were my copies of Forespoken and Calisto Protocol sealed but my pre-owned copy of Judgment for Xbox One that I ordered for free shipping also arrived sealed. It still even had the xbox seal intact.

Yeah, shipping label doesn't generate until they confirm right? 11 days to hand off a package is stupidity or lazyness or both, at that point give me a break lol.

Got my games in... Octopath 2 and Valkyrie Elysium are both sealed and used Bravely Default 2 came in the OG case with art.

So 100% win.

GameStops incompetence can also work in our favor. I got cash back based on $120 instead of $60 because of their BOGO.
Agreed. I returned a set of my b2g1 I paid $80 for. Gave her the packing slip. She scanned them all in and couldn’t look up my info because system was down. She asked me if it was b2g1 and I’m not a liar, so I said yes. But she ended up going by the prices in store and gave me back $106 for them. And got to keep the erroneously double cash back from retail me not as well lol.

Wasn’t going to lie it asked, but also not going to give extra info

There's another cashback site called retailmenot? I can't keep up with all of them.
I didn't know either.. I thought that was a coupon site? Had no idea it offered cashback. Slickdeals also has their own cashback (I think it's the only one that supports CDKeys). Feels like everyone's doing it these days.

Anyway, since I grabbed Bayonetta 3 from this promo and didn't have Bayonetta 2.. I went on eBay and lucked out with a complete Japanese copy for $30. Still plays in English so good enough for me. Also grabbed Metroid Dread complete for $30. Better than taking the risk of GameStop "used"

got my 2 Octopath Traveller II, both sealed. one of them has plastic rip and plastic cover cracked. no idea how. the case also has a crack at the opening.

Yeah, shipping label doesn't generate until they confirm right? 11 days to hand off a package is stupidity or lazyness or both, at that point give me a break lol.
confirm, but not shipped. it should move to another store. the confirm system is stupid at GS. GS doesn't really do much for hand off a package tho, its just give it to the shipper whenever they come and in some places they are terrible at coming during business hours for pickups and GS does not require it's employees to take and drop off packages because they dont have coverage for that anyways.

Who cares. Your iphone does the same thing. Your info has been everywhere since 08.
It’s been every where since before that. People that are scared about there info being out there crack me up. If you’ve been on the internet at any point of your life there’s info some where out there on you. Info has been getting sold since the beginning of time, even before the internet. Telemarketing companies were doing it.

It’s been every where since before that. People that are scared about there info being out there crack me up. If you’ve been on the internet at any point of your life there’s info some where out there on you. Info has been getting sold since the beginning of time, even before the internet. Telemarketing companies were doing it.
I agree with you except for one point. it doesn't matter if you have been on the internet or not. if you have a job, a bank account, anything that stores your information those corporations don't give a shit about protecting that info. constant hacking that they lie about until months afterwards. all of our information is on the dark web in one form or another.

Got my B2G1 order in.  Kirby RTD and RE4 both sealed, while Hogwarts was open and complete.

Didn't really see anything that caught my eye for the B1G1

bread's done
Back