The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Sounds like my store opened at 10am with a 9am pre-ring for TotK. Someone had come in to see if they had any plaques left. The associate said they were out (not surprised). He said when they opened this morning the line went from the door and wrapped around to the other side of the building.

So while I didn't get a plaque when I picked my pre-orders (game, amiibo and case), I did get an arm sleeve.

it does impact their numbers however on a week like this where they did SOOOO many preorders just a couple cancels has virtually no impact.
When does the new week start and the numbers reset? Sunday? I'll have to remember this tidbit for the next big release to free up some old preorders.

Anyone else get an email from GS with a tracking number, saying there's issues with tracking? I haven't gotten tracking numbers in months, I can't remember when the last time I got a tracking number, and it's crazy that they're just getting to realize the item now.

Narrow, shoulder width, or wide grip?
I can do 4-5 shoulder width but wide grip I can do 1 or 2 if I’m lucky. Always struggled with them wide grips.
Regardless 7 is a good number
Narrow or shoulder, biceps in or out, I can do 7 but yeah, wide grip is a different story; depends on how wide we're talking, I don't think I can do more than 1 or 2.

Does anyone know if Rakuten's current 15% cash back works on new systems? PSVR2 is finally available and 15% back would be great. I think I will personally wait for some kind of black Friday deal and Rakuten usually has at least 10% off around the holidays. It does say virtual reality but I can't see the exclusion details.
I was wondering the same. The website says Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on Generation 9 consoles (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S), new consoles & hardware, digital currency, or gift cards. Does it count as a gen 9 console or new console & hardware? Or does it fall under virtual reality?

I just traded in some games toward Tears of the Kingdom. 2 for 50, and a bunch of games I was hoping would trigger the 20%. They don't. It was one or the other. I took the L instead of thinking on my feet and preordering Street Fighter VI... Lost out on 6 bucks...

I forgot I pre-order TOTK like a year ago on Amazon when they were having some kind of promotion for $20 off. Says I won't get it until the 15th but I have it on digital through the voucher so I am all good. Will just sell the physical for $60 or whatever it's going for locally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelda trade promo runs until 5/20
[attachment=37933:82A0F939-DB2A-4CE5-B274-1175D14D8A3B.jpeg]

While likely remember GS has been ending things early lately, so end dates aren't guaranteed(as per the last line in the legal there as well)

In addition it only works towards a purchase, almost all stores are out of stock now and promos dont work towards web in store orders.

While likely remember GS has been ending things early lately, so end dates aren't guaranteed(as per the last line in the legal there as well)

In addition it only works towards a purchase, almost all stores are out of stock now and promos dont work towards web in store orders.
That's surprising, looking online all the stores in my area still have the standard version in stock.

it's still a preorder cancel, it doesnt care the age.

it's for legal protections, they cant "knowingly" buy stolen product, if you say words that indicate it isnt yours they're supposed to decline as well. sealed is just the most common one people see.
They sure have always done a shit job of this with things with IMEI numbers though...

Remember a friend buying an iPhone 7 that worked for 2 months but was then reported stolen. And another who bought one that right off the bat was flagged.

I renewed PRO in store a few weeks ago, but noticed my account online was stating I was just a lowly player, not the pro I’m supposed to be.  I had a receipt for that renewal still, and decided to ask about in store.  They search by my phone, e-mail, and the rewards number noted on the receipt that I just renewed, and say I don’t have any account.  I can still sign in online though.  They said they could create a new account, and should be able to get my points back, but I didn’t have time for it then.  They said it could also be just a temporary glitch.  Anyone have experience with this?  Seems they are having more and more website and account issues lately, watch out.

Forgive me for my slowness, but how does one achieve this price:

Screenshot-2023-05-14-162621.png

FYI anyone who was flipping Wii fit U from various places it came up as $2 value today in store but they adjusted to match the website at $22. That may not last much longer. I got 3 more in today to finish paying for sf6

Amazon has a seller with new copies at $11 free shipping if you want to risk it

Anyone know what this means? I'm trying to buy a Zelda amiibo as a filler for an order but keep getting this error. 

One or more of the products selected cannot ship to the address entered. Please review shipping address or products selected.

I have shipping selected (NOT local delivery). My other item (statue) can ship fine by itself but don't want to pay the shipping so trying to find something else to get FS. 

Anyone know what this means? I'm trying to buy a Zelda amiibo as a filler for an order but keep getting this error.

One or more of the products selected cannot ship to the address entered. Please review shipping address or products selected.

I have shipping selected (NOT local delivery). My other item (statue) can ship fine by itself but don't want to pay the shipping so trying to find something else to get FS.
Some items are locked to instore pickup only yet allow you to add them to the cart.

Jesus, GS just cannot stop fucking up their shit...
it's been that way for years from what I wager. I've only ever encountered it with witcher 3 ps4. Though gs isn't the only one with the problem. Amazon I have a copy of drackengard 3 that says in stock in my saved for later but won't let me purchase it. I've kept both in my saved sections for the rare day they do eventually let me buy them.

it's been that way for years from what I wager. I've only ever encountered it with witcher 3 ps4. Though gs isn't the only one with the problem. Amazon I have a copy of drackengard 3 that says in stock in my saved for later but won't let me purchase it. I've kept both in my saved sections for the rare day they do eventually let me buy them.
I have a ps5 in my Best Buy save for later cart that I can't even remove. it's been stuck there ever since ps5 came out. at least game stop lets you remove stuff

I was wondering the same. The website says Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on Generation 9 consoles (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S), new consoles & hardware, digital currency, or gift cards. Does it count as a gen 9 console or new console & hardware? Or does it fall under virtual reality?
It says on the cash departments that it’s good on virtual reality so it should qualify.

I was having this earlier today. It went away when I removed the amiibo. I think it’s out of stock but for some reason it’s letting you put it in the cart. Which made the whole thing pointless because I wanted the amiibo, everything else was just filler to get free shipping lol

Got Zelda for $19.99 after trading Last Of Us Remastered and Sackboy for PS5.  I just went in first without the games and asked them if those two games qualified - wanted to be sure even though they were on the list because I know they change things sometimes.  Plus, I hadn't traded in years, so I was hesitant to go in there with any confidence that it would work.  They actually rang it all up (without the games) to see if it worked.  I then told them I'd be right back with the games - I opened them in the car and it all went off without a problem.  Much to my surprise they didn't ask me for an extended warranty or even to renew my Pro (which expired years ago).  I was still in the system under my old landline home phone number though ;).

If anyone got a Zelda Wood but needs a CE let me know. I had an extra CE that is no longer necessary, I’ll sell at cost as a trade for a Wood if anyone interested. Gamestops near me all hoarding their wood / not honoring the website description of how to obtain for online orders, as expected.
are you trading a zelda CE for a wood plaque thing? is that what im reading?

Right.  The scalper markup on the CE seems to be at least as much as the free wood is selling for by itself.  Know its unlikely, but thought I’d ask.

GameStop email: Add to your latest purchase with these!

We hope you are enjoying your new product, and we wanted to reach out to you with some recommendations that you might find interesting based on your recent purchase. We believe these items would be a great addition to your gaming setup.

…all Sony stuff when I do not purchase or view Sony products.

I’ll ask again since I don’t know if anyone answered: did anyone get their Metroid 2 pack amiibo?

GameStop never sent me any info that is was cancelled but also never charged me.

I have an old Ps5 controller  I might just trade it in and pick up the edge.

Is this 25% boost trade in a good time to trade in the ps5 controller?   Or has there been a higher trade in value in the past.

Im still waiting over a month for my Deadpool Ps4 games I used as filler for free shipping to ship.They were available for weeks after I ordered mine. Cant imagine how many orders are going unfufilled on these.

Went instore to take advantage of the Zelda deal today. Took COD Cold War and Last of Us 2. Clerk literally tried to refurb me because he said there was a fingerprint on Cold War. Just politely told him I wouldn't be trading in either game and left. Almost 100% sure he did that just because I was trying to buy the game without a pre-order. Pretty much out on going to brick and mortar Gamestops at this point. Everytime I go in to buy a new game that's not a pre-order they try to find a way to not sell it to me. When Dead Space came out I damn near wanted to just do an in-store pickup to not have to do the dance where they pretend to not have the game. Realize they have metrics, but they're gonna run the store out of business trying to avoid selling games to people.

Went instore to take advantage of the Zelda deal today. Took COD Cold War and Last of Us 2. Clerk literally tried to refurb me because he said there was a fingerprint on Cold War. Just politely told him I wouldn't be trading in either game and left. Almost 100% sure he did that just because I was trying to buy the game without a pre-order. Pretty much out on going to brick and mortar Gamestops at this point. Everytime I go in to buy a new game that's not a pre-order they try to find a way to not sell it to me. When Dead Space came out I damn near wanted to just do an in-store pickup to not have to do the dance where they pretend to not have the game. Realize they have metrics, but they're gonna run the store out of business trying to avoid selling games to people.
Yes, store pickup is the way to go if not a preorder and not using reward points. Can use monthly coupon and usually a cash back site.

How accurate is GameStop’s cart inventory at the moment?
One game in my cart shows out of stock but when I click to see stores inventory it shows 6 out of 8 available for pick up..

Damn that sucks. My experience yesterday was awesome. Took my games and didn't even try to upsell me (either on a warranty or on renewing my long expired Pro membership). They had a whole drawer full of copies of Zelda, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to sell them as easily as possible. Maybe your store didn't have as many. And besides, aren't trade-ins one of their metrics? Eh, whatever - all that foolishness of metrics and quotas is just so awful.

How accurate is GameStop’s cart inventory at the moment?
One game in my cart shows out of stock but when I click to see stores inventory it shows 6 out of 8 available for pick up..
Its been off for me already have 2 cancels on stores that had Zelda Pro Controllers in stock today

FYI anyone who was flipping Wii fit U from various places it came up as $2 value today in store but they adjusted to match the website at $22. That may not last much longer. I got 3 more in today to finish paying for sf6

Amazon has a seller with new copies at $11 free shipping if you want to risk it
'Twas good while it lasted. The website is officially updated :( one copy to go...

If I finish sackboy and sonic frontiers I might do a return/rebuy on the tears CE by the 20th
My GameStop is usually ok with that if it’s sealed and not opened
Hmm might trade in astral chain too since I’ve had it for a couple years and no one would trade or buy it from me

bread's done
Back