The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
The GameStop website has a “Deal” banner on Meta Quest Gift Cards and when you click onto the product page it says “Save on Meta Quest GC” under the Add to Cart button, but then it registers as full price and I don’t see any other details about a discount. Does anyone have any details or is this probably just a misprint?
Might have been inactive, but it seems to be working now, 15% off: https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=E0268

Weird timing when it's finally about to get a major exclusive.
They seem to be flush in PS4s & Xbox Series S/X consoles. I'm more than happy to get a new console whenever I get back to playing something on a 4K TV later on, and I'll just use a Series S that was acquired cheap until then.

This is definitely one of the quietest 4/$20 or 4/$40 threads in a while. Tried finding 4 of the latter in person and nothing flashy was in stock that wasn't available online.

There's just not much game inventory in stores in general. I went in to use my $5 monthly credit and looked at what they had, and it was anemic.

I received a weird “Thanks for your order” email from GamStop for the purchase of a gift card in the amount of $21.39. It has my name and address included but I never made such a purchase, the amount is strange and it shows no order number or payment method. Anyone know what this is?

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a weird “Thanks for your order” email from GamStop for the purchase of a gift card in the amount of $21.39. It has my name and address included but I never made such a purchase, the amount is strange and it shows no order number or payment method. Anyone know what this is?
What kind of gift card is it? Do you have your Pro membership set to auto-renew?

What kind of gift card is it? Do you have your Pro membership set to auto-renew?
Renewal isn’t until the end of November.

I think I have this figured out: A refund for a game not in stock priced at $19.99 plus $1.40 tax. Still strange as I bought games as part of their 4 for $40 and 4 for $20 deals, not full price. I suppose I’ll see in the next couple of days what I don’t receive.

I'd also be concerned with them charging you extra after the fact for one of those 4/40 or 4/20 deals since they canceled one of the games. Definitely seems like the shady shit they'd pull.

I'd also be concerned with them charging you extra after the fact for one of those 4/40 or 4/20 deals since they canceled one of the games. Definitely seems like the shady shit they'd pull.
If you order a game during one of their sales and it doesn't ship until a month later, they will absolutely charge you for the full, undiscounted price when it does ship. Has happened to me quite a few times. That goes beyond scummy into full-on illegal.

I have seen promos for 1 year GS Pro sub when buying a new console vs getting 11,000 points for current members. If the timing works, it's better to not renew and buy the console instead to get the $25 sub if you wanted a new console. 11,000 points is $11 so the $25 sub is a better deal.

I took a gamble and ordered 8x games during the buy 4x under $20 for $40 sale and I've been blessed... 7 of them came with cases and look like they're in good shape; only 1 was just the disc. 

If you order a game during one of their sales and it doesn't ship until a month later, they will absolutely charge you for the full, undiscounted price when it does ship. Has happened to me quite a few times. That goes beyond scummy into full-on illegal.
Great. Now I feel like I need to go review credit card to see if they did that with the long-delayed Amiibos.

Dollar General continues to have a 15% discount on GameStop gift cards this week (6/18-6/24). Pic attached for reference.

[attachment=38001:FB9038F9-8F6E-48E6-907F-A46DB8E480EF.jpeg]

Like a dragon Ishin is $40 and B1G1

But I can’t find anything to pair with it :(

May just wait until a used copy at GameFly drops in price more

The 15% off gift card is very tempting. My points expire at the end of the year so I need to use them anyway. I'm going to get psvr 2 and since I don't have enough points to cover the full purchase, I might as well get the 15% discount cards now in anticipation. Sure, they might have the deal again over the holidays but they for sure do now.

The 15% off gift card is very tempting. My points expire at the end of the year so I need to use them anyway. I'm going to get psvr 2 and since I don't have enough points to cover the full purchase, I might as well get the 15% discount cards now in anticipation. Sure, they might have the deal again over the holidays but they for sure do now.
Yeah I'd do it now personally. You'll also have the value of having the psvr2 for longer now than waiting.

Yeah I'd do it now personally. You'll also have the value of having the psvr2 for longer now than waiting.
Oh no I'm not buying it now. I will wait for a holiday bundle/discount. I just meant buying the GameStop card while it's 15% off now rather than waiting and hoping it's the same deal over the holidays.

Oh no I'm not buying it now. I will wait for a holiday bundle/discount. I just meant buying the GameStop card while it's 15% off now rather than waiting and hoping it's the same deal over the holidays.
you might see 20% off over the holidays, I think 15% is pretty solid, and quite a discount on the PSVR2, roughly $468+tax I think is a solid deal if you planned on buying it.

you might see 20% off over the holidays, I think 15% is pretty solid, and quite a discount on the PSVR2, roughly $468+tax I think is a solid deal if you planned on buying it.
Yes it might go to 20% off but according to people here, it never has at Dollar General so thinking it definitely will this year is taking a gamble.

Yes it might go to 20% off but according to people here, it never has at Dollar General so thinking it definitely will this year is taking a gamble.
It’s too bad PSN credit can’t be used as a currency when ordering physical products directly from PlayStation. I know for a fact that PSN credit has hit 20% off the past few years every Black Friday season at Dollar General. Still, the 15% off is super great too, especially when factored for hardware purchases. Considering that something like the PSVR2 will likely get few, if any, sales beyond possible across-the-board price cuts or clearances, you’re definitely maximizing that CAG savings if you have the budget.

there def was a 20% off gamestop and psn cards went as high as 25% off at dollar general
When were PSN cards 25% off? Because I can tell you that in the past 3 years or so, I’ve capitalized heavily during that time of year on PSN credit and it’s never gone above 20%.

I can’t speak for the GameStop credit also hitting 20% during that same time period, since most of the time I leaned more towards PSN credit deals, but I do know there was a week last holiday season where it was at least 15%, because I used that week to stack savings on their +50% off clearance event.

It’s about shopping around, I’ll say the 20% may not be dollar general I have another local drug store that for 5 years does all gaming credit and GameStop at 20% off. Honestly 15% is a great deal as is if you’re looking at new hardware.

Not uncommon to see those “happy” gift cards for 20% off from Target, Amazon, Kroger. Might be able to get an extra 5% off using particular credit cards.

Probably not cag worthy but Ichin and Callisto Protocol new for 39.99 total plus tax was in my price range. Glad the sale held over for today.
My CAGing - bought 2 Callisto protocol for $30 total. $6 cash back on rakuten. Sold one of them on eBay for like $20 after shipping and fees. Got my own copy for ~$5 of store credit.

My CAGing - bought 2 Callisto protocol for $30 total. $6 cash back on rakuten. Sold one of them on eBay for like $20 after shipping and fees. Got my own copy for ~$5 of store credit.
heh

I didnt do Rakuten but got two Ishin's and already down to one, cost me net like $9 of store credit

Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy pre owned, Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Pre Owned is coming up during July 4th weekend. Starts on 6/30, but I think I saw that Pro members get early access on 6/29.

I am trying to use a $3 online only coupon with the monthly $5 coupon to buy online but only the $5 takes effect. Is this something known? Anyway to get $8 off?

Darn values dropping, I had been trading in monthly, prior to the dropping of values, I’ll probably hold some inventory in hopes things jump back around October as they have before.
A drop in trade in values is very normal during the summer months when consumers purchases of games/hardware drop, which is also why in June/July you can find some pretty good sale prices on buying games. Late August/early September is usually when trade in values usually start to slowly rise again to build inventory for the holiday season. That said, its just a matter of time before gamestop keeps their trade in values low permanently as a cost cutting measure (which we are already seeing a bit of).

exactly! I was in the hospital earlier this year for 5 days for surgery . I owe hospital 20k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
call the billing department and ask for an itemized bill. most of the charges will be frivolous that you can get expunged either by your effort or by calling a company that deals with hospital bills i forget the exact method for getting the bill largely reduced or even expunged.

call the billing department and ask for an itemized bill. most of the charges will be frivolous that you can get expunged either by your effort or by calling a company that deals with hospital bills i forget the exact method for getting the bill largely reduced or even expunged.
why is this so true, I had 22k expunged after pointing out they violated state law, took over 40 hours on the phone but hey even I don’t make 22k a week.

Series S is a bad value at retail price. Anything more than $150 is too much for it. Microsoft should have made a digital Series X instead of an S console.

I don’t know why we bother with this company sometimes…

I think I’m more insulted at the opened game in a poly bag. Is that supposed to make it ok?[attachment=38003:IMG_7579.jpeg][attachment=38004:IMG_7580.jpeg]

bread's done
Back