The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
PS4 / XB1 Gen Consoles $40 off

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=29434

Tempted to get PS4 Pro for $200, but PS5 can be had for like $400, and with new model (supposedly / definitely) coming out soon, seems it's best to wait.

Any idea what the Pro trade in would be later?  Might be worth it, while waiting for the PS5 to come down, if I can get a decent trade in later

Well I guess I'll see if mine does... I redeemed an online cert a while back and it expires 7/31, I don't see myself finding something to use it on.
Online certs typically don't work so you just contact cs and get them to refund the points iirc.

PS4 / XB1 Gen Consoles $40 off

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=29434

Tempted to get PS4 Pro for $200, but PS5 can be had for like $400, and with new model (supposedly / definitely) coming out soon, seems it's best to wait.

Any idea what the Pro trade in would be later? Might be worth it, while waiting for the PS5 to come down, if I can get a decent trade in later
Do you think there'll be a $50 trade-in bonus for last gen consoles during the holidays? I have no idea what the usual trade-in value of the PS4 Pro is when it's not nerfed from the currently sale (unless that is the actual value).

I would personally wait and avoid any potential headaches in case of a bad console.

Do these sound like good prices? After the 35% discounts it would be

Cyberpunk PS4 $13.29

Nier Automata PS4 $9.97

Super Mario Odyssey $19.94

Star Ocean Divine Force $15.29

And I threw in a couple filler items (Titanfall 2 and Battlefront) to get the full discounts. Could get them all in store for pickup today. Or should I just wait for pro week?

Cyberpunk PS4 $13.29

Nier Automata PS4 $9.97

And I threw in a couple filler items (Titanfall 2 and Battlefront) to get the full discounts. Could get them all in store for pickup today. Or should I just wait for pro week?
That will depend if you're buying to flip in the future, or to keep and/or actually play them. Flip, not so much, except for SM Odessey. Keep/play, you'll definitely get your money's worth.

That will depend if you're buying to flip in the future, or to keep and/or actually play them. Flip, not so much, except for SM Odessey. Keep/play, you'll definitely get your money's worth.
Yeah I was planning to keep them. I've finished Cyberpunk and Nier in the past and resold them for higher prices than this so I'd be re-adding those 2 to my collection.

It would be nice to get some games but I still haven't played Callisto Protocol and Elden Ring from the B1G1 months ago and those games are cheaper now so I need to stop buying games for awhile.

Cyberpunk PS4 $13.29

Nier Automata PS4 $9.97

These are all great prices. $10 - $15 for games you want, and $20 for first party Nintendo is about as good as it gets. How much more could he even be expected to save overall during Black Friday, maybe a few bucks total, is kind of silly to wait for. Black Friday will no doubt have more deals, but you got some good finds.

Do GameStop stores actually keep a fair amount of cash on hand to pay for cash trades? Especially now that many stores are staffed by one person at a time, wouldn't be surprised if they started issuing prepaid debit cards for cash trades to reduce cash on hand and potential theft.

Do GameStop stores actually keep a fair amount of cash on hand to pay for cash trades? Especially now that many stores are staffed by one person at a time, wouldn't be surprised if they started issuing prepaid debit cards for cash trades to reduce cash on hand and potential theft.
They only keep a couple hundred bucks on hand, starting in the AM, once its gone it's gone, and some days it's not even that. Only enough to buy a system from someone in cash if they need to.

Otherwise they get robbed more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cash values have dropped to 70% of trade credit value. Awful.
I’ve had to resort to eBay ever since the Joy Con value dropped, hasn’t been hateful. But I do miss the monthly GameStop trips. Values went up almost 2 years ago and I did what I could! Never forget the $75 a set, that was fun.

Oh damn how much was that Wind Wake combo?
$60 since they just put it under the normal version. They do the same for the Pokemon Bonus Disc ones too, and half the time the loose 3DS games they can't read too good :shock:

I couldn't find games like that in stock back in 2005.... you're finding them in 2023. Insane.
Yep, and here's the bi-weekly reminder to check your local gamestops for new retro stock! (especially with a %-off preowned sale like this week) Employee said I missed out on most of the Gamecube tradein, but they left the robo and wario. Also a few SNES games traded in - already own X and X², so picked up X³ which apparently is worth more for some dumb reason. :razz:

3I70o8g.png

$60 since they just put it under the normal version. They do the same for the Pokemon Bonus Disc ones too, and half the time the loose 3DS games they can't read too good :shock:

Yep, and here's the bi-weekly reminder to check your local gamestops for new retro stock! (especially with a %-off preowned sale like this week) Employee said I missed out on most of the Gamecube tradein, but they left the robo and wario. Also a few SNES games traded in - already own X and X², so picked up X³ which apparently is worth more for some dumb reason. :razz:

3I70o8g.png
X3 was short printed b/c it didn’t release in the West until Jan. 1996. Many people, including myself, saw X4 on shelves before ever seeing X3 on a shelf.

I looked at the trade values for retro games and they are so pathetic. I can't believe people are selling their childhoods for less trade credit than the money spent in gas to get to the store.

Still pretty pissed because I had X3 as a kid.. until someone broke into our house and stole it among other things.
I had my storage unit broken into and they stole all my older systems and games and movies and baseball cards and instruments and more. I know how you feel. People can really suck.

i lent someone my X2 to this kid in middle school. he never give it back to me. i still remember that asian kid with glasses with his stupid hair style.

A GameStop I went to had a massive CIB DS restock. Almost all the dragon quest games,wario games ect bought everything that came out instant DS collection.

Shocking how many people are trading to GameStop and yes the games were real. I did see a fake N64 game.

A GameStop I went to had a massive CIB DS restock. Almost all the dragon quest games,wario games ect bought everything that came out instant DS collection.

Shocking how many people are trading to GameStop and yes the games were real. I did see a fake N64 game.
I collect CIB N64 since the non-gold carts are so boring to display, and didn't really like/want to remember much of the N64 library anyways ( my favs were Diddy Kong, Goldeneye, and 1080p which are cheap) since I converted to Playstation "main" from being in Nintendo camp until that point.

I did see a full set of fake Pokemon GBA traded in to one gamestop and the employee refused to accept my conclusion they were fake :oldman: (like they were super new, no imprint, and off-colored)

X3 was short printed b/c it didn’t release in the West until Jan. 1996. Many people, including myself, saw X4 on shelves before ever seeing X3 on a shelf.
Yep, I was into Mega Man from NES to Gameboy to Super Nintendo, then didn't care for series from the GBA onwards and haven't come back to the series at all. :speaktothehand: Need a MMO Mega Man!!

+20% if traded in toward Madden, right? …and then canceling the preorder later. See, I steered you right to use your points on Mario Kart.
I'm still so baffled a game from 2017 has so much trade-in value vs something like Animal Crossing New Horizons. I'm guessing it's because there's more DLC for MK8 that's relevant vs AC which sort of faded away. I'm still holding on to my AC copy I got for like $10 pre-owned from that price mistake. :whistle2:

Does GameStop take psvr1 for trades? I couldn't find anything online, so in assuming no.
Highly doubt it. Had a guy try to trade in psvr2 a couple weeks ago and was denied. Stated they its still remnants of covid restrictions.At the same time, a used vr headset is almost like buying used underwear. Its something you kinda just don't do.

I'm still so baffled a game from 2017 has so much trade-in value vs something like Animal Crossing New Horizons. I'm guessing it's because there's more DLC for MK8 that's relevant vs AC which sort of faded away. I'm still holding on to my AC copy I got for like $10 pre-owned from that price mistake. :whistle2:
They haven’t even finished releasing all the DLC courses yet for it. It’s why it will still hold value for awhile.

bread's done
Back