The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can only see the B1G1 if you're currently a Pro member. My Pro membership lapsed a month ago, and I can't see the B1G1 offer on browser or phone, New or Preowned alike. I'm just to assume every single game in that B1G1 link is applicable?

Kind of a weird thing honestly. If part of the purpose of Pro week is to rekindle Pro memberships, you'd think they'd be as open with what you can buy during Pro week as possible to get people to buy a sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do instore web orders count for the employee's preorder quotas? I'd feel a little funny going in and making someone punch in a web order for me just so I can get around the $60 free shipping minimum on preorders.

Jedi Survivor is $38.47 preowned for those interested.
For anyone who cares about having at least a whole game on disc (patches notwithstanding), Jedi Survivor does not have the whole game - it asks you to download the rest.

I know most folks are probably okay with this, so this is just a PSA.

Gamestop is not letting me checkout and saying there is an issue with processing my payment. Wasn't there a step to get this fixed?

Did that to me earlier too. Tried it twice with 2 browsers and 2 different accounts. Still didn’t work. So I just went to the store lol

Gamestop is not letting me checkout and saying there is an issue with processing my payment. Wasn't there a step to get this fixed?
If you're paying with a gift card, make sure you copy and pasted it correctly. Sometimes there is a space at the end so just retype the last digit or number.

Do instore web orders count for the employee's preorder quotas? I'd feel a little funny going in and making someone punch in a web order for me just so I can get around the $60 free shipping minimum on preorders.
Doesn't count towards pre-order metrics but they have a separate goal for web in store orders. They should be thrilled to do it for you since they only need a handful of them for the entire month.

It's technically part of Pro Week, so I'd expect it to at least last through Saturday. Then again, the last B1G1 seemed to continue beyond its Pro Week debut.
Alright, that's cool- debating on an order which isn't bad but not great either. Sucks they don't maximize the discount.

Also, my expiring 7/31 online cert now says 8/31 so that's kinda nice.

Traded in Mario Kart 8 (cartridge revision 0002 because I’m a nerd and would rather have the 0004 revision with more patches) for $36 after pro bump.

Also picked up $10 eShop with my July monthly coupon and $5 of trade credit.

Must be desperate for preorders because they said I could preorder Mario Wonder for a penny.

I left a few items in my cart last night to revisit this morning and am now met with "For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. Please contact customer service at 1-800-883-8895 for assistance."

I tried two different browers, logging out and back in, and deleted cookies. Anybody know of a resolution before I decide whether or not it's worth calling?

I left a few items in my cart last night to revisit this morning and am now met with "For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. Please contact customer service at 1-800-883-8895 for assistance."

I tried two different browers, logging out and back in, and deleted cookies. Anybody know of a resolution before I decide whether or not it's worth calling?
I am having the exact same issue

GameStop actin up for me. Yesterday all my saved for later were removed. Today when trying to access my cart this is what it says lol

For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. Please contact customer service at 1-800-883-8895 for assistance

Assuming the August codes aren't active...they can still be manually entered at checkout when they are? Is it all letters and numbers including the hyphen?

I always just hit apply coupon for online orders...

I went ahead and called. They escalated a support ticket. In the meantime I also tried an incognito browser and it also failed. Surprisingly, the app worked, so I went ahead and cleaned up my cart and put in the order without issue.
The app is doing something funny and over charging for items. I just had to cancel an order because I noticed it was cheaper placing on the website. Everything is working with the web again.

Just a heads up b1g1 is broken it’s working on everything new, I tried first party switch games everything worked. Now to see if gamestop cancels orders.
Is it exclusive to switch games? Cause I just tried GoW Ragnarok (ps4) and Street Fighter 6 (ps4) both new and there's no discount in cart. I haven't signed in if that matters.

Is it exclusive to switch games? Cause I just tried GoW Ragnarok (ps4) and Street Fighter 6 (ps4) both new and there's no discount in cart. I haven't signed in if that matters.
It was working for a short time the website was glitching out. They probably caught it before more went through unfortunately.

I just went into the store to redeem mine and saw the same thing. Might have to try a few of them tomorrow.
The extra coupons disappeared. I tried entering them early this morning into the website, 2 didn’t work and one caused a weird error. Now I have 1 coupon in my account (the one that previously had the weird error). It now works fine on the website.

The extra coupons disappeared. I tried entering them early this morning into the website, 2 didn’t work and one caused a weird error. Now I have 1 coupon in my account (the one that previously had the weird error). It now works fine on the website.
Yeah, I saw the same thing on my account.

Only one of the 3 remain, I’ll try it in store since my membership runs out this month, I should’ve used it for those DC games

I’ll get a membership back when they have a Black Friday sale for $15 a year 😎

I'm not understanding what restrictions are on the B1G1 deal. 

1) I verified I'm currently a Pro member. I then verify that I'm logged in on the GameStop site.

2) I click the "Buy 1, Get 1 FREE on select hit video games!" banner on the front of GameStop.com

3) The prices shown herein are for used games, so I assume the games have to be used for the deal to work. Accordingly, I add two used items that clearly have a "PRO: BUY 1, GET 1 FREE" to my cart. 

4) I go to my Cart. The applied discounts do not include one of them being free. Just the usual PRO membership "5% off" and "Pro Pre-Owned Savings Games and Accessories" discounts.

5) I remove one game and try another.  The same result occurs.

6) I remove both games and add two others using the same methodology. Again: Neither one is discounted as "free."

7) Maybe the discount appears later, I think. So I click "Proceed to Checkout" — and the prices remain the same. No free game.

What am I missing here? It sure seems to me like the deal just doesn't work online, plain and simple.

I'm not understanding what restrictions are on the B1G1 deal.

1) I verified I'm currently a Pro member. I then verify that I'm logged in on the GameStop site.
2) I click the "Buy 1, Get 1 FREE on select hit video games!" banner on the front of GameStop.com
3) The prices shown herein are for used games, so I assume the games have to be used for the deal to work. Accordingly, I add two used items that clearly have a "PRO: BUY 1, GET 1 FREE" to my cart.
4) I go to my Cart. The applied discounts do not include one of them being free. Just the usual PRO membership "5% off" and "Pro Pre-Owned Savings Games and Accessories" discounts.
5) I remove one game and try another. The same result occurs.
6) I remove both games and add two others using the same methodology. Again: Neither one is discounted as "free."
7) Maybe the discount appears later, I think. So I click "Proceed to Checkout" — and the prices remain the same. No free game.

What am I missing here? It sure seems to me like the deal just doesn't work online, plain and simple.
Think it’s on new games.

“Pro Members: Buy 1 Select New Video Game and Get 1 Free. Some exclusions apply.”

Used my $5 for a CIB copy of COD advance warfare zero day edition on xbox one lol, also priced at $4.99 so was free

been on a COD binge recently with the digital sale last month, and picking up a few physical copies of some of the 360 classics 

since servers have been fixed and there has been a resurgence of interest for the older games 

Even if comes to Gamepass, all good 

note- do NOT buy bo2 unless you want to just physically collect, the cheaters are in like every single match. Way too hacked to be viable. Otherwise wasting your $ completely on digitally buying that one (i didnt phew) 

Anyone else experience a store not opening? It seemed like the employee didn't bother to show up today at my local store. A lot of people showed up and waited until 12:30pm and then could not wait anymore because it was 102 degrees.

went in today (my pro expires 8.18.23) and the guy behind the counter said it would not let him renew. Anyone had this happen before? I know i was on a trade ban with this account...I wonder if they are banning memberships now? 

went in today (my pro expires 8.18.23) and the guy behind the counter said it would not let him renew. Anyone had this happen before? I know i was on a trade ban with this account...I wonder if they are banning memberships now?
Yes, I had a problem like this about 2 months ago. The employee called CS for me and they told me that I needed a new account because they could not fix the problem. My account kept coming up as an expired Elite account.

bread's done
Back