The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Got Callisto Ps5 for $14.99 after coupon, pretty pleased with it at that price
It's worth it at that price. Story was decent to good. As most of said, don't expect Dead Space. You'll get your money's worth and then should be able to trade it back in for at least half of what you paid for at the minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find the post again, but there was recently someone asking about untaxed trade credit. I'm in NY, which historically did not charge tax when paying with trade credit. I bought a pack of cards on Friday with trade credit and was charged tax, which surprised me. I know someone else said NY was untaxed, but check your receipt again because I didn't notice myself until just now.

Similar here in Georgia. I have never been taxed but when I picked up Diablo IV preowned on Saturday I was charged tax while paying completely in trade credit.

I couldn't find the post again, but there was recently someone asking about untaxed trade credit. I'm in NY, which historically did not charge tax when paying with trade credit. I bought a pack of cards on Friday with trade credit and was charged tax, which surprised me. I know someone else said NY was untaxed, but check your receipt again because I didn't notice myself until just now.
I can confirm getting charged tax now when paying with trade credit in NY. This just started very recently. Can also confirm, no one knows what they are doing with online to store returns, now that slips do not show the price paid, GS seems to give back full price, regardless of B1G1, discounts ect.Also refunded to credit card, when paid mostly with trade credit. YMMV though.

I can confirm getting charged tax now when paying with trade credit in NY. This just started very recently. Can also confirm, no one knows what they are doing with online to store returns, now that slips do not show the price paid, GS seems to give back full price, regardless of B1G1, discounts ect.Also refunded to credit card, when paid mostly with trade credit. YMMV though.
My last purchase was on the 16th and no tax. It's going to suck if there is tax going forward. That was one of the perks of using trade credit.

Can in-store power-up rewards coupons that you redeem points for still be used for digital currency (like steam/Xbox/etc) in store? I know you can't do it online anymore.

Can in-store power-up rewards coupons that you redeem points for still be used for digital currency (like steam/Xbox/etc) in store? I know you can't do it online anymore.
Nope. Must be a physical item. Only the pro monthly $5 can be used for currency.

They’re about to lose a lot of pro memberships from those of us that have multiple that used to just farm credit. I mean, they want to get rid of those types of people but it will still be a loss of memberships. I have 2 expiring in the next 2 months that won’t be renewed

probably a no, but has anyone ever been able to use TIC towards gift cards?
Which brand of gift cards? Will work fine for Xbox, PS, and Steam related cards (should also work for the various game currency cards as well), will not work for Visa Prepaid cards, Home Depot, and other stores. Not sure on Netflix cards though

Went in to use my $5 monthly off a $10 PSN card. The B1G1 sign said it was good through 10-7. Not sure if that's old news but that's what the sign said.

Got an email about my rewards coupon needing to be used by the end of the month which confused me because I used it in store a couple weeks ago. It wasn't listed in my active offers but I happened to save the code and it worked when I typed it in online. I'll check it out in store while I'm out tomorrow and see if it works there too.

Got an email about my rewards coupon needing to be used by the end of the month which confused me because I used it in store a couple weeks ago. It wasn't listed in my active offers but I happened to save the code and it worked when I typed it in online. I'll check it out in store while I'm out tomorrow and see if it works there too.
That’s just the double dip working.
It will not work in store.

I haven't seen more than 1 employee working at a time in years at GS. And they don't get paid shit. I don't blame them at all for walking out to go eat. That company is an absolute joke.

You have to use it in-store first. It doesn't have to be in the same day.

Just make sure to either apply it to your online cart first or write it down somewhere, because once it's been used, it gets removed from your active offers and the code can't be retrieved.

It looks like I was charged tax when I paid off my pre-orders with trade credit a few days ago. I had traded a two games toward my pre-order of MK1 for $25.40 ($5 bonus on each). Paying three games off came to around $186, had I not traded the games it would have been around $211. I live in NM for reference.

Upcoming trade deal in September

Trade 2 Get $50 toward any new release (9.10
– 9.23) (around 100 eligible titles)

My guess are the eligible titles will be some of the games that typically are part of the most wanted trade boost they typically have every once in a while. Otherwise the eligible titles won’t be revealed until closer to that date.

I pre-ordered Starfield but there wasn’t a code on the receipt. Should I go back to GameStop to ensure they redeemed the pre-order for me?
I was replying to someone that said they didn’t get their DLC for Armored Core when they picked up the game. Most of the time you don’t get codes on receipts for preorders unless it’s for a beta; DLC codes are on pickup if they’re not just in the game case.

Hey guys anyone has a pro membership I can use to trade in and buy some stuff? (Hopefully building up some points for you to redeem

Thank you if you can PM me that would be very helpful

Hey guys anyone has a pro membership I can use to trade in and buy some stuff? (Hopefully building up some points for you to redeem

Thank you if you can PM me that would be very helpful
You can still get +30% trade in credit when trading in 6+ games without an account, so unless you plan one using it consistently, you could still skip it. A lot of states require ID when trading in so sharing accounts doesn't work.

bread's done
Back