The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I couldn’t find any info on their site about this.

They are having a “promo” where you save $5 on a pro membership for buying nba 2k24 or star field. Yeaaaaaaah
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sitting on $400+ of trade credit at GS, looking for suggestions. PSVR2 or Steamdeck? Any opinions on the GS “refurb” Steamdeck?
looking at some YouTube reviews they haven’t been great, may be worth buying steam cards and getting a new one, I ended up using my credit on a Spider Man PS5 bundle.

I went to GameStop and there are no restrictions printed. I guess it’s b1g2 for Pros. Unfortunately there ain’t shit at my local on clearance.

Ooooh I can but 1 Zach Wilson action figure and get a more for free?!?? What a deal!

I’m sitting on $400+ of trade credit at GS, looking for suggestions. PSVR2 or Steamdeck? Any opinions on the GS “refurb” Steamdeck?
Steamdeck is a better option but personally I'd just use credit on steam cards and buy new as opposed to refurbished as they have that 10% sale every now and then but that's just my opinion.

Awesome didn’t even know I had that option thank you
And if you're not in a rush, you can use the monthly credit to get $5 off the Steam credit.

And then Steam has had a few discounts recently from 10-20% off the Steamdecks so you can wait for one of those (I got 10% off the cheap model back in March or so I think, and then I want to say about a month ago they had a more aggressive discount).

I just used my $5 monthly PUR cert on a $10 gift card for Xbox in store but the receipt code was faded out. For anyone else looking for their currency codes, just go under your Active offers, it shows up right away.

On a side note, the manager was training a new worker and the guy was not even paying attention to what she was saying. It was like he already wanted to quit even though it seemed like his first day.

Codes don't always show up in Active Offers. Less than half of the codes-on-receipt that I've gotten through the past few years have actually done so. I missed out on one code because it was so hot out that the receipt practically disintegrated in my pocket, and the code never showed up in my offers.

I just used my $5 monthly PUR cert on a $10 gift card for Xbox in store but the receipt code was faded out. For anyone else looking for their currency codes, just go under your Active offers, it shows up right away.

On a side note, the manager was training a new worker and the guy was not even paying attention to what she was saying. It was like he already wanted to quit even though it seemed like his first day.
Codes don't always show up in Active Offers. Less than half of the codes-on-receipt that I've gotten through the past few years have actually done so. I missed out on one code because it was so hot out that the receipt practically disintegrated in my pocket, and the code never showed up in my offers.
In the cases where you have the receipt and can see the information it may be wise to take a picture of it with your phone or something then as a possible bandaid solution.

What I do nowadays is just load the code redemption page on my phone immediately (if there is one), and use the code pretty much as I'm walking out the store. Zero chance of anything going wrong.

Figured I’d trade in the last Series S I had (plus 2 other consoles) for a Series X…

No stores within 30 miles have any Series X consoles, including the Diablo bundle

Figured I’d trade in the last Series S I had (plus 2 other consoles) for a Series X…

No stores within 30 miles have any Series X consoles, including the Diablo bundle
ive been checking daily, hoping someone near by would get some in. it has got to the point now that there are no consoles within 37 miles of my location. it is like the mirror opposite of when they did this promo for ps5.

And if you're not in a rush, you can use the monthly credit to get $5 off the Steam credit.

And then Steam has had a few discounts recently from 10-20% off the Steamdecks so you can wait for one of those (I got 10% off the cheap model back in March or so I think, and then I want to say about a month ago they had a more aggressive discount).
So I went and grabbed $400 worth of cards and the GS clerk said he could only sell me $200 in cards per day, that it was GS policy which I thought was extremely weird. I googled it and apparently people are money laundering and doing other scams with Steam cards? Very strange.

So I went and grabbed $400 worth of cards and the GS clerk said he could only sell me $200 in cards per day, that it was GS policy which I thought was extremely weird. I googled it and apparently people are money laundering and doing other scams with Steam cards? Very strange.
Unfortunately it's true but you can just bypass by buying another $200 at another location.Sucks but it's the scammers who ruined things during covid times

All the old people are sending Steam cards to their online ‘boyfriends/girlfriends’ that need them to pay their rent. And you can’t reason with those people that they are getting scammed.

I've heard of old people getting scammed for steam and other stuff but by fake police calls that their grandchild is arrested and they need to pay x amount for bail. It's terrible that people would exploit the elderly.

ive been checking daily, hoping someone near by would get some in. it has got to the point now that there are no consoles within 37 miles of my location. it is like the mirror opposite of when they did this promo for ps5.
They're not available to ship either anymore. I guess they don't ask stores to mail out consoles, that's a relief. I will say that one store now has stock that didn't have it earlier this week on this list lol

xJii7pD.jpg

Meanwhile it's available at 18 Targets, 10 Best Buys and 20 Walmarts in less than a 30 mile radius, it would look much worse if I tried adding up a 50 mile one.

I'm convinced that somebody's 6 year old runs the logistics department at Gamestop. They clearly don't talk to the 7 year old running the promotions department.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop blows, prolly gonna just let my pro membership run up in spring and not renew unless they practically give it away free again at some point.

No longer is there a $5 eShop option unless the employee was clueless- had to buy a $10 and spend $5 with my monthly.

can't even buy $10 eshop on website, says not eligible for monthly coupon.

Only saving grace, I guess, is some stores carry Wii/U/DS/3DS games but the selection is usually paltry and the prices are usually not a steal at all.

GameStop blows, prolly gonna just let my pro membership run up in spring and not renew unless they practically give it away free again at some point.

No longer is there a $5 eShop option unless the employee was clueless- had to buy a $10 and spend $5 with my monthly.

can't even buy $10 eshop on website, says not eligible for monthly coupon.

Only saving grace, I guess, is some stores carry Wii/U/DS/3DS games but the selection is usually paltry and the prices are usually not a steal at all.
$5 Xbox and eShop cards were removed from the system last year IIRC. So $10 is the lowest dollar amount for PS/Xbox/eShop that the monthly cert can be used to buy in-store. They also removed the ability to use the monthly cert on gaming gift cards online. It can only be used to buy physical items.

Last edited by a moderator:
$5 Xbox and eShop cards were removed from the system last year IIRC. So $10 is the lowest dollar amount for PS/Xbox/eShop that the monthly cert can be used to buy in-store. They also removed the ability to use the monthly cert on gaming gift cards online. It can only be used to buy physical items.
I definitely got a $5 gift card receipt sometime earlier this year, feels like a couple months ago

I've been doing the $10 xbox cards for a while now, still 50% off not bad.

I've been doing the $10 xbox cards for a while now, still 50% off not bad.
50% off isn’t bad. But when the membership is $25 you’re essentially paying $85 to get $120 of digital currency. $35 savings through the year but you also have to drive to GameStop each month, and places like Costco sell it routinely for 20% off

50% off isn’t bad. But when the membership is $25 you’re essentially paying $85 to get $120 of digital currency. $35 savings through the year but you also have to drive to GameStop each month, and places like Costco sell it routinely for 20% off
Not to white knight Pro membership but to look at it as the cost directly chops off of the digital currency savings is a fallacy. I certainly don't look at a Costco membership as just the value it has in giving 20% off eShop or PSN, it's just one aspect of it.

There are multiple viable benefits to Pro. I think just in 2% back I get between $10 and $20 back a year, and sometimes there's a trade in deal that's too good to pass up and that can be anywhere from +$3 on the spot to paying for the Pro membership right then and there. Occasionally there's the Pro week or early access to sales stuff too, which is hard to quantify but just takes one deal that's worth it to you to be $5-40 in savings off of one good deal.

Whether all that combined is worth $25 is up to the individual and how often they utilize all the things listed, of course. Also good point on the gas, though a smart shopper will try and multitask their time/gas, be it combined with another store trip or food or just on their way home, rather than going out of their way.

I found more and more stores selling stuff as old as NES this summer. Sadly, my local stores are saying they can't sell anything older than DS in store, but I saw some relatively cheap NES games at some stores in Missouri and Illinois a month ago.

Granted, they were cheap because gamestop tops out at $98.99, and they were worth more than that, but Gamestop is the only store I know of that sells retro that refuses to let customers check boards in store.

because they arent supposed to sell anything except 360/ps3/wii/wiiu/vita/ds in store.   everything else is required to be shipped back for verifications(that obviously dont actually happen) but no stores are "approved" to sell the older

Both copies of Shin Megami Tensei HD remaster PS4 that I double dipped the monthly coupon on were new converted to preowned and thus sealed! A nice surprise for once

Not to white knight Pro membership but to look at it as the cost directly chops off of the digital currency savings is a fallacy. I certainly don't look at a Costco membership as just the value it has in giving 20% off eShop or PSN, it's just one aspect of it.

There are multiple viable benefits to Pro. I think just in 2% back I get between $10 and $20 back a year, and sometimes there's a trade in deal that's too good to pass up and that can be anywhere from +$3 on the spot to paying for the Pro membership right then and there. Occasionally there's the Pro week or early access to sales stuff too, which is hard to quantify but just takes one deal that's worth it to you to be $5-40 in savings off of one good deal.

Whether all that combined is worth $25 is up to the individual and how often they utilize all the things listed, of course. Also good point on the gas, though a smart shopper will try and multitask their time/gas, be it combined with another store trip or food or just on their way home, rather than going out of their way.
You’re right. I wasn’t clear. I currently have 3 of them. So with the ones I’d let lapse, the only benefit of them is the money off of currency. Since I’d still get all the other benefits with only one membership.

If you're planning to buy Xbox Live credit anyway, it really isn't a bad deal. I'm trying to grab games off the 360 marketplace before it closes down next year, so every little bit helps.
Speaking of the 360 marketplace shutting down. Does anyone have a good site with a list of what's only available on the marketplace and nowhere else?

bread's done
Back