The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
So uh I just got Neo for $0.67 after using my $5 monthly. Looks like instore the prices are messed up. They took off 75% of the $39.99 price and gave 10% on top.
attachicon.gif
71848809220__50449183-CEE9-4D31-ABDF-526C040B1F75.jpeg
Anyone else have this experience?

Did anyone get the B2G1 on preowned games to work in store? I bought a preowned game in store today with plans to return/rebuy whenever that deal goes live this week. 

There was no mention from the store associate that there was a preowned sale today and saw no signs in the store.

Holy crap. Do I wipe my console before trading it in? I read somewhere they want to be able to boot it up?
I’d take it off as being home console and wipe it. They just check the controller and console boots up most the time. More then likely it will get changed tomorrow they have Xbox and ps5 trade in values at $385 right now and there’s a bonus 20% for pro that’s why the price is coming out to that.

Did anyone get the B2G1 on preowned games to work in store? I bought a preowned game in store today with plans to return/rebuy whenever that deal goes live this week.

There was no mention from the store associate that there was a preowned sale today and saw no signs in the store.
doesn't start til Wednesday

I managed 10 games between 2 stores. 3rd store was still locked after open time, I might try it tomorrow. 8 of ten were the display copy/guts, I would not expect much different after they filled online orders. Happy to get Ys and Grim Grimore.

Anybody happen to have a screenshot of the Midnight Suns Legacy Edition for $10 on Xbox series X from last night or in their order receipt that they’d be willing to share?

Last edited by a moderator:
Store pickup order from early this morning never processed. The store never received it and corporate confirmed and reassured it would process today or tomorrow. LOL jokers.

I asked for points and they sent me a $5 coupon code.

I'm wondering how many online orders might be cancelled. That ever happen with one of these sales?
They don’t cancel, they end up in limbo.
They are just trying to clear out what’s in store. With their system so fucked up orders haven’t been transferred to stores (because they don’t believed in actual warehouses), these games have been selling to walk ins all day. By the time the system finally catches up, I bet many won’t get fulfilled. The order is then supposed to move to another store, but I doubt there will be any with the inventory.

damn, you are right. the base is $350. i was thinking base was $385. it would only be $420
It's honestly not a terrible deal. You could upgrade to the Forza or the Diablo versions of the console which are on sale for $480 right now for the $60 difference. Not too bad if you have a console that's gotten 3 years of heavy use.

I got rid of my series X for the $420

460 would have been too good to be true

I paid $300 for it on facebook marketplace so i was happy to be rid of it. Havent used it in months

My online for store pick up is in limbo has this happened before with Gamestop they were clueless in store and on the phone?  My card was charged and I also used credit are people just sitting tight?

Yes, everytime there is a big online sale then in store pickup stuff gets screwed up. Good luck getting what your ordered at this point.

Some good deals but I decided not to get anything. I prefer buying games on PC when I can now so I'll hold off for the winter sales.

Wanted the Pokemon games they had for $15 each, but was busy and they sold out lol. Now the price isn't showing and I can't find a store with it in stock, to try and price match somewhere lol.

I did alright, but didn't go crazy because you've got the Prime days sale starting Tuesday and we're also heading into the Christmas season, so it's not like there will be any shortage of sales. 

I ended up with  
Triangle Strategy (Switch)
Crisis Core: Reunion (PS5)
2 copies of Hot Wheels: Rift Rally. 

AR stuff like Hot Wheels or Mario Kart Home Circuit is always gimmicky, but $30 is the kind of price point where it's ok if the novelty of it wears off quickly, and it's a great white elephant or "extra" gift to have laying around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys keep in mind these games will most likely be gutted . like we don’t need 100 people spamming saying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think people are more worried about even getting their items shipped, especially the Collector's Editions like SFVI and HFW. I'm still waiting on a Lies of P Deluxe Edition from the 9/19 launch day restock. Doubt I'll ever get that.

I think people are more worried about even getting their items shipped, especially the Collector's Editions like SFVI and HFW. I'm still waiting on a Lies of P Deluxe Edition from the 9/19 launch day restock. Doubt I'll ever get that.
I luckily got mine after complaining to GameStop since I changed my address so they resent it to me after it was “returned to sender” lol

So HFW CE was actually instock for a bit? Sad I missed it. I guess RE 4 CE was too? Just hoping my SF6 CE ships too and hope it wasn’t oversold

I was going to get Valkyrie after I said I'll get it under $10 and the it finally did i was like its not worth it and I have a backlog anyway. Then I seen strangers of paradise and it went down even farther the next day to $5 and was gonna get both because of that but no stock cause I seen it @ $5 to late

I was going to get Valkyrie after I said I'll get it under $10 and the it finally did i was like its not worth it and I have a backlog anyway. Then I seen strangers of paradise and it went down even farther the next day to $5 and was gonna get both because of that but no stock cause I seen it @ $5 to late
Some games actually became cheaper the next day? No way

Grabbed
Scarlett Nexus
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Tactics Ogre
Persona 5 Royal
Star Ocean the divine force
Valkyrie Elysium
Outriders Worldslayer
Redfall

All were new. Looks lot it's giving an additional 10% off everything including new games. Got all this for $103.

bread's done
Back