The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Ordered on 10-8-23 (30 minutes into the start of Pro Week)

Shipped 1 of 1 on 10-9-23

Estimated delivery on 10-12-23

0. [47.50] Callisto Protocol Collector's Edition (in-store pick-up)

1. [19.99] Dying Light 2 Deluxe Edition (PS4; PS5 UG) 

2. [17.49] Eiyuden Chronicles Rising (PS4; PS5 UG)

3. [9.99] Labyrinth of Zangetsu (PS4; cheaper than NSW)

4. [5.00] Tales of Arise (PS4; PS5 UG)

5. [29.99] The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (NSW)

6. [9.99] Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Next Level Edition (PS5; ain't paying no $10 UG)

ToA clutched! Originally short $1.32 from free shipping. And then I didn't realize until later that there were more games I wanted, but I completely missed them because the busted Gamestop app didn't load the entire catalog at the time...Dying Light Anniversary (PS4), Lacrimosa of Dana Deluxe (PS5), and Untitled Goose Game (PS4) all sold out...not going to pay $7.99 shipping for only Death's Door Ultimate (PS5)...W's and L's here and there. Also disappointed to just having learned that the season pass is NOT physically included within the CE of Callisto Protocol, and the code isn't even on the receipt...I'd like to speak with the manager please ESPECIALLY if Eiyuden doesn't come with the three character cards let alone the steelbook and slipcover for DL2. We shall see. Though, I am very happy to have ordered [19.99] The Ascent Cyber Edition (PS4; PS5 UG) and [44.99] Tunic (PS4; PS5 UG) as well as [2 x 99.99] Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Deluxe (PS5) from Target instead because they offered 20% off everything sitewide (promo ended), including pre-orders, on top of 5% off AND free shipping for simply being a Target card holder. Plus, Target granted me a $10 voucher for spending $50+ (promo also ended) before discounts, promos, and taxes! I HIGHLY recommend everyone apply for the Target Debit Card!

Last edited by a moderator:
My order just shipped.  Ordered 4 games and all 4 shipped together.

Picked up:

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Switch (not on sale but I can't find it in stock anywhere else)

Star Ocean: The Divine Force PS5

R-Type Final 3 Evolved Deluxe Edition PS5

Wanted: Dead PS5

And these workers have to deal with some strange characters coming into their stores.

I was in there lunchtime and this kid came in. Don’t know why the fuck he wasn’t in school. And yes he was obviously a kid, his phone went off while I was there and it said ‘call from mommy.’ Also based on his speech he had some sort of learning disability, And the poor employee had to be polite and put up with his inane questions while the kid just fucked around the store.
Future Gamestop employee spotted

Is the bar that low that answering questions is seen as hard work?
Yes. Dealing with people of all types is part of the job and can be extremely taxing for people with disabilities, or worse, when kids/teens are left to be babysat at the store.

And this hot take:
I get that corporation take advantage of people but, that only happens to those who allow it.

Bro, we live in a world consumed by big box retails and even bigger online retail. Wage theft is the number one form of theft in the USA. Your comment is so "I'm completely out of touch," that it's painful to read on multiple levels. Literally blaming the employees...

Don't comment on stuff you're out of your depth about. Yikes.

People, we're here for the deals, but empathy is free.

Still annoyed the ps5 version of RE gold isn’t discounted
It has a free ps5 upgrade. The dlc is a code and not on disc as wel.

All my items shipped besides cult of the lamb and blade assault.

Got Valkyrie elysium, diofield Xbox, the quarry Xbox, crisis core ps5 and marvel midnight suns legendary edition. Not expecting anything to be sealed tbh with how this sale is going. I managed to find Jedi survivor in store and Neo this week. Last thing I wanted to get was wanted but, I figure that’s probably gonna be cheaper at some point because the game was a flop.

Yes. Dealing with people of all types is part of the job and can be extremely taxing for people with disabilities, or worse, when kids/teens are left to be babysat at the store.

And this hot take:
I get that corporation take advantage of people but, that only happens to those who allow it.

Bro, we live in a world consumed by big box retails and even bigger online retail. Wage theft is the number one form of theft in the USA. Your comment is so "I'm completely out of touch," that it's painful to read on multiple levels. Literally blaming the employees...

Hard to have "empathy" for people that willfully don't do their job at hand. Let's face it...it's Gamestop. It's not rocket science. All they need to know how to do is check people out, stock shelves, take in trades, process online orders, and do returns. Hence why it is a minimum wage job. As another guy posted, most of us are dealt a similar hand in life - but you have to work for success. Employees who whine about doing the most basic, robotic tasks and have an incredibly poor work ethic/entitlement issues are digging their own graves from the perspective of career success.

It's always fun seeing people resort to insults when others don't agree with them and they can't come up with a good argument outside of "you have a different opinion, so you're wrong".

You assume I don't empathize, I do. I've worked at GameStop myself, and several retail jobs. I know when I company overworks people and recognize those problems. But I also know I'm not forced to work for a company forever. I needed a job so I stayed at such places, but I also continued to apply to other places and made sure I got future jobs that treat people better than somewhere like GS

But in the meantime, I didn't shirk my responsibilities, especially when it's the most common task such as shipping out orders and answering customer questions. I took pride in my work despite the other issues as it's not a customers problem that those issues are there, but I also looked for and got a job that worked for me since no one controls where I work but I.

But yes, I'm out of touch. Continue complaining about such small things like talking to customers. When you actually have issues at work, come back to us.

It's always fun seeing people resort to insults when others don't agree with them and they can't come up with a good argument outside of "you have a different opinion, so you're wrong".

You assume I don't empathize, I do. I've worked at GameStop myself, and several retail jobs. I know when I company overworks people and recognize those problems. But I also know I'm not forced to work for a company forever. I needed a job so I stayed at such places, but I also continued to apply to other places and made sure I got future jobs that treat people better than somewhere like GS

But in the meantime, I didn't shirk my responsibilities, especially when it's the most common task such as shipping out orders and answering customer questions. I took pride in my work despite the other issues as it's not a customers problem that those issues are there, but I also looked for and got a job that worked for me since no one controls where I work but I.

But yes, I'm out of touch. Continue complaining about such small things like talking to customers. When you actually have issues at work, come back to us.
Saying you lack empathy isn't an insult, it's an observation, through and through.

And to show how out of touch you continue to be, you think it's just "small things," rather than the amalgamation of years of increased requirements with little to no increase in pay and a reduction of coverage. And not everyone can easily up and leave or find additional jobs.

You think they're "shirking responsibilities," when the reality is, in many single manned stores, they don't have the time to handle everything, so they either work unpaid overtime (because overtime is a no-no in GameStop land) or not get everything done. That will likely lead to getting fired. I wouldn't blame them in handling whats at hand in their physical store than online orders; the person yelling at them today is more pressing than the person angry on twitter or reddit.

And to repeat, wage theft is the largest form of theft, by far, in the USA (unpaid overtime is a form of wage theft, for the record).

Yes, your comments, and a few others, reek of blaming the individuals instead of identifying the root cause. Try having solidarity for the laborer. You sound like the person who'd get mad at someone getting their student loans forgiven because you repaid yours already...

To be clear, you are wrong about this, but you're just comfortably in the majority that doesn't give a crap about people and that they can "just find a better job." Why don't you lend them your boot straps while you're at it?

And this hot take:

Gamestop is stealing from their disabled workers?

Gamestop is stealing from their disabled workers?
No, dealing with people with disabilities takes a lot more time and effort for the staff. That was my bad in typing that incorrectly.

But, yea, they probably are stealing from disabled workers through wage theft.

My PS5 SF6 came in today in its original shipping box that even had the "do not sell until 6.2.23" sticker on it. I'm guessing GS had a bunch of these laying around in the back lol

so...anybody get any gutted new games in the mail?
Not from this week but 4 of my games from a B1G1F order last week came in 2 of them were sealed and 2 of them are guts. Last time they had a sale on new games, I was 7 guts out of 8 games.LOL

I obviously didn't learn anything though since I got 16 more games from the actual Pro-Day sale coming so I guess we'll see. I'm expecting more guts but most of these were super cheap so I don't really care if they're guts.

Does CAG really need to be another Reddit?
82592m.jpg

My PS5 SF6 came in today in its original shipping box that even had the "do not sell until 6.2.23" sticker on it. I'm guessing GS had a bunch of these laying around in the back lol
I feel it's the same with alot of these new collector's edition games, easy go over 200-300 dollars. F buying em at msrp

Grabbed my store pickup items today, and was pleasantly surprised to see a SF6 CE for PS5 chilling in the locked glass display cabinet. Bought it right away. Also a copy of Capcom Fighting Collection for Switch rang up at $12.50 vs $18 online.

Amusingly one of my pickups, Scarlet Nexus PS4, was in a generic case without any cover art, not even the bare printout GameStop usually does. Employee helped me in returning it on the spot for the PS5 version, which they had sealed copies of and is also $4.50, but they ended up paying me $15 back for the PS4 version.

Apparently it’s not possible to price adjust a return to match the sale price paid? He even called his manager about it. It’s a miracle if people aren’t routinely abusing that.

Let's all settle down now. We must shift the discussion to if you got a new or gutted copy or no case.
My Valkyrie which I went and picked up was brand new as said on site still wrapped in its plastics. I asked did they have stranger of paradise considering uts outta stock he said no but then said they do have a used copy maybe I shouldve gotten that one not like it matters.

My Valkyrie which I went and picked up was brand new as said on site still wrapped in its plastics. I asked did they have stranger of paradise considering uts outta stock he said no but then said they do have a used copy maybe I shouldve gotten that one not like it matters.
It matters because pre owned isn't on sale for $5

Every one is dealt the same hand in life for the most part. Unless you’re disabled or have some type of illness that effects you from doing something, you deal your own hand.

I get that corporation take advantage of people but, that only happens to those who allow it. There are jobs out there, it’s just on you to apply or get yourself in the position to do better. The world isn’t going to just give you handouts. People are generally lazy and expect to receive handouts. There’s a huge problem with the new generation and thinking that everything is just going to come to them. A lot of them are not trying to work and rather do the tiktok/streaming/youtube route. I constantly hear it places I eat. I was at a restaurant the other day listening to some kids who play football. One of them was mentioning he is going to be TikTok famous when he grows up and doesn’t want to pursue playing football more or goto college. You get my point though.

Corporation can get blamed for the greed but, people need to do better in general. You allow things to happen to yourself when you play victim. Do something about it or continue to be the victim.
How dare you suggest adults take personal responsibility for their situation. If someone just doesn’t want to do the job they are being paid for they damn well shouldn’t have to do it!

Can't really find anything to pair with starfield so might sit the b2g1 out and just wait for black Friday at this point
I’d recommend to never buy Xbox games full price in general if you care about money. Even with the b2g1 it’s not really worth it imo. You want to play them day 1, just get gamepass. If not, they tend to go on sale very fast because no one buys bc they’re on gamepass

I picked up 6 switch games to fill out my collection.

People need to get other jobs if they don’t like what they’re doing. I don’t understand people that act like they don’t have ability to go else where. I get companies do scummy shit but, you also put yourself in that situation. Don’t enjoy your job do something about it at the end of the day.
You need to understand not everyone is in a situation where they can go without a paycheck. There's also the jobs in an area you live being a big ymmv type thing. If someone relies on public transportation to get to and from work that severely limits where they could work. And forget getting a car and insurance as that'd be most of the paycheck at minimum wage.

Some businesses only pay whatever the minimal wage or just above it/ whatever they can get away with. I recently started a new job but it took about a month to find and get processed in between interviews and natural disaster stuff. If I didn't have a support system I would be screwed.

Sorry to continue this discussion from a few pages back.

Back to deals all 5 titles I ordered shipped out. Here's hoping for 50% not being gutted cart disc only games in generic cases or no case.

Can the Ayn Rand Fan Club take their circle jerk to the Politics Vs forum, please?
Wasn't Galt's Gulch a really popular Halo 1 map?

Labyrinth of Galleria is back to pending, but Void Terrarium 2 is marked as preparing for shipment.

Really wanted Galleria, hope a copy comes through.

I forgot but the power trade with pro week is it standard 30 percent or 40 percent now?

Also the trade 2 for 50 seems to be pulling the correct games.
Got 40% yday w/ preorder bonus.

When is the last time anyone has done a 2 for 50? Most wanted list now has titles that are from this 75% sale.

edit: was looking at the most wanted list instead of the trade2 list

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade2-list-landing

Right? I have one game I definitely want, one I kind of want, and I'm drawing a blank on a third.
These types of sales are always a mixed bag. its kinda hard to find 3 items all in the same price range that are in stock that you want. Sometimes the only option is 3 of the same title :(.

B2G1 on pre owned, but lots of pre owned games are more expensive than Pro week new copies.

Dear lord, GS is such a dumpster fire. Beginning to be apathetic if they ever go under, even as the last B&M chain.

Amazon Prime deal:

$50 "Happy Game & Grub" gift card for $40

Exchange this GAME & GRUB Choice Gift Card at redeem.giftcards.com for a choice of eGift(s) to spend at one or more of these brands: GameStop, XBOX, Grubhub, Buffalo Wild Wings, Domino's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BBVB4WX5/
can i split up the $50 between those gift cards or is it just an extra step to get a gamestop gift card?

bread's done
Back