The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I'm just focusing on the really cheap new games right now. Like ~$5-$15 ones. We have 2+ months of discounts and clearances starting now and there's going to be no shortage of great deals, and other things we want to buy badly. I'm not concerned with any of this $29.99-$39.99 day-old-bread. So far in the last two weeks I've bought:

$5 FF Stranger of Paradise PS5

$10 Valkyrie Elysium PS5

$8 Hades PS4

$18 Dead Cells Castlevania Switch

$17 Windjammers 2 Switch

$15 FF Crisis Core PS4

I'm waiting for things like $20 Resident Evil 4 remake. Also am super jelly of those of you that were able to score a SF6 CE. I wanted one of those.

Buy 2 get 1 is live on pre owned, also SF6 CE is back for PS5/XBX & fire emblem....
then you posted this late last night and I was able to order one on PS5 at about 1am! wonder if it ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
can i split up the $50 between those gift cards or is it just an extra step to get a gamestop gift card?
You can split them between different retailers. I wait to "exchange" for a retailer credit until I need the funds. Ya know, in case one goes bankrupt.

Discover card members may qualify for 5% cash back at Amazon and Target until the end of the year.

Is that Amazon deal just for prime members?
Yes, check around you account's Primes section or try to buy something and you might get a discounted offer or free trial. I got a free 1-month trail back that ended on Sunday (before Prime Days) but then I saw an offer to try Prime for 1 week for $2. I just did that and more than made up for those $2 given the discounts on crap I've had sitting in my Amazon wishlist.

Is anyone else's order status prices messed up? All of mine show some asinine discounts (like $143 savings for a $25 game) and I can't figure out how much I paid for things.

Yeah.

For me my local grocery stores have similar offers quite often. Just this week one had buy $50 in any 3rd party gifts cards, get $10 off groceries next week. Always need to eat so that $10 is easily spent.
Kroger? I get those too when it's 20% off or better. I'm sure everyone knows by now, but please do not buy gift cards in store - only buy gift cards online. So many horror stories about buying what turn out to be empty cards.

B2G1 on pre owned, but lots of pre owned games are more expensive than Pro week new copies.

Dear lord, GS is such a dumpster fire. Beginning to be apathetic if they ever go under, even as the last B&M chain.
Maybe the pre owned copies are in better condition than the new copies, don't be so pessimistic

Oh, FF CC is $15 on PS4? I might go sniff around for a copy
**in-person at Best Buy only. very under the radar. I also don't know if they changed the prices since last week. Those clearances were not available online; were never reflected in the .com listings.

The bottom four titles were all from BB.

You can split them between different retailers. I wait to "exchange" for a retailer credit until I need the funds. Ya know, in case one goes bankrupt.

Discover card members may qualify for 5% cash back at Amazon and Target until the end of the year.
Discover Card also provides a "small balance credit" every statement period. I get a free $1.99 AGC Every month per discover card. Google "small balance credit" for more details

Kroger? I get those too when it's 20% off or better. I'm sure everyone knows by now, but please do not buy gift cards in store - only buy gift cards online. So many horror stories about buying what turn out to be empty cards.
No, don’t have those around me. Have Big Y and Shoprite. Also use my credit card that give 5% back on grocery purchases to save more.

so one of the games I order is Gamestop new what are the chances if I return it I would get 59.99 instead of the promo $15

so one of the games I order is Gamestop new what are the chances if I return it I would get 59.99 instead of the promo $15
In the past it was was high, they do have new tools now to look up payment method and total for online orders. So depends on the employee I suppose.

For those that bought Callisto Protocol CE, did yours have a season pass in the box? Assuming not but just curious, since season passes were included on receipts or sent via emails when it came out.
You have to buy the game in the same transaction to get a season pass code on the receipt in store, or in the same transaction online to get a code in a secondary email.

With my incorrect order of 10 packs of socks all of them were ringing up for the full retail price rather than the clearance plus price sale I'm pretty sure they were purchased with. The store didn't seem to have access to the actual online orders.

Only game I ordered was the Far Cry 6 Ultimate Steelbook for PS5.  Probably was a display copy as it was open, no plastic wrap whatsoever.  The steelbook itself was fine and the Season Pass code wasn't used, but the slipcover was all stickered up and had black streaks all over it like someone had rubbed crap on it.  And the main price sticker looked to have torn off a section of the cover a long time ago, even before the stack of price stickers that had been applied to it.  Even if I Goo Gone some of the sticker remnants and streaks, the slipcover is still gonna look beat up to hell.

Probably shouldn't expect any sealed copies from this outside of games there may be an abundance of at stores. Looks like most of this inventory is being shipped from stores so a lot of these will be gutted copies. If you're lucky and get it shipped from the warehouse, that may be sealed.

My SFVI CE came in, still in the original shipping box but box looks pretty damaged but mostly fairly light looking damage. Haven't gotten around to opening/check it yet though. 

Still have 15 more games coming, roughly half are going to be here tomorrow and the other half still hasn't been picked up. 

I'm 2 for 2 on sealed games. SFVI CE for PS5 and 13 Sentinels for Switch. The big shipments for both my orders come in the next couple of days.

Gamestop has a link to their most wanted on the homepage and it takes you here

https://www.gamestop.com/trade2

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade2-list-landing

which says you will get $25 for each game on the list if you trade 2 of them towards a new game $40 or more, may be worth it if that is true (BIG IF) since there is stuff like Forza Horizon 5, FF16, Hitman 3, etc.

Of course its gamestop so probably won't really work anyways and I imagine it won't add pro week 10% etc

Gamestop has a link to their most wanted on the homepage and it takes you here

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade2-list-landing

which says you will get $25 for each game on the list if you trade 2 of them towards a new game $40 or more, may be worth it if that is true (BIG IF) since there is stuff like Forza Horizon 5, FF16, Hitman 3, etc.

Of course its gamestop so probably won't really work anyways and I imagine it won't add pro week 10% etc
Edit: ah you likely meant Forza Motorsport since it just came out.
Forza Horizon 5 is stellar but probably worth about $25-$30 these days.

Everything of mine (6 games) finally just shipped. Three separate packages, all arriving around Sunday.

I guess they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Holy fk just received my games and only forspoken was sealed. Hope they got Gotham knights deluxe, crisis core and gungrave all for ps5 sealed or im just returning them

Yeah.

For me my local grocery stores have similar offers quite often. Just this week one had buy $50 in any 3rd party gifts cards, get $10 off groceries next week. Always need to eat so that $10 is easily spent.
giant eagle and it's other umbrella stores do a similar offer. Base is 5$ when you spend 50 on a gift card. But they have 5x promos and bonus 5$ which stack. Basically I ended up with 15-30$ in groceries for buying 50$ in gift cards. Though they're catching onto it and not doing those stacked promotions close together as often.

Could someone help me figure out a good deal to get with my AC mirage collectors preorder? I picked it up at launch and paid full price, $150. I usually don’t trade though I keep reading about stacking trades and/or getting 20-40% off with promos. 

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

Could someone help me figure out a good deal to get with my AC mirage collectors preorder? I picked it up at launch and paid full price, $150. I usually don’t trade though I keep reading about stacking trades and/or getting 20-40% off with promos.
Trade two of the games from this list and get 50 when you buy the game in the same transaction.

Otherwise with pro, you should get 40% over the base value of any games you trade when you buy the game. Click on individual games to check their base value [the displayed value on the grid page is 110% of the base value and do not include any other promos.]

My games come in soon. I just OG cases doesn't need to be sealed

I undercut the market and sold all my street fighter collectors editions already. $130 a piece. Greedy sellers are trying $170-180 lol.

Trade two of the games from this list and get 50 when you buy the game in the same transaction.

Otherwise with pro, you should get 40% over the base value of any games you trade when you buy the game. Click on individual games to check their base value [the displayed value on the grid page is 110% of the base value and do not include any other promos.]
Not bad. I'll trade in Luigi Mansion 3 and Mario Odyssey for the $50.

Got Dead Island CE, gutted and missing steelbook

Just great

Edit: Star Ocean and GrimGrimoire also gutted.

I'm expected gutted but damn, shit goes missing and still sell it like new

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Got my 3 games yesterday, and only Tales of Symphonia (PS4) was an actual brand new copy. Mato Anomalies (PS5) and Tactics Ogre (PS5) were both in their original cases and shrink-wrapped (one rather poorly), but both cases had sticker leftovers clearly confirming they weren't new. I'm really surprised GameStop hasn't had a nationwide class-action lawsuit brought against them for this kind of blatant false advertising and ripping off their customers. I know there is or was one going on that only targeted consumers in California, but that doesn't help me in Kentucky lol!

Both orders said shipped but the one still says awaiting carrier pickup...I hope they combined it with the other order. I really wanted the one that is still waiting :(

Just throwing this out there but is anyone interested in trading a $300 Amazon gift card for my $326.24 GameStop gift card?

Returned a Starfield collectors edition and was past the return date so they were nice and gave me a gift card but I would like to buy stuff on Amazon and should’ve did this sooner because I missed out on a $300 Lego Hulkbuster

Have lots of feedback on here but I have feedback on other forums/eBay/mercari

I received one of my order and there was no game inside. Called them up on my lunch break and the person he couldn't order it over the phone and told me to bring the slip and the case to the store. If they don't have it then they can order me a new copy. I'm going to bring it back to the store tomorrow and see what they say.

bread's done
Back