The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Not bad. I'll trade in Luigi Mansion 3 and Mario Odyssey for the $50.
So, I actually got $28.60 for luigi's mansion 3 and $28.20 for Mario Odyssey towards 2k24. Not sure if that was a mistake of if that's how it was supposed to go. $6.20 more than I was expecting

So, I actually got $28.60 for luigi's mansion 3 and $28.20 for Mario Odyssey towards 2k24. Not sure if that was a mistake of if that's how it was supposed to go. $6.20 more than I was expecting
Depends on the base value. You get an additional 10 percent of whatever the base value is in addition to the 25 each. Maybe bonus pro stacked, or maybe the 40 percent per title worked out as a better deal.

Most of the titles aren't so hot for values in the most wanted list. There are a couple totally worth it. Skyrim Anniversary and Modern Warfare remastered are pretty good.

Ordered Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3 (La Pucelle Ragnarok/Rhapsody) but just received the game itself in a sealed bag versus the usual Deluxe Box with the Art Book and Soundtrack. I wish I kept the game sealed but there's probably no recourse in getting the complete version of the game. 

I have more orders coming in today. I don't mind getting the gut but please at least give me what came with the game originally.

Went to my store over lunch

-Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 4 each traded for $42 with pre-order bonus applied

-Minnesota may now be charging tax with trade credit (haven't bought much recently, but tax was charged to my B2G1 in store purchase).  This definitely kills much benefit of me going in store to purchase things as the site typically has much better selection

Flips aren't great, but a few Switch games can net you $42 in credit if you need a filler item for a B2G1 purchase

Interesting because MK8 is listed as 27 base TIV online, so 40% on top of that is $37.8.   I wonder how many of the online TIVs are wrong. 

You got 20% Pro bonus (instead of 10%) on the base TIV in addition to the $25/per title for trading in most wanted games towards a new game $39.99 and up.

Yeah, no interest. Only want to play SF6. Just wondering if any of those extra stuff are worth it
It doesn’t come with the season pass would be the only reason I bought it. It has a steelbook if you’re into that and the statue is whatever. I passed on it too I seen it in store was debating but, I already bought the game earlier this year.

So far only Tales of Arise has come sealed, everything else has been in a plastic "new" sleeve. They sent me the PS5 version of Soul Hackers 2 instead of PS4 (not upset about it since I plan to play on PS5), and a pre owned copy of Diofield Chronicles switch (instead of new). Everything has had cover art so overall pretty good by gamestop standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a local GS to trade in some random loose Switch games towards Wonder and they happened to have the Atrix portable green screen that I've been eyeing on clearance so I had to grab a random 3 clearance items for free. That's a lot of pressure!

So far all my games were gutted. This reminds me why i never buy shit from them. 

Prodeus PS5 

GrimGrimoire Oncemore PS5 

Fairy Fender F: Refrain Chord PS4

Labyrinth of Zangetsu PS4. (Got Labyrinth of Galleria PS4 instead). 

Star Ocean: The Divine Force XB1

All had original cases/artwork. Only one had the dreadful gamestop New Sticker. Disc Condition is good. 

Got 5 more games in, 4 sealed and 1 gut. Unfortunately, the 1 gut was the one I was hoping for a sealed/new copy but oh well. 10 more games to go... of which 8 are not yet picked up.:whistle2:

All ordered new:

PS5 FF Crisis Core - sealed, wow great

PS5 Dead Cells Castlevania - opened, ok at least it's the original case/artwork/disc, this game was released not that long ago..

XSX Marvel Midnight Suns LEGENDARY edition - got the ENHANCED edition opened, not cool, it's like a $70 or $80 difference between those...

ugh, sort of 2 out of 3

Gutted copy is already annoying but the round sticker they use to seal “new” games annoys the hell out of me. Can’t replace them instore either since oos…

Updated! Everything has shipped & started to arrive. Updating conditions, green is NEW & red is "new lol". Grey haven't arrived yet.

SF6CE x4 ps5 (x2 CIB) awaiting 2 more

NFS:U xbx

midnight suns legendary x2 xbx

star wars: savoir deluxe xbx

destroy all humans 2 xbx

ff: crisis core ps5

dead island 2: hella edition xbx

stranger paradise ps5

octopath traveler ps4 x2

porky & rocky ps4

star ocean ps5

​Valkyrie Elysium ps5

fairy fencer f ps4

gta trilogy ps4

ctr xbx

saints row: notorious edition (ps4, season pass alone is $30, steelbook and ps5 upgrade)

quarry ps5

callisto protocol ps5

goat simulator xbx

wwe 2k23 xbx x2 (1 open)

evil dead xbx

kirby & zelda shirt

super mega baseball 4

FE: 3 Hopes

atrix 33 led lights x2

zelda long sleeve shirt
Most will be added to the backlog or flipped back eventually. So I don't really mind if I receive gutted copies as long as the titles are complete & the are the right editions. At these prices, I don't mind at all.

One of the best GS sales since the buy 1 get 1 PO was stacking with BF pricing a few years ago. If only the PS5 versions were xbx pricing, I would have been super pleased.

Also got 50/50. Bummed that DL2 didn't come with its original cardboard slipcover but code unused at least. Also annoyed after discovering that Eiyuden is actually NOT upgradeable to PS5...despite the fact that the official subreddit claims you can...not that big of an issue really, but there are worn bent creases on the Isha (bottom left), CJ (top right), and Garoo (near top left) cards...going to hunt down a PS5 copy at my local stores and see if they'll let me do an even exchange. Also going to launch a complaint about the missing season pass for Callisto CE. Although only under $5, otf about keeping ToA because I didn't like being thrown into chaotic battles at level 25 in the demo, but then again...$5, so idk. Happy with TTW, shiny cover art! And Zangetsu is clean af!

[attachment=38237:whistle2:4992567206206352641_121.jpg]

Also got 50/50. Bummed that DL2 didn't come with its original cardboard slipcover but code unused at least. Also annoyed after discovering that Eiyuden is actually NOT upgradeable to PS5...despite the fact that the official subreddit claims you can...not that big of an issue really, but there are worn bent creases on the Isha (bottom left), CJ (top right), and Garoo (near top left) cards...going to hunt down a PS5 copy at my local stores and see if they'll let me do an even exchange. Also going to launch a complaint about the missing season pass for Callisto CE. Although only under $5, otf about keeping ToA because I didn't like being thrown into chaotic battles at level 25 in the demo, but then again...$5, so idk. Happy with TTW, shiny cover art! And Zangetsu is clean af!

-4992567206206352641_121.jpg
Callisto season pass was only given at launch during release, they aren’t gonna do anything about it.

At least some of you guys got cases. My copy of Tiny Tina came with just a white disc sleeve. No case, no codes, nothing. Just a white sleeve with a "NEW" sticker on it. What a joke.

Y'all are lucky, mine aren't arriving until Sat and Mon.  And I'm a dumb-dumb who shipped them to my in-laws, so I'll have to run across town for them.  Lame.

I'm excited for my gutted games!

im 8/9 gutted so far. i think being in louisville, KY has me SOL since they closed the warehouse in kentucky now i get scraps from new york or whatever. It use to be great i use to get ALL sealed and great looking, not anymore.

So far all my games were gutted. This reminds me why i never buy shit from them.

Prodeus PS5
GrimGrimoire Oncemore PS5
Fairy Fender F: Refrain Chord PS4
Labyrinth of Zangetsu PS4. (Got Labyrinth of Galleria PS4 instead).
Star Ocean: The Divine Force XB1

All had original cases/artwork. Only one had the dreadful gamestop New Sticker. Disc Condition is good.
Cracking up at them sending Labyrinth of Galleria instead. The person packing it was probably like ‘eh..close enough’.

Got grimgrimoire deluxe gutted but at least it came with the artbook and soundtrack so I’ll take it as a win

Order #2 arrived...all factory sealed except The Quarry...will return or exchange in store for an actual sealed one if they got it. Order #1 still hasn't moved passed saying Shipped and tracking stating awaiting items. Bums me out cause those are the items I want the most: Hot Wheels Rift Rally CE and HELL-A Dead Island 2. I hope they actually ship or USPS starts moving

im 8/9 gutted so far. i think being in louisville, KY has me SOL since they closed the warehouse in kentucky now i get scraps from new york or whatever. It use to be great i use to get ALL sealed and great looking, not anymore.
Hey hey, Louisville here also! I was worried when they moved from Commerce Crossing out to Shepherdsville that things might get worse. Now that they have closed Shepherdsville too, its gotten really bad!

I placed one order in store since I didn’t have enough for free shipping online.  Mato Anomalies, Triangle Strategy and Diofield all for Switch.  I’m expecting guts, but as long as they are complete I am okay with that since i paid using a GC I bought for 20% off.  All are still awaiting carrier pickup though.  

Seeing people whine about gutted games, missing cases, or loose discs on Facebook is also entertaining.

Always a whole new generation of people ready to be let down by GameStop. 

Callisto season pass was only given at launch during release, they aren’t gonna do anything about it.
No this is inaccurate. The CE & game was a “soft bundle” so the game has to be in the same transaction as the CE for the register to print a season pass code on the receipt.

Well I lucked out as both my Saints Row on XBox & SF 6 CE on PS5 were both factory sealed.

I didn’t care about Saints Row as I was just wanting a cheap replacement disc for my CE (won a digital copy just after launch & traded my disc into GS while it still had value.)

Grabbed a few more "new" games before the sale ended.

Big Brain Academy - Switch - $14.99

Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed -Xbox - $9.99

Where’d u sell it that people actually bought em lol
Facebook marketplace. I sell tons of games and I really do try to make it as cheap as possible.

Last few events I've done booth has been the best booth in terms of prices and items.

If I get say Mario party 6 for $5 and eBay is average $80 I'll do $55-60

Most of my games came sealed.

Well I lucked out as both my Saints Row on XBox & SF 6 CE on PS5 were both factory sealed.
Of the four games I ordered, all but one were factory-sealed, which I'm pleasantly surprised by. And for the one that was gutted (Jedi Survivor deluxe), the price sticker peeled right off, the disc looked untouched, and the cosmetic DLC code redeemed fine, so whatever. I couldn't pick it up locally, and no one was price-matching that, so I'm happy enough.

Just received Kirby Star Allies (open and stickered), but my Dead Island 2 was surprisingly factory sealed.  Waiting on quite a few things now, but very happy with my shipments so far

I just got my marvel midnight suns legendary edition for Xbox. Gutted copy no code, contacted gs by phone they told me to contact the game provider for help…. Yeah because they’re the ones who decided to not put the code inside the case of an open game. What a joke.

Rest of my games arrived all rewrapped.
Fire Emblem warriors 3 hopes
Star ocean 6 Divine Force ps4
Strangers of Paradise ps4
Octopath Traveler 2 ps4

Very obvious with fire emblem warriors 3 hopes since their wrapping thing only does 1 size xD.

But at least they seem to all have their coverart.

My order arrived today:

Switch:

Gal*Gun: Double Piece (gutted, not sealed but complete)

DC League of Superpets (new)

Warhammer 40K Shootas, Blood & Teef (new)

Slaycation Paradise (gutted, in a polybag)

Xbox:

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Next Level Edition (gutted, in a polybag)

Wanted Dead (new)

Midnight Suns Legendary Edition (new)

Today's package wasn't good 3 of 4 are guts. GrimGrimoire PS5 was one of the guts and there was nothing inside the case, I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a manual and DLC slip? 

bread's done
Back