The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I don’t mind gutted games but selling used games as new I am not ok with.
3d43b4ef5be0799c3349fd6bed2db9e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rest of my games comes, 2 still sealed, rest is GS "new" with that disgusting circle sticker

Didn't get shafted with GS ""new""

And I got some weird shit with GS as well, my AC Mirage CE canceled by them, fully expect it gone since order removed from my account history, manualy search the order indicated it canceled.

Today it arrived with brand new order number, has no tie to my account, CC got charged for the msrp 149.99 without tax. Anyone seen something like this before?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's package wasn't good 3 of 4 are guts. GrimGrimoire PS5 was one of the guts and there was nothing inside the case, I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a manual and DLC slip?
There supposed to be a code and small art booklet for GrimGrimoire

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Facebook marketplace. I sell tons of games and I really do try to make it as cheap as possible.

Last few events I've done booth has been the best booth in terms of prices and items.

If I get say Mario party 6 for $5 and eBay is average $80 I'll do $55-60

Most of my games came sealed.
Mi tried making an account but didn’t let me cuz it wasn’t my main account lol. Sadly can’t use it ugh

No this is inaccurate. The CE & game was a “soft bundle” so the game has to be in the same transaction as the CE for the register to print a season pass code on the receipt.
Guess I should’ve bought the CE with the game in one transaction? If that was the case then I done goofed

Got my b2g1 pre owned switch games. 1 generic case and 2 no case. Going to go return them so hopefully gamestop is still messing up the value of returns lol

Edit: went to return all 3 games that I paid $85 credit for. Ended up returning 2 for $85 cash and keeping the third. I told him it was b2g1 and that I paid credit But 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Damn, same boat on the Callisto CE. And I used my $5 monthly voucher too...for every unsold CEs in the wilderness that is GS, there should also be the same number of unprinted seasons pass codes regardless of time. No wonder the employee asked me "For which system?" Had I said PS5 maybe I would've gotten the code on the receipt cuz as of now it says "no game"...will speak to the manager tmrw and see if they can help me do a retroactive purchase and then a return since I already own the game. All else fails, will request a $15 partial refund since the season pass is currently priced at $14.99 on PSN. GS shenanigans, and they push Pro/Pro renewals so damn hard while sneaking in GPGs (happened to me once, caught him red-handed) all the while their corpo masters choose not to hire competent IT professionals...Hot Topic gives you $5 every month without all the unnecessary baggage and force-feeding...

I placed an order for pickup for Callisto CE and didn’t get any type of receipt so either way I wasn’t gonna receive no season pass. No email either lol

Updated 10/13! Everything has shipped & started to arrive. Updating conditions, green is NEW & red is "new lol". Grey haven't arrived yet.

SF6CE x4 ps5 (x4 CIB)

NFS:U xbx

midnight suns legendary x2 xbx w slip covers.

star wars: savoir deluxe xbx

destroy all humans 2 xbx

ff: crisis core ps5

dead island 2: hella edition xbx

stranger paradise ps5

octopath traveler ps4 x2 (1 open)

porky & rocky ps4

star ocean ps5

​Valkyrie Elysium ps5

fairy fencer f ps4

gta trilogy ps4

ctr xbx

saints row: notorious edition (ps4, season pass alone is $30, steelbook and ps5 upgrade)

quarry ps5

callisto protocol ps5

callisto protocol collector edition

goat simulator xbx

wwe 2k23 xbx x2 (1 open)

evil dead xbx

kirby & zelda shirt

super mega baseball 4

FE: 3 Hopes

atrix 33 led lights x2

zelda long sleeve shirt
Just awaiting DI: hella edition

No this is inaccurate. The CE & game was a “soft bundle” so the game has to be in the same transaction as the CE for the register to print a season pass code on the receipt.
Mostly ever store is out of the game, and rare to find the CE. Luckily, I got the game online and found the CE today in store. I will attempt a return rebuy, getting both in one transaction and report back. Thanks for the heads up!

My store has sfvi collectors for ps5 and Xbox one. I am half tempted to buy one. Somebody posted before but this new / opened/ not case thing has been going on for years. Weird how everyone forgets.

Stopped by several stores around my area and learned that their return policy works against buyers. If you originally purchased new and received gutted copies despite there being "New" sticker labels, employees (depends who you talk to ofc) may NOT process your refund at all because your games are "technically opened" therefore "used/pre-owned" which is just...utter 8$. I surmise they will also not accept returns if your games, whether sealed/unsealed, did not come with any stickers; in which case, I'll just keep my $5 copy of Tales of Arise so whatever. Anyone else getting "[a]waiting product availability" for certain games? I got a game with the "Redbox rental disc" caption imprinted all around the disc LMFAO.

This is how my copy of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 for Xbox Series X came. I'm not pleased, as that was the game I wanted/was excited for the most. Needless to say it's getting returned tomorrow.
You can try to find a replacement or extra display copy at your stores. Explain to them your situation, confident they'll give you another case with cover art.

You can try to find a replacement or extra display copy at your stores. Explain to them your situation, confident they'll give you another case with cover art.
Yeah I've done this in the past, but I've been looking for this particular game for a while (to use my $5 monthly on) and none in my area have had it. I've (luckily) always come across pretty laid back employees, so I'm confident I can get a return done.

Not that this isn't common with Gamestop, but it still blows my mind this is somehow legal. Not that they're the only game stores that do this. The last Play N Trade near me just went out of business, and practically their whole store was gutted "new" games.

Bought 10 games from that sale last week and got them today. What a total joke this company is

Alice Gear PS5 - No Shrink wrap, leftover sticker on the front that they tore off

Adventure Academia PS4 - No Shrink wrap, leftover sticker on the front that they tore off

Clive and Wrench PS5 - No Shrink wrap, leftover sticker on the front that they tore off

Curse of the Sea Rats PS5 - No Shrink wrap, leftover sticker on the front that they tore off

God of Rock PS5 - Shrink Wrapped still

Labyrinth of Zangetsu PS4 - No Shrink wrap, leftover sticker on the front that they tore off

Mato Anomalies PS5 - Shrink Wrapped still

Recompile Limited Edition - Cardboard covering the steelbook is damaged, steelbook is dented and they slapped a Gamestop sticker on the front

Risen PS4 - No Shrink wrap, leftover sticker on the front that they tore off

Townsmen VR PS5 - No Shrink wrap, leftover sticker on the front that they tore off

This is a joke for new products

I received the rest of my two orders yesterday. This is how it shaked out for me:

Order #1

- Street Fighter 6 Collector's Edition (PS5) - sealed

- Dead Island 2 Hella Edition (Xbox Series X) - sealed

- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Edition (Xbox Series X) - sealed

- Space Invaders Forever Special Edition (Switch) - sealed

- Need for Speed Unbound (Xbox Series X) - Gamestop "new", complete

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 (Xbox Series X) - pre-owned, gutted, gamestop case, marked as new

- Snorlax Stay Chill t-shirt - sealed

Order #2

- 13 Sentinels (Switch) - sealed

- Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Festival - Gamestop "new", complete

- LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (Xbox Series X) - Gamestop "new", complete

- Neo The World Ends with You (PS4) - Gamestop "new", complete

- Octopath Traveler II (PS4) - Gamestop "new", complete

- Sonic Kanji t-shirt - technically new?

For the second order, 13 Sentinels was shipped separately. For the rest of the order, all the games were wrapped in the t-shirt (which probably came off the rack) and put in a way too large box with one small sheet of brown paper underneath. I'm kind of amazed they made it to me safely.

Technically I haven't bought anything pre-owned from Gamestop's website since 2019. I just never want to risk disc-only or poor condition games, though the same risk is inherent in new games too unfortunately. 

People should understand that "new" at GameStop just means it isn't a trade in.

However, I feel like the gutted game problem has gotten worse in recent years. I suspect this is do to the increase in usage of stores as fulfillment centers. Back in the day, when games mostly came from warehouses, there was no incentive to gut the games. Now most stuff is shipped directly from stores where usually at least one copy of each game is gutted for display.

I was able to nab last copies of FF: Stranger of Paradise and Star Ocean on PS5 today. They weren't there a few days ago. The employee working told me someone returned them recently because they were gutted copies. Not bad for $15 and some change!

I think plenty of people understand the concept of "new" from GS... I think what most of us that have shopped there long enough are just caught off guard by how often we get GS "new" these days and how GS "new" is getting worse (missing extras, no case, etc). 5 or 6 years ago, I remember getting maybe 1-2 guts a year. Over the past year or two, it's been like... 50% of my new games are gutted. 

Game without cellophane, not new, proceed to REEEEE

Shirt, literally can be tried on by tons of people before you buy it, still new.

It's arbitrary. Not getting everything that comes with a new game is bad, but just being gutted always makes me chuckle.

I might be more cranky, like I was when I first got a gutted game, but I got over it. That was about twenty years ago.

Guess I should’ve bought the CE with the game in one transaction? If that was the case then I done goofed
If you’re a Pro you could still return & rebuy the CE today with the game & only pay the cost of the game. If you do it tomorrow, even as a Pro, you’ll just have to pay 10% more for the CE & game.

Updated 10/13! Everything has shipped & started to arrive. Updating conditions, green is NEW & red is "new lol". Grey haven't arrived yet.
Just awaiting DI: hella edition
Mostly ever store is out of the game, and rare to find the CE. Luckily, I got the game online and found the CE today in store. I will attempt a return rebuy, getting both in one transaction and report back. Thanks for the heads up!
I got the Series X version at launch & that’s how it worked so as far as I know it should still work the same. Just beware if you do it after today you’ll have to pay 10% more as the bonus discount for Pro members will expire.

Game without cellophane, not new, proceed to REEEEE

Shirt, literally can be tried on by tons of people before you buy it, still new.

It's arbitrary. Not getting everything that comes with a new game is bad, but just being gutted always makes me chuckle.

I might be more cranky, like I was when I first got a gutted game, but I got over it. That was about twenty years ago.
At these prices I don't give a shit. They're cheaper than pre owned prices and they are (almost) guaranteed to have case and cover art. I do feel like it's stupid that they can't come up with a better solution for display cases, but ultimately if the price is right it's worth the gamble. I'd be more annoyed if I got a $60-70 game and it came gutted, but I don't pay that much for a game at gamestop generally.

Out of 8 games. 4 were opened. Two had sales stickers on them.

One was supposed to be new but was opened (not surprising) but didn't even have a cover. It came all the way from Texas to the east coast.

I took it to my local store and they swapped it with a new one that was sealed. They had a couple copies (Gotham Knights)

For the price I would have been ok had the game had a cover. I wonder what was going through their mind trying to sell me a game in a case without even a printed out cover as new

Out of 8 games. 4 were opened. Two had sales stickers on them.

One was supposed to be new but was opened (not surprising) but didn't even have a cover. It came all the way from Texas to the east coast.

I took it to my local store and they swapped it with a new one that was sealed. They had a couple copies (Gotham Knights)

For the price I would have been ok had the game had a cover. I wonder what was going through their mind trying to sell me a game in a case without even a printed out cover as new
Because they have to fulfill orders from online for ship from store or else risk being fired. Simple as that.

People can dislike it or complain but it is corporate shit rolling downhill that causes all of these problems. It's only going to get worse too, unless something major changes they are going to continue to shrink warehouse space and services and increasingly use stores to fulfill orders.

Oh and specifically why they didn't even print a cover or something? The employees left at gamestop are either completely useless, the very few long term people who are way too invested, or brand new with zero training.

I think plenty of people understand the concept of "new" from GS... I think what most of us that have shopped there long enough are just caught off guard by how often we get GS "new" these days and how GS "new" is getting worse (missing extras, no case, etc). 5 or 6 years ago, I remember getting maybe 1-2 guts a year. Over the past year or two, it's been like... 50% of my new games are gutted.
That's totally fair. I think my original comment came across a little harsher than I intended.

Last few days, picked up a bunch of PS4 games at a bunch of different GameStops in my town/city and some others around it.

All pre-owned (and look barely touched or were clean - talk about getting my luck of the draw/pool here), except ones I'll list as new (which were new and sealed).

For PS4...

COD: Modern Warfare (2019) = $10

COD: Vanguard [new] = $12

NEO: The World Ends With You [new] = $10

Killzone: Shadow Fall = $4 

Tales of Arise [new] = $5

Persona 5 (original) = $5

My Pro-Day summary.  Placed two orders within an hour of Pro-day starting.  I got double charged on my gift card for the first order.  I got that corrected with multiple calls to customer service and that order finally shipped.  My second order shipped out in two separate shipments and went to some random address out of state that seemed to get crossed with my order.  Those have both been delivered to the wrong address despite customer service claiming they'd be intercepted and delivered to me.  Supposedly after calling again, replacements will be sent to me (2/3 of the games are now out of stock so that's not going to happen and I will likely have to call again next week).  Finally received my first order today and 3/4 games were gutted in sleeve only (I'm okay with open titles but no cases is completely unacceptable).  I tracked down the store they shipped from and called and of course they have the cases (with no way of getting them to me..."we are soooo sorry").  Customer service gave me instructions to return the games to the store and then replacements will ship.  I see a pending replacement order on my account that says "waiting for trade in to be received" but of the 3 stores I stopped at, nobody knew anything about that process and would only return/refund them, which ended up being my only option.   I've stuck around with GS as things have been heading south but I think I'm done with the store.  No amount of savings is worth this BS.  

Received my order today.

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Switch (opened, complete)

Star Ocean: The Divine Force PS5 (opened, complete)

R-Type Final 3 Evolved Deluxe Edition PS5 (sealed)

Wanted: Dead PS5 (opened, complete)

Karma got me, I laughed at them sending Labyrinth of Galleria instead of Labyrinth of Zangetsu to another guy and they did the same to me.
Dead Island 2 came sealed and the ones that were gutted looked new, so I’ll take it as a marginal W. Not happy about Gta trilogy being disc only when I bought it new but I lower my expectations now.

[attachment=38244:IMG_1890.jpeg]

https://www.gamestop.com/fullreturnpolicy/

New returns policy for new games and exchange policy for defective games at Gamestop.  Saw it on a receipt for today.  Now there’s a difference between pro and not pro.

For new games 15 days if you aren’t pro and 30 for pro.  used to be 30 for all.

For defective games, 15 days if you aren’t pro and 30 for Pro.  Used to be 30 for all.  

I just want to say I appreciate gamestop's new game opening service. I just wish they were doing this during the ps1/cd era. plastic wrap AND sticker on top? no thank you.

My last 6 games came in... started off good with my first two packages (5 sealed, 1 gut) but man, talk about crash and burn... my last 10 games were all guts (including 1 missing extras and 1 that was the wrong system). 

EDIT* Anyone know or think I'll be hassled a lot for return "new" games when they're not sealed in any fashion? Most of my guts have the circle stickers or are in bags, but there's two that have neither and do not even have the "new" price tag sticker. 

Ugh my order was split into 3 packages and 1 has been in "awaiting carrier pickup" status for a week.

I'm totally boned on that order aren;t I?

Anyone have experience with gamestop refunding an order with B2g1 items in it properly? I have a feeling they will try to screw me and Ill somehow end up paying way more for each item that I actually got. Unfortunately the missing box had a lot of the B2G1 items

Well we are all used to getting games with no cases. Today was my first time getting a case with no game! Pikmen 4 came with just a case. Called customer service. They told me to go to a store. That store told me to go to another store. And that store told me it has to go through LP. So I wasted my time driving around for no reason and now I just have to wait

All 3 of my orders came this week. Glad I ordered 2 copies of each game as some of these "New" games were missing cases. Seriously? Now to return about 15 games to GameStop. I'm sure they will be thrilled to return all of these. Sadly if I had confidence games would be New, I would have ordered only one.

All 3 of my orders came this week. Glad I ordered 2 copies of each game as some of these "New" games were missing cases. Seriously? Now to return about 15 games to GameStop. I'm sure they will be thrilled to return all of these. Sadly if I had confidence games would be New, I would have ordered only one.
You've seen the posts that crop up sometimes from people who can't access the website? Your account will be blocked if you return that many games. I'm not sure if setting up a new account fixes it.

bread's done
Back