The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Traded Rift Apart, UFC 4, Hitman 3, and Pokémon Sword towards Mario and spider-man yesterday in same transaction. Spider-man was a fully paid off preorder, so I got all that credit applied to the Mario wonder purchase and walked out with $39 TC back.

They originally said they couldn’t take R&C after scanning it, when she looked it up it worked. I guess because the SKU was the launch edition and that’s flagged as not being accepted ‍♂
So you were able to trade in 4 games towards Mario Wonder in the same transaction and get a base TIV of $25 each for a total base TIV of $100?

So you were able to trade in 4 games towards Mario Wonder in the same transaction and get a base TIV of $25 each for a total base TIV of $100?
He got Spider-Man 2 in the same transaction, so all four games were bumped. Even if Spider-Man 2 was fully paid-off, it's still being "bought" in the transaction, so the T2G50 applies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop Customer Service is now apparently calling to remind you of upcoming preorders to pickup. They even emailed me a support ticket after the call. Local store confirmed that they are doing this. It was a real person and not an automatic recording either.

Gamestop Customer Service is now apparently calling to remind you of upcoming preorders to pickup. They even emailed me a support ticket after the call. Local store confirmed that they are doing this. It was a real person and not an automatic recording either.
i got an email specifically telling me about an in store preorder of spiderman 2

He got Spider-Man 2 in the same transaction, so all four games were bumped. Even if Spider-Man 2 was fully paid-off, it's still being "bought" in the transaction, so the T2G50 applies.
Yes, this is what happened. 2 games traded per purchase, just all in the same transaction. I was just confirming that multiple can be done at once.

GameStop wouldn’t let me redeem in-store rewards certs for gift cards earlier. Is this something new or was the clerk mistaken? I know I’ve used them for gift cards before.

I traded in Cold War PS5 and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart for $50 towards SMB Wonder. Don’t think my GS knew anything about the deal either but it worked like a charm with no issues.

when i went in to pick up spider man and mario someone was in line ahead of me returning a copy of R-Type Final 3 from the website that came as two discs, one in a black generic case with no stickers or artwork, one in a white paper sleeve. I guess at least they sent the bonus disc with it.

are you looking at 1 or 2? 2 STARTS at $36 with recent sales higher and room for growth. I'm not saying you don't provide good points for taking the credit, but prices look better than you claim

Btw Amazon starts at $45.
Im talking about Baldur's Gate 1+2 on PS4 not divinity

Gamestop is such a pain in the ass to deal with. Had to return a game and they now have the tools to look up what you paid, how you paid, etc. (Ymmv on employees knowing the tool exists and how to use it). Because I paid with PayPal, apparently they can't refund that in store because it isn't a method of payment they accept. Luckily it was a small return and he called his manager and he told him to give me cash as a one time exception. He said in the future PayPal orders must be returned online and can't be done in store. Very silly because my return was for $15 and it would have cost $8.99 to do an online return. This company is a joke. Just a warning for those that use PayPal on occasion with gamestop
[attachment=38279:1679414407970.jpeg]

I use PayPal. No hassle (yes happy) returns.

Did anyone else not get their acrylic stand for sonic superstars? Looking on Ebay it's going for like 30 wtf
Sometimes stores get preorder bonuses late. Did you ask when you picked up?
My Harvest Moon cow plush was late getting in, but my store looked into it and called me when they finally got it.

attachicon.gif
1679414407970.jpeg

I use PayPal. No hassle (yes happy) returns.
Cuz that's what I want: a disgruntled part-time GS employee handling (even more workload with) my expensive Paypal returns. what could go wrong.

Nothing's catching my eye right now. Are there any games aside from Mario + SpiderMan 2 that are objectively good pickups right now that are $40? This is for holding/resell value more than anything. 

Callisto Collector's just dropped down to $25...so glad I didn't open my box yet. Will take the L on that $5 monthly voucher if it means saving me $15.

Callisto Collector's just dropped down to $25...so glad I didn't open my box yet. Will take the L on that $5 monthly voucher if it means saving me $15.
I think I bought the base game for $30 to support the developer. Haven’t opened it yet. I know this is a common cag tale.

I only have one game on that trade 2 most wanted list. Any quick flips I can use as my second game? I don’t mind losing a couple bucks.
Bestbuy has Miles Morales for PS4,PS5. UFC 4 PS4, Jedi Fallen order PS5, all for $20, all on 2 fir $50 list. MILES sale ends Sunday night. Other 2 are regular price. Just check that 2 for $50 is still active.

Nothing's catching my eye right now. Are there any games aside from Mario + SpiderMan 2 that are objectively good pickups right now that are $40? This is for holding/resell value more than anything.

Just pick up anything they have sealed, and change your mind tomorrow and return it for the credit. Use the credit when a game you want comes out.

I mean it's right on the receipt. 7 days to return preowned for any reason.15 days for new or 30 days for new if you are pro. Only times you might run in to trouble, is if your Gamestop new, games, or if you order online and your order gets delayed.

The pickup from store inventory checker is working again, and not only that, but now it tells you how many copies of an item are at that store! The same rule from before applies: it won't show an item as in stock if there's only one copy left.

So due to a price error in my favor, I now a rewards account again (zero dollars out of my pocket, gave an employee a +1 *shrug*).

Can I still buy Steam bucks with the monthly coupons? 

Edit:  For clarity, pre-coffee...

So do to a price error in my mistake, I now a rewards account again (zero dollars out of my pocket, gave an employee a +1 *shrug*).

Can I still buy Steam bucks with the monthly coupons?
I have been buying $20 Steam cards for $15 for the last few months without any issues.

Can the $50 trade bump for PS5 purchase be used on multiple consoles? I may be willing to part with my OG Xbox One and PS4 if I can get almost $200 for them total. 

The pickup from store inventory checker is working again, and not only that, but now it tells you how many copies of an item are at that store! The same rule from before applies: it won't show an item as in stock if there's only one copy left.
To be fair, that last copy is probably opened and on display or has those GameStop coverslips.

So I'm looking to possibly trade in my PS5 system for the new Spiderman PS5 is now the time to do that or wait until possibly a Black Friday trade in bonus (if any)?

So I'm looking to possibly trade in my PS5 system for the new Spiderman PS5 is now the time to do that or wait until possibly a Black Friday trade in bonus (if any)?
I think that might depend on how limited you think the console is going to be. I honestly don't remember the last limited edition console (Halo?) that sold at retail and how long that lasted.

bread's done
Back