The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel the same about Miles. He was created to succeed Peter Parker after he died and then they put him in the same universe that already has a Spiderman and his mom is also revived. It's like he isn't allowed to have events and a story to shape his character.

Pride flags and nonbinary Spanish

Middle-Eastern version seems to be the definitive version if you don't want to see any pandering.
This is poetry. Other CAGs spit paragraphs of “Deep Thoughts” but you continue to drop perfect bars. I really want to believe you’re IATCG’s final form.

Guys, the easiest way to deal with said toolboxes is ask them to define woke.

They either can't, or when they do, out themselves as a bigot.

Seems like our friend here did the latter.

And SpiderMan can't be buggy, silly. Spiders are arachnids, not bugs.

Also, I think it's funny when cranks and bigots bitch about superheroes. They've always been written from the counter culture perspective predominantly and meant to be inclusive.

It's like the whole plot of the XMEN misses these turds somehow. What are they doing, picking up the weekly issue and hoping a Sentinel steps on Jean Gray?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scared to watch for spoilers lol. The reality is the entertainment industry and games in general are very far left and there’s probably no getting around this in the future either. So it’s either deal with it or don’t play the games.
I wish video games had any kind of marxism, it's worship of violence and capital through and through

It depends who you ask, if you ask someone on the progressive end of the political spectrum they'll probably tell you that being woke means demonstrating a greater awareness of the systematic injustices, oppression, and inequality of modern society, and making some effort to pass that awareness onto the audience. It's about educating people and helping them to broaden their mind to see the world from a different perspective giving more visibility to groups that didn't get a fair shot in the past and inspiring a greater sense of compassion and acceptance of people who happens to look and think different from you.

On the other hand if you ask someone on the opposite side, they'll tell you it's a divisive structured ideology who aggressively pushes hardcore left wing political agenda into every last bit of entertainment demonizing anyone who dares push back against it calling them racists, bigots, nazi, etc. Undermining western cultural values, hijacking long established characters and franchises, and generally chipping away at the foundation of everything that our culture is built on.

Seems like our friend here did the latter.

Also, I think it's funny when cranks and bigots bitch about superheroes. They've always been written from the counter culture perspective predominantly and meant to be inclusive.

It's like the whole plot of the XMEN misses these turds somehow. What are they doing, picking up the weekly issue and hoping a Sentinel steps on Jean Gray?
It'd be nice if a sentinel stepped on Jean from evolution because that version deserves it. Especially the vigilante girl power episode where they nearly die.

Rogue and boomboom blonde jubilee were great though. Shadowcat was OK but underutilized and she easily had the strongest ability of the group next to Rogue.

It depends who you ask, if you ask someone on the progressive end of the political spectrum they'll probably tell you that being woke means demonstrating a greater awareness of the systematic injustices, oppression, and inequality of modern society, and making some effort to pass that awareness onto the audience. It's about educating people and helping them to broaden their mind to see the world from a different perspective giving more visibility to groups that didn't get a fair shot in the past and inspiring a greater sense of compassion and acceptance of people who happens to look and think different from you.

On the other hand if you ask someone on the opposite side, they'll tell you it's a divisive structured ideology who aggressively pushes hardcore left wing political agenda into every last bit of entertainment demonizing anyone who dares push back against it calling them racists, bigots, nazi, etc. Undermining western cultural values, hijacking long established characters and franchises, and generally chipping away at the foundation of everything that our culture is built on.
It's a bit of both of those things as a fence sitting outside observer. The issues often get exaggerated and badly written and depending on the week are completely inconsistent. Like one episode says they are being under policed. Next one they are over policed. Or they want smaller crimes to not be prosecuted (unless the criminal is Caucasian then lock them away till they are 40)

Additionally the racism part is almost exclusively left as Caucasians being portrayed as racist and everything else that is wrong with the world is usually their fault. But they can't offer to fix x because ethnicity of your choosing doesn't want their charity. Or they don't understand how to fix the problem other than throwing money or time at it. That's of course ignoring things take time for change and improvement to kick in.

Rookie probably has the best examples of how stupidly it is written. Especially the park episode where Nolan fixed and reopened their park but they didn't want him to because drug dealers hang out there. But they also refuse to do anything about it themselves other than ignoring it. And him fixing the cameras and lighting is considered white knighting and stuff.

Where is the mod support? I participate in plenty of off topic stuff but political crap like this and anyone trying to spoil games in a deals thread needs to go. 

If spiders/arachnids aren't bugs, then what type of Pokemon are: Spinarak/Ariados, Joltik/Galvantula, Dewpider/Araquanid, Tarountula/Spidops?

Also, Spider-MAN technically isn't a(n) spider/arachnid either, silly bob.

Pride flags and nonbinary Spanish

Middle-Eastern version seems to be the definitive version if you don't want to see any pandering.
Imagine being such a crybaby that you can't handle a rainbow in your vidya

Supporting government censorship in a creative medium is also a choice

Imagine being such a crybaby that you can't handle a rainbow in your vidya

Supporting government censorship in a creative medium is also a choice
It's not necessarily "government censorship" but more of game preservation in fictional media. I play video games to remove myself from real-life, not have real-life remove me from fantasy world.

Also, I'm LGBT. Also, imagine being such a crybaby that YOU can't handle what I do with MY time, MY money, MY values, MY choice. I have no issues with the rainbow flag, but I do have issues seeing stains on said rainbow flag.

It's not necessarily "government censorship" but more of game preservation in fictional media. I play video games to remove myself from real-life, not have real-life remove me from fantasy world.

Also, I'm LGBT. Also, imagine being such a crybaby that YOU can't handle what I do with MY time, MY money, MY choice. I have no issues with the rainbow flag, but I do have issues seeing stains on said rainbow flag.
browning-tweet-featured.jpg

Well, not when you take things out of context by skimming all the details and nuances of what someone said exactly. Borderline framing misinformation and perpetuating defamation.

I'm pretty sure you don't constantly think about banging your significant other while you're gaming in the moment, let alone think about the next CAG deal.

Also, I'm LGBT. Also, imagine being such a crybaby that YOU can't handle what I do with MY time, MY money, MY values, MY choice. I have no issues with the rainbow flag, but I do have issues seeing stains on said rainbow flag.
There's the whole thing you genocidal freak

Someone please post about gutted games, please.
Not since the last sale have I been so gutted about a game...

I'll play Spiderman 2 whenever it's cheap next year. I still need to finish BG3.

For more on topic, somehow I spent rewards points on a purchase recently. I guess the employee did it or the system does it automatically?

Not since the last sale have I been so gutted about a game...

I'll play Spiderman 2 whenever it's cheap next year. I still need to finish BG3.

For more on topic, somehow I spent rewards points on a purchase recently. I guess the employee did it or the system does it automatically?
I don’t care about gutted games but what got me heated was new games being thrown in pre owned cases cause I wanted the original case for collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if gamestop sells nvme m.2 ssd's or whatever is for steam decks/handhelds? I'm rolling the dice on a Steam Deck (which marked as shipped a hour after the transaction, somehow) and wanted to just try both. 

Anyone know if gamestop sells nvme m.2 ssd's or whatever is for steam decks/handhelds? I'm rolling the dice on a Steam Deck (which marked as shipped a hour after the transaction, somehow) and wanted to just try both.
No. They need to be a specific form factor, much smaller than the standard m.2. Check microcenter (inland) or amazon (sabrent) for drives marketed specifically for the deck.

It's the M.2 2230 SSD.

I replaced my 64GB with a 256 and may upgrade that to a 1GB one at some point (when the costs are good enough.)

Thank yas both! I know Best Buy had 1-2 as well but I'm trying to burn through GameStop credit before they go belly up haha.
I mean that's at minimum 3 years away and realistically a while after that so it's not a rush. They might be a crap company but even with the nutjob in charge they have runway still for a bit.

I mostly find these internet political debates amusing at best and obnoxious at worst, but… wokeism is the effort by progressives to take ideological control of institutions within civil society and then use those positions to mandate that their moral outlook be adopted throughout the broader culture. That’s it. Simple as that. The whole idea that asking someone to define “woke” is some giant epic gotcha question is bizarre to me. Everyone knows what it is. Remember when the religious right was into imposing their values on society way back in the 80s and 90s? Same thing, but different side of the coin. If people aren’t defining woke when you ask them to, it’s probably because they know you aren’t asking in good faith, or they figure you aren’t worth engaging with because it’s obvious you will never be convinced of anything.

Also, just my humble opinion as a gay man, but putting rainbow flags in certain regional versions of game and censoring them in others is the worst kind of corporate pandering imaginable. Just don’t put them in at all, thanks.

I mostly find these internet political debates amusing at best and obnoxious at worst, but… wokeism is the effort by progressives to take ideological control of institutions within civil society and then use those positions to mandate that their moral outlook be adopted throughout the broader culture. That’s it. Simple as that. The whole idea that asking someone to define “woke” is some giant epic gotcha question is bizarre to me. Everyone knows what it is. Remember when the religious right was into imposing their values on society way back in the 80s and 90s? Same thing, but different side of the coin. If people aren’t defining woke when you ask them to, it’s probably because they know you aren’t asking in good faith, or they figure you aren’t worth engaging with because it’s obvious you will never be convinced of anything.

Also, just my humble opinion as a gay man, but putting rainbow flags in certain regional versions of game and censoring them in others is the worst kind of corporate pandering imaginable. Just don’t put them in at all, thanks.

Well said

I got shorted a copy of pikmin during the b2g1. Returned a bunch of 75% off games and got full value instead of dealing with customer service.

All’s fair in GameStop love and war.

Y'all keep taking the bait. Really shouldn't out yourself like that.

"Everyone knows what it is "

Obviously not, as shown by you and others.

PM if you actually care to understand, otherwise keep it to yourself.

I like the rainbow flags, I think they're neat.

Christians didn't give a shit when Birdo was trans in the 80s, they just have an even bigger fascist stick up their butt lately because of poorer material conditions and then blame it on gays. Happened in Germany, happening in the United States.

Going to be disappointed if the Paper Mario 2 remake doesn't have a faithful translation of Vivian's storyline in English and German this time.

I got shorted a copy of pikmin during the b2g1. Returned a bunch of 75% off games and got full value instead of dealing with customer service.

All’s fair in GameStop love and war.
That’s funny. I was shorted Pikmen too. But I dealt with customer service and got sent another lol. But I did return 2 of a b2g1 for the full price and kept the third for free.

Question. I'm a little confused by what points get cancelled on Dec 1. Is it just something impacting non-Pro members or all members? 

I like 250k points but got it down to 60k before the changes over the summer and can't figure out if I need to spend the remaining 60k or not. 

Question. I'm a little confused by what points get cancelled on Dec 1. Is it just something impacting non-Pro members or all members?

I like 250k points but got it down to 60k before the changes over the summer and can't figure out if I need to spend the remaining 60k or not.
Non pro doesn't get points anymore. Points expire the instant your account expires now but still show until you renew.

Points now have a 12 month lifespan. If any of your points are going to expire in December you get an email detailing how many.

Non pro doesn't get points anymore. Points expire the instant your account expires now but still show until you renew.

Points now have a 12 month lifespan. If any of your points are going to expire in December you get an email detailing how many.
Thanks! I guess I'll have to wait and see if I get said email...

bread's done
Back