The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
My email says the $10 off Pro renewal ends on the 31st too. Has there been any news about the $5 monthly reward ending after December? My offer implies that the monthly $5 won't continue next year:

GameStop Pro Pays For Itself
Here's How:

• Get 5k points ($5 in rewards) just for renewing.

• Plus, a $5 Monthly Pro Reward in November and December

(Another $10 total).

[quote name="tomwaits1" post="14555480" timestamp="1698510828"]

My email says the $10 off Pro renewal ends on the 31st too. Has there been any news about the $5 monthly reward ending after December? My offer implies that the monthly $5 won't continue next year:

Here's How:

(Another $10 total).[/quote
My understanding is that’s just how “it pays for itself”. So you pay $15. And by December it pays for itself.

I got the email. Do you have something in active offers? I see nothing

Here's How:
(Another $10 total).
It's just saying that it breaks even after the first month, and it's pure profit after that. The sub at $15 is a no-brainer.

Here's How:

(Another $10 total).
That absolutely looks like it ends in December. They'd never be that specific like that if it wasn't.

Here's How:

(Another $10 total).[/quote
My understanding is that’s just how “it pays for itself”. So you pay $15. And by December it pays for itself.

I got the email. Do you have something in active offers? I see nothing
I didn't get the $10 off email, my pro expires next month. I did get an email on October 14th that states "Redeem your points in-store toward another year of Pro Membership or almost anything GameStop sells.", but when I was in the store previously they could not find a way to renew using points, so I think it is just old verbiage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get the $10 off email, my pro expires next month. I did get an email on October 14th that states "Redeem your points in-store toward another year of Pro Membership or almost anything GameStop sells.", but when I was in the store previously they could not find a way to renew using points, so I think it is just old verbiage.
you just redeem a certificate and use that to pay for the renewal.

That absolutely looks like it ends in December. They'd never be that specific like that if it wasn't.
...did you read just the last sentence? This is from an email to try to get expired members to renew for $15. You have to start with where it says "GameStop Pro Pays For Itself." So if you add up everything they list - the $5 in points and the two monthly coupons - it equals $15.

Steam Deck from GameStop journey so far:

- Ordered a refurb 664gb a few days and its here already

- Appearance: very clean, no damage, battery holds a good charge, and comes with case + OEM charger (can't tell it's refurbed off appearance alone)

- Turned it on and missing a boot file

- Was successfully able to reimage

- Reimaged and was able to restart it and go thru the setup process

- Downloading updates now

All-in-all a good experience thus far. Very happy. Glad I didnt order it in-store because the employee kept saying it wasn't in stock and the cheapest model almost never is (I had it in my cart before I went to the store that day and there were multiple available of each except 512gb lol).

Is there anything you guys are finding to consistently use the $5 monthly online coupon (double dip) on? 

Instore I've been buying Xbox or similar currency. But I can rarely find something to use the online coupon on except Pokemon cards. And most of the time those are kind of overpriced before coupon anyways. 

Is there anything you guys are finding to consistently use the $5 monthly online coupon (double dip) on?

Instore I've been buying Xbox or similar currency. But I can rarely find something to use the online coupon on except Pokemon cards. And most of the time those are kind of overpriced before coupon anyways.
Online I get the blind bags for my kids. Been picking up the Demon Slayer ones for the past few months.

Just games on sale for $5 with the highest TIV, batteries, or whatever is B1G1 clearance.

Anyone know what you need to trade in a Switch? I assume 2 joy cons, the Switch itself, but do you need a dock with it or an HDMI cable or charger?

Anyone know what you need to trade in a Switch? I assume 2 joy cons, the Switch itself, but do you need a dock with it or an HDMI cable or charger?
Assume you need everything included in a preowned:

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

Nintendo Switch console
Nintendo Switch dock
Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R)
Two Joy-Con strap accessories
One Joy-Con grip
HDMI cable
Nintendo Switch AC adapter

every other company in the world: "you added x to cart, would you also like to add x or x?"

gamestop: "you tried to add x to cart, are you sure? its probably disk only, here, let's think about it for 10 seconds, then try to add to cart again"

Anyone got any flips for this week? So far all I've found is Cyberpunk (X1, PS4) $10 -> $10 base.
Dragonball FighterZ for Switch. The original Farming Simulator for Switch. COD Black Ops 1-3 Collection for 360 to add a couple more. DBZ is the only one in stock on the website though. Can still do Web In Store to get Free Shipping over $25 with a Pro membership though.

Dragonball FighterZ for Switch. The original Farming Simulator for Switch. COD Black Ops 1-3 Collection for 360 to add a couple more. DBZ is the only one in stock on the website though. Can still do Web In Store to get Free Shipping over $25 with a Pro membership though.
What's the flip for FighterZ?

What's the flip for FighterZ?
$10 Base. S13 with Trade Boost towards COD. So depending upon sales tax. You'd be at $9.50 each before sales tax and get $12.99 with a penny towards an existing pre-order. 4 for $40. You'd get $51.96. Small $ amount of flip but 20%+ margin. Worth the time and gas. Not especially.

Anyone got any flips for this week? So far all I've found is Cyberpunk (X1, PS4) $10 -> $10 base.
Spreadsheet has been updated for the full version below are the profitable ones that are below $20 in value.

Dragon Star Vanyr PS4

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight PS4

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom PS4

Yurukill: The Calumniation Games Deluxe Edition PS4

Cyberpunk 2077 PS4/Xbox One

Resident Evil Village Gold Edition PS4

Tour de France 2022 PS5

Call of Duty: Black Ops Collection 1-3 360

V-Rally 4 Switch

Farming Simulator Switch

DRAGON BALL FighterZ Switch

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country Switch

FUN! FUN! Animal Park Switch

High value titles are rare and Resident Evil Village gold edition has the DLC is box and might not be a flip as a result.

Don't sleep on Target to GS Flips check clearance if need be.

Am I missing something, Cyberpunk is $19.99 used? Dragon Star Vanyr PS4 is a flip if there is a $5 boost. Honestly checking my list if there is a $5 boost there is actually a decent profit flipping to be had. Let me update after I confirm the $5 boost.

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight PS4

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom PS4

Yurukill: The Calumniation Games Deluxe Edition PS4
4/$40 on $19.99-or-lower games.

Just message me and tell me to update the spreadsheet if a new offer starts that is good. It is a complete list and does the math for $5 boost, 10% and 30% boost as well.

Anyone willing to run a python script every day and update the spreadsheet? I am tired of missing out or is anyone willing to message me when a good deal drops. I try to ask the same thing each deal drop but I think everyone either has me blocked or don't care about Gamestop flips due to the amount of effort and travel costs needed.

Odd Ghostrunner 2 a recent release has no TIV.

Just message me and tell me to update the spreadsheet if a new offer starts that is good. It is a complete list and does the math for $5 boost, 10% and 30% boost as well.

Anyone willing to run a python script every day and update the spreadsheet? I am tired of missing out or is anyone willing to message me when a good deal drops. I try to ask the same thing each deal drop but I think everyone either has me blocked or don't care about Gamestop flips due to the amount of effort and travel costs needed.

Odd Ghostrunner 2 a recent release has no TIV.
If people don't care about flips anymore, I think they've lost the plot. It's 99% the reason I even bother with this thread (the other 1% is WWE gifs). I'm willing to send you a DM when a new trade deal comes around.

But according to your list, there isn't much to work with. Unfortunately I think the last time they ran CSAC, it worked in Ca, so no more 60% for us.

I got a question.  Does point still expire if I am a pro member?   I renewed my account back in junbe before the price increase.   When I go pick up my street fighter collector edition the other week they claim my point will excpire soon.  

I got a question. Does point still expire if I am a pro member? I renewed my account back in junbe before the price increase. When I go pick up my street fighter collector edition the other week they claim my point will excpire soon.
Yes they expire 12 months after they are earned. this starts December 1. At that point any points that have been earned over a year ago will expire. So use them or lose them.

bread's done
Back