The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Some games are priced lower in store. I've managed to find some steelbooks to use on the 4 games for $20 deal. Burned some reward and monthly credits
Also Got the last Zelda amiibo using the $5 of $15 promo
[attachment=38304:20231104_162224.jpg]

Anybody else see this email and on website now for $5 off when you order online and pick up in store? Just went in yesterday didnt see this but they hardly have anything in store now.

The one time I forget to save the code for the double dip in the last 3 years is the one time I would have used it lol. Oh well

Has there been any black friday leaked ads yet for GS or anywhere else?
They'll have b2g1 preowned games again for pro members, but does open to everyone later in the week, some funko sales, b2g1 on some collectibles, $50 gift card with meta quest 2 purchase, $8 shirts, bunch of other promos. Nothing too exciting.

Anybody else see this email and on website now for $5 off when you order online and pick up in store? Just went in yesterday didnt see this but they hardly have anything in store now.
Yeah, used it on the new Zelda and Ganondorf Amiibo. They seem to be readily available. Heck I saw 1 store in my area had 67 Ganondorf and 40 Zelda.

Too bad I can't sort Gamestop games by price. It would be great to only be able to view $15.99 and under games. The $5 off store pickup combined with the $5 monthly is a good deal on a game under $20. If it stacks with the 4 for $40, even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like some sold out stuff is back in stock for shipping, the notorious version of saints row, midnight suns legendary for $25 and gotham knights deluxe for $22.50, both on xbox.

Too bad I can't sort Gamestop games by price. It would be great to only be able to view $15.99 and under games. The $5 off store pickup combined with the $5 monthly is a good deal on a game under $20. If it stacks with the 4 for $40, even better.
It won’t stack like that. The item would have to be $20 or more to get the monthly to stack with the $5 pick up. I had it in my cart earlier. With Ganondorf I was only getting $5 monthly since it brought the price to $14.99 so the $5 pickup didn’t apply.

It won’t stack like that. The item would have to be $20 or more to get the monthly to stack with the $5 pick up. I had it in my cart earlier. With Ganondorf I was only getting $5 monthly since it brought the price to $14.99 so the $5 pickup didn’t apply.
Can't say I'm shocked that Gamestop would pull that crap. That's why I will never re-up. They're more interested in finding ways to fuck over thier customers and employees in the name of profit then they are in trying to stay in business.

I just did Ganondorf and Star wars battlefront PS4 (it's under $1) for pick up and that let me do the $5 pick up discount and $5 monthly coupon, so got it for about $11. So just add filler and it will work

I wonder if GS is going to have a good BF considering the changes they just made. They don't PM others(I don't think) so I guess we will soon see.

I just did Ganondorf and Star wars battlefront PS4 (it's under $1) for pick up and that let me do the $5 pick up discount and $5 monthly coupon, so got it for about $11. So just add filler and it will work
This will work on the 4 for $20 offer as well. My store doesn't have anything great in stock, but it automatically applied the discount when I had 4 pre-owned $9 games in cart.

To make searching easier, change the "&start=0&sz=20" part of the web page address. The number after "start=" will change what item you start on (every 20 items = 1 page) and the "sz=" number will change how many items per page will show up. If you sort by price that can help you find all your qualifying items pretty quickly

whats the point of the 5 off pickup promo if they have nothing in stock? do you all think 50 after 5 off pickup and 5 monthly for armored core is a good deal? do you think the game will go rare beore it will drop in price or you think we'll see 35 or 40 on amazon BF?

So the online order I placed for store pick up, I just got an email from PayPal saying changes were made to my order and I got charged an extra $1.51 for no reason...

sorry but NEVER use paypal with GS.  their(gs) payment system is already shit, adding another company into the mess makes everything 100x worse.

Trade 2 promo for $50 Promo is back towards any game $39.99 and up. Can combine with the $5 off a $15 order for in store pick up to make some nice additional savings. Haven't looked but may be some stuff from Target's B2G1 Free that you could maximize on as well.

Trade 2 promo for $50 Promo is back towards any game $39.99 and up. Can combine with the $5 off a $15 order for in store pick up to make some nice additional savings. Haven't looked but may be some stuff from Target's B2G1 Free that you could maximize on as well.
How would you combine? Don’t you have to order online to get the $5off? And at that point the transaction would already be complete

How would you combine? Don’t you have to order online to get the $5off? And at that point the transaction would already be complete
i assume they mean pick up the game and then trade it in using the promo, not recommended doing at the same time.

sorry but NEVER use paypal with GS. their(gs) payment system is already shit, adding another company into the mess makes everything 100x worse.
After my credit card info was stolen from GameStop breach years ago I've always used pay pal or trade credit and never had an issue, but not doing that again.

After my credit card info was stolen from GameStop breach years ago I've always used pay pal or trade credit and never had an issue, but not doing that again.
Plus with PayPal it's easier to file a chargeback claim. I still don't believe that they ever refunded me for an order I made once upon a time. It was one of the megaman star force games? I think that is what it's called. Never sent it to me in the order but sent me a review the game email for said game. so I wrote in the review that I never got it so how would I be able to write a review for it XD.

Second incident in semi recent years was judgement which they sent to me without the disc though at the time lots of people here reported that problem. They sent me another one after I contacted without much fuss at least. Oh it happened with zelda breath of the wild as well. Error in my favor as I sold the empty case from the first order for 15$.

Have you tried using virtual cards?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur_svGeReDg[/youtube]

surprised to come across a sf6 ce and a calisto protocol ce. ended up buying the sf6 ce

haven't been keeping up with the thread but my monthly coupon isn't showing up in my app

whats the point of the 5 off pickup promo if they have nothing in stock? do you all think 50 after 5 off pickup and 5 monthly for armored core is a good deal? do you think the game will go rare beore it will drop in price or you think we'll see 35 or 40 on amazon BF?
Target has it as part of their B2G1 for around 35, though you'll have to get that to work out for you (I've heard you can just buy 3 of the same item and cancel 2, haven't tried it myself).

With it being available digitally (and on Steam no less), I don't see Armored Core going away, and Bandai games always eventually see some amount of sales.

But $35-40 this year, specifically on Amazon? Probably not unless they're matching another store.

I wonder if GS is going to have a good BF considering the changes they just made. They don't PM others(I don't think) so I guess we will soon see.
I'd imagine they'd have to, just because if they don't beat other places on price, why would anyone bother with them?
Gamestop can't afford NOT to try to push the envelope on deals as they need to get people in their doors and to their website.

It’s looking more and more like trade values going to stink the rest of the year. Values are so bad even if they doubled them they are still 50% of last years values in some cases. I cancelled my membership renewal for later this month, I guess I’ll hit them with accessories one more time, but the value won’t even be 33% of November 2022.

I'd imagine they'd have to, just because if they don't beat other places on price, why would anyone bother with them?
Gamestop can't afford NOT to try to push the envelope on deals as they need to get people in their doors and to their website.
At a minimum, they will have the Nintendo advertised deals. They usually have a few random games that are decently priced.

2023 the year of Gamestop falling upside down. Here's to 2024 in seeing what other policies flop and twist because honestly it hasn't gotten worse

[attachment=38307:Untitled.png]I love at the bottom of the email they sent out today says "There's never been a better time to be a Gamestop Pro!" lol

Is anyone else having issues with packages never making it to the post office?  I placed an order on 10/10 and the status never updated past "Label Created - USPS awaiting item."  They finally sent a replacement order on 11/1 and that one is currently in the same status

Edit - ironically, my replacement order actually arrived today.  The way they packaged it, the shipping tape had a vertical bump on the scannable barcode.  Maybe someday the original October order will show up too, but for now I'm thankful to at least not have to deal with customer service again.

It’s looking more and more like trade values going to stink the rest of the year. Values are so bad even if they doubled them they are still 50% of last years values in some cases. I cancelled my membership renewal for later this month, I guess I’ll hit them with accessories one more time, but the value won’t even be 33% of November 2022.
I'm kicking myself for not instantly trading in Spider-Man 2 after beating it. Went from ~$40 trade-in to $33. Kinda hope they just temporarily lowered values because of the cash promo they are/were running and that they go back up.

I see that they brought back the trade 2 deal. https://www.gamestop.com/trade2

Is anyone else having issues with packages never making it to the post office? I placed an order on 10/10 and the status never updated past "Label Created - USPS awaiting item." They finally sent a replacement order on 11/1 and that one is currently in the same status
Hasn’t been quite that long. But I ordered 3 games on Thursday. All were shipped separately. 2 came today. And the third is saying that

Is anyone else having issues with packages never making it to the post office? I placed an order on 10/10 and the status never updated past "Label Created - USPS awaiting item." They finally sent a replacement order on 11/1 and that one is currently in the same status
If your package is passing through Oklahoma or Dallas area, I have had problems in the past 2 weeks with Fedex and USPS. I finally got my packages this week.

I am so pissed with GameStop.  I ordered a Series X Play and Charge Kit with the $5 off in-store pickup coupon yesterday.  I got an email this afternoon to say that they cancelled my order because the item was never in stock at the store where I was supposed to pick it up.  And now I have to wait 3 days to get my money back.  God, this company sucks.  :bomb:

bread's done
Back