The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m an idiot, but is the gamestop site busted for checkout.

Each time I’ve tried to make a pick up order “place order” stays blank. When inputting a credit card(that is fine before anyone says anything) save and continue seems to not work.

I can’t make any purchase.
Same thing happening to me

Ugh. Thanks. I don’t really want to go the Amazon marketplace route but I guess I can.

I also don’t see me shopping much at GS either. Their sales are good once in a blue moon but everything is immediately out of stock and you might get a newsed copy.
I used trade in credit (and $5 monthly coupon) last week 11/4

Seems like the site is wiping out CVV codes when they are entered, so you're stuck in a loop of having to enter a CVV that just disappears lol

Nevermind that was just one way it was borked. Paypal gives the same error when going back to GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I was able to use my $5 monthly PUR coupon on a $10 Xbox giftcard and pay the rest with trade credit just yesterday.

I think I am going to take advantage of this extra $50 towards a new PS5 deal. I didn't realize the new slim comes with COD MW3 so I can sell that for like $50 and it will cut down the cost of the upgrade. Looks like some stores around me have it in stock. Preparing my PS5 now. I was able to fix the X button problem by just taking off the black cover and blowing into the controller so I'm all good now.

I think I am going to take advantage of this extra $50 towards a new PS5 deal. I didn't realize the new slim comes with COD MW3 so I can sell that for like $50 and it will cut down the cost of the upgrade. Looks like some stores around me have it in stock. Preparing my PS5 now. I was able to fix the X button problem by just taking off the black cover and blowing into the controller so I'm all good now.
sell it where? been trying to sell my GoWR code for a damn year now lol

sell it where? been trying to sell my GoWR code for a damn year now lol
Oh wow really? Hmmm. Well COD is more popular so I guess I'll see.

I'm at Gamestop right now and I forgot the stand so they can't take it. Gonna have to package it all back up and drive home and get it then back to Gamestop. I don't use the stand so didn't even think about it. But is testing it all now though to make the process quick when I get back. PSA, remember the stand.

I'm at Gamestop right now and I forgot the stand so they can't take it. Gonna have to package it all back up and drive home and get it then back to Gamestop. I don't use the stand so didn't even think about it. But is testing it all now though to make the process quick when I get back. PSA, remember the stand.
If you offer it for $40 it should fly out, but anything more and it'll be hard to get a legit sale.

Here's a new one (at least for me):

I've attempted to check out 3 different times, and my tax amount has been different all 3 times, despite using the same bill to and pickup location. The best part... I have no idea how 2 of the numbers were calculated. Even taking into account the total w/o coupons, or total with 1 of the 2 coupons, the numbers make no sense.

One is the tax on $499.99

One is the tax on $498.50 (no clue where that number comes from)

One is the tax on $522.33 (again, no clue where that number comes from)

My actual subtotal is $494.99 lol.

Here's a new one (at least for me):

I've attempted to check out 3 different times, and my tax amount has been different all 3 times, despite using the same bill to and pickup location. The best part... I have no idea how 2 of the numbers were calculated. Even taking into account the total w/o coupons, or total with 1 of the 2 coupons, the numbers make no sense.

One is the tax on $499.99
One is the tax on $498.50 (no clue where that number comes from)
One is the tax on $522.33 (again, no clue where that number comes from)

My actual subtotal is $494.99 lol.
It's almost like Gamestop randomizes the tax charged to a store instead of a destination based tax. Most likely because of an improper tax integration.

Will the register filter out the games that qualify for the 2 for $50 vs 30% in the same transaction when trading towards call of duty?
It should--that's what happened when I traded in eligible games towards picking up SMB Wonder last month, bumping those up to $25 + 10% base instead of the 30% promo separate for SMBW.

Looks like the Spider-Man 2 PS5 Slim bundle is up on Gamestop's site now.  

None available in store in my area.  I'll give a call tomorrow to see if they have them as I continue debate trading in my original console.  

Looks like the Spider-Man 2 PS5 Slim bundle is up on Gamestop's site now.

None available in store in my area. I'll give a call tomorrow to see if they have them as I continue debate trading in my original console.
Same boat as you. My store has 7 COD slims, but no Spider-Man bundles are showing in my area.

Well I just got back from GS. As I was about to leave to go get the stand, he tells me the X button is not working properly and so it will be a reduced trade in. I asked him how much and he says there is no point in going home to get the stand now(even though he told me 3 min earlier they couldn't accept it without the stand) and proceeds to say it will be $140 less trade in value. I'm like no, I will get a different controller when I get my stand and use that. My extra controller is the light blue one which is worth more but whatever. I bring back the stand and controller and he proceeds with the trade in towards the slim cod MW3 bundle. I wanted to use my points and $5 monthly towards it and he says he can only use 2 certs and can only go up to $25 on his system but on my phone, I can get a $50 one. Well, this isn't one and he says they must have taken it away so I didn't use my $5 but instead used my points on a $25 and $15. He takes that off and I owed 95.04 which I paid with trade credit. After that I decided to use my $5 monthly on a $10 PSN instead of saving it for the PSVR2 I will be getting on the black Friday sale and he takes back my receipt and does something and then applies the $5 monthly and says it will be $4.54 remaining for the $10 psn. I have no idea why it wasn't $5 but whatever. Got another receipt for that and left. I felt kind of bad for him because he was clearly alone and the store had other customers.

So the person that buys the used PS5 I just traded in is going to be stoked to get that blue controller. Unless the worker just swaps it out for another white controller and sells it for more money. I am about to set up the PS5 slim now. Taking it out of the box and it's smaller than I thought. This is the size it should have been all along. I love it! I asked if they had the slim spiderman but he says no stores got it in. Let me know if anyone here wants to buy the COD MW3 with lockpick operator pack digital code.

I think the only time I noticed noise on my launch PS5 was when a disc was inserted. It’s not as loud as a PS4 Pro (jet engine!), but it can be pretty distracting. Haven’t noticed coil whine that some users experience.

My launch PS5 was pretty loud, the slim is whisper quiet.

Gamestop is hilarious, when I was buying my slim COD bundle the store manager asked if I would be willing to take one where the box was badly damaged, I said no unless he was providing a discount. He refused and said I was making his life hell as it will be impossible to sell and once it's the last one the person is going to be livid. Not my problem dude.

This stand issue is so stupid. The new ps5 model won’t even include a stand!

Just a tip of you're ever unsure of what needs to be included in a trade in for a console, go to the sales page for the system (not the trade page)

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/playstation-5/consoles/products/sony-playstation-5-console/232353.html

Scroll down and it says "what's included". That's everything that needs to be included for the trade. For PS5 it says:

WHAT'S INCLUDED:
PlayStation 5 Console
DualSense™ Wireless Controller
DualSense™ USB charging cable
Base
HDMI cable
AC power cord

My launch PS5 was pretty loud, the slim is whisper quiet.

Gamestop is hilarious, when I was buying my slim COD bundle the store manager asked if I would be willing to take one where the box was badly damaged, I said no unless he was providing a discount. He refused and said I was making his life hell as it will be impossible to sell and once it's the last one the person is going to be livid. Not my problem dude.
loud fan or coil whine on launch ps5, or both?

and is there coil whine on the slim ? thx

loud fan or coil whine on launch ps5, or both?

and is there coil whine on the slim ? thx
The fans would get loud the longer I played (which makes sense) and the coil whine has been fairly loud since launch. I think it is kind of a luck of the draw thing with coil whine. I had a PS4 Pro that was near silent. I'm going to play a bit tonight on the slim and will be able to report back a little better, but so far I don't hear the coil whine like my launch PS5.

I feel dirty, I just renewed a pro mem.

LOL

but seriously,  just a reminder, as someone already posted, gs is taking nuncucks for $5.50 trade credit.

Won't they still trade "ban" you if you do more than 2?
It has always been 4 limit on any unique SKU, 5th is 90 day ban. $2000 total credit, $500 total cash. Per rolling 30 days/month.

Apparently "the book" says max of 3 identical accessories in a single trade, meaning you would have to make 2 trips to hit your monthly limit, but I have always been able to do 4 at a time.

Games and unique system SKUs are supposed to be limit 1 per transaction, but I had an SL2 take in multiple Wii systems in one a few Sundays ago (he also tried to charge me $10 refurb on each, but I shut that down, and he was obviously being shady as he removed them instantly without argument).

Same with the reward certs, these are "the rules," but the system does not enforce a limit, only employees. Way back when GS first started taking in retro again I was able to trade in ~40 beat up systems and a zillion other things in one trade. The employee did check with his SL or DL first, but the system had no issue going way over the supposed limits. That account only got a 90 day ban for it.

I see Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS4 = $15 brand new
-> https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/products/final-fantasy-vii-remake---playstation-4/197964.html

Is the actual Yuffie content & any other extra content in Intergrade Edition on PS5/PC worthwhile? Is the new content in Intergrade short/long in terms of hours?
PS4 version has free upgrade to PS5 version sans Interlude so I would just get it & buy Interlude before end of February.

Even the boxed PS5 version just had Interlude as a download code & is out of print, so I would just go this route if you haven’t played the remake yet.

Can convert GS $200 trade credit to $180 best buy gift card by buying a ps4 pro from gamestop and trading to best buy. Y’all think it’s worth the move? Any other known movers? Sitting on a pile of gs credit.
Looking to build some best buy credit for Black Friday.
Edit: no sales tax in OR. Just gas and time efforts.

Can convert GS $200 trade credit to $180 best buy gift card by buying a ps4 pro from gamestop and trading to best buy. Y’all think it’s worth the move? Any other known movers? Sitting on a pile of gs credit.
Looking to build some best buy credit for Black Friday.
Edit: no sales tax in OR. Just gas and time efforts.
Funny I was thinking how a 90% ROI on GameStop credit to cash was a good return. I say go for it. BB credit is worth 90% of GS credit.

One thing I was pondering is if it was easier to just sell Xbox currency on cag at 10% off. That would be cash instead of BB credit.

I’ve sold Eshop codes at 20% off on here no problem.

Funny I was thinking how a 90% ROI on GameStop credit to cash was a good return. I say go for it. BB credit is worth 90% of GS credit.

One thing I was pondering is if it was easier to just sell Xbox currency on cag at 10% off. That would be cash instead of BB credit.

I’ve sold Eshop codes at 20% off on here no problem.
Thanks. Of course both local gs have no ps4 pros in stock. They sold out!

Anyone know if they'd still take a console trade-in if my controller has really bad drift? And how much might be deducted from the trade value?

Anyone know if they'd still take a console trade-in if my controller has really bad drift? And how much might be deducted from the trade value?
Probably more than $38. I say $38 bc that’s how much a preowned white dualsense controller costs at gamestop for pro members.

Read my experience with trading in yesterday. My X button needs to be pushed in a little harder than usual and the dude said it would be $140 less for the trade in so I went home and got a different Dualsense and traded that with the console instead. I also could have bought a used one they had in the store too if I wanted. I was going home anyway to get the stand which I forgot. They test all the stuff right there so make sure everything is working perfect. In your case, you'd have to trade in a different controller with no drift.

Price matching has been moved to Pro only.
I'd love to price match at Gamestop to blow some of my credit but they never have anything I want instore. I can't even use the $5 instore pickup with $5 monthly reward on anything on my want list cause of four games, none of them are in stock within 100 miles.

Today, I finally got my refund from the in-store pickup order that I made last Sunday that they cancelled on me last Monday.  I only got it after I called customer service on Thursday, and the guy on the phone said that he had to get permission from his supervisor to give me my refund.

Only with GameStop does it take almost a week to get your money back when they never had what you ordered in stock in the first place.

I will using up my certs before the end of the year, but my Pro membership is going the way of the wooly mammoth when it expires.  :bomb:

bread's done
Back