The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Its kind of starting to look like gamestop isnt even going to do any black friday sales outside of the xbox/playstation/nintendo official bf sale prices

Trying to decide what to spend my point on.  I currently have just under 75,000 points, I need to use at minimum 70,000 to keep them from expiring.  My understanding is I can use $25 + $15 + $10 total certificates on any one transaction.  

Primary console is PS4, PS5.  Any suggestions?

I could get CoD MW III for under $20 if I'm allowed to use my $5 monthly in addition.  

Games I could get for free:

Star Wars Jedi Survivor PS5

Dead Space PS5

Elden Ring PS4 (PS5 Upgrayedd)

I don't have a Switch yet, but I could pick up some first party titles such as Super Mario RPG, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Pearl, Skyward Sword, BotW, Bravely Default II...  Looking to stick to first party exclusives if I go this route and I know they're not discounted often.

Opinions on what you would pick up are appreciated.

As a note for clarity on price matching since everyone seems to see such inconsistencies....

That's because that's the actual policy.    There is 0 customer facing policy on price matching.  The policy varies all over the place due to either test markets or local management or loss prevention changing restrictions, all of which the company allows them to do.

There are areas with no price matching at all, regular price matching, and restricted some price matching only.  Some places will not even price match gamestop.com and this is 100% correct. 

Would the 20% extra for Pro stack stack with 20% extra power trade, since it stacks with 10% pro bonus? I'm asking because I don't really wanna risk the trade value dropping while waiting for the 4+/40% trade if I can get 40% right now. It's fine to trade 3rd copy of MLB 23 after waiting 2 days after first 2 right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta get rid of some Dell credit. You think a ps5 controller will sell near $50 on Facebook?
doubt it. maybe if its some new desirable color. id grab an ssd on sale if they sell them cause flash memory is scheduled to rebound in price.

Would the 20% extra for Pro stack stack with 20% extra power trade, since it stacks with 10% pro bonus? I'm asking because I don't really wanna risk the trade value dropping while waiting for the 4+/40% trade if I can get 40% right now. It's fine to trade 3rd copy of MLB 23 after waiting 2 days after first 2 right?
Not sure on the stacking, but you can trade up to four total within 30 days of the first trade

any thoughts on the ps5 slim ?
If you don't already have a ps5, absolutely worth it. If you can sell your existing phat ps5 for about $400, I still think it's worth it to upgrade. The new models come with your choice of new COD or SM2. To me, it is noticeably smaller. This is how the ps5 should have looked at launch, IMO. Can't go back to the phat boy with the new model.

Pretty sure that ended yesterday.
Didn’t realize until yesterday the base trade in for PS5 was so high and that extra $50. With a pro membership, selling the free game that comes with it to a friend was getting kind of close to the only real cost being the drive to go get a PS5 slim lol.

Shame.

Does anyone else's store say the Spiderman 2 Slim PS5 bundle is not in stock within 150 miles? I tried different area codes with the same results. I'm thinking that they are holding the Spiderman bundles for Black Friday, but not sure.

Has anyone actually gotten an email regarding the old points expiring? I asked before and someone mentioned that if you were to have any points set to expire Dec 1, they would notify you the month before. I haven't gotten any such email but using some very rough math, I'm fairly certain I have about 20k points that should expire... 

Does anyone else's store say the Spiderman 2 Slim PS5 bundle is not in stock within 150 miles? I tried different area codes with the same results. I'm thinking that they are holding the Spiderman bundles for Black Friday, but not sure.
I've been looking myself. I've checked a few zipcodes and I see them being stocked slowly from west coast to east coast. My guess is they're also saving them for Black-friday. I assume majority will get them tomorrow/Tuesday. I traded in my fat one yesterday in preparation for this.

Got two Xbox controllers for $7 yesterday. One missing battery cover and one with a stuck button. Gonna see what I can get today. Scope B2G1 selection while there.

Got two Xbox controllers for $7 yesterday. One missing battery cover and one with a stuck button. Gonna see what I can get today. Scope B2G1 selection while there.
Series controllers are $19 with pro, I estimate a $6 fee on each and you can walk away positive $20 or so, just a guess.

Just wanted to verify before I cash out my points, online certs still a risk to redeem for? Have the issues been resolved yet?
Anecdotal, but I was able to redeem and use without issue, however, if you are ordering for in-store pickup it will take the extra $5 discount off the order.

Placed an order for Jedi Survivor with the $5 off. Have had good luck with getting new unopened games in the last week. Looks like they got a bunch of these new games for the holiday season.

Just a reminder you can double dip with your monthly $5 coupon and the $5 off 15 in store pickup.  I got 2 copies of 1-2 Switch and Star Wars Battlefront for about $11 after tax using this method.

Also traded in a Miles + MLB yesterday and had the best employee ever.  Gave me a FFXVI steelbook, MW3 Steelbook, and Lord of the Fallen necklace just because they had them.

Going to bring in my copy of MGS collection tomorrow to see if they can do a return/rebuy or just credit me the $20 difference since I purchased at $60 and it's $40 now

I ordered 1-2 switch at 3 in the morning. It’s 1:15 and my games still aren’t ready. I hate my fucking GameStop.

Has anyone ever had a pickup order not ready for a whole day?

I just hope my order actually goes through, because for some reason it triggered a fraud alert freeze on my card. I tried to straighten it out with the bank, but it's still not working.

I just came back from GS and tested what works. The 20% extra for pro does not stack with the 20% extra power trade. It does stack with the extra 10% pro bonus. Hoping trade values hold up for next week for 4/40% + extra 10%

I just came back from GS and tested what works. The 20% extra for pro does not stack with the 20% extra power trade. It does stack with the extra 10% pro bonus. Hoping trade values hold up for next week for 4/40% + extra 10%
BTW, I noticed that the clerk did not scan Mario RPG for the trade-in, so maybe that's why it didnt get that 20% bump. I know they had to do that for the $50 trade in towards a new game last week. I did not complete the transaction, so I only saw that 20% + 10% trade in. If anyone was successful, please share. Also, there's only 3 total power trade-in titles: Mario RPG, COD MW3, Hogwarts Legacy (nintendo switch only).

Just a reminder you can double dip with your monthly $5 coupon and the $5 off 15 in store pickup. I got 2 copies of 1-2 Switch and Star Wars Battlefront for about $11 after tax using this method.

Also traded in a Miles + MLB yesterday and had the best employee ever. Gave me a FFXVI steelbook, MW3 Steelbook, and Lord of the Fallen necklace just because they had them.

Going to bring in my copy of MGS collection tomorrow to see if they can do a return/rebuy or just credit me the $20 difference since I purchased at $60 and it's $40 now
How do you double dip now? Their site kept telling me I couldn't add the code like I normally would.

I'm not sure when it happened, but Rakuten is doing cash back for Gamestop again. I'm pretty sure they stopped at for a while.
Yeah Rakuten started giving cashback for GS again. Up to 3.5% cash back right now. Use my link below if you haven't signed up for it yet to get $40 after spending $40.

I did an in-store pickup today and combined it with Rakuten. Got the $5 in-store pickup credit, but I wasn't able to use monthly $5 cert with it. I assume it's because the game was on sale. When I went to pick it up, I was able to use my $5 monthly and trade credit to purchase a $15 Meta Quest gift card. The employee said that this is the last month to be able to use the $5 monthly cert on digital currency and until told otherwise, you can continue to use trade credit for it in store. He also mentioned that there will be some sale "drops" for Black Friday.

sure im not the first person to complain about this but the fact that digital purchases dont count toward the already outrageous $79 free shipping minimum is insulting. i think ive used my pro discount twice this year because shipping cancels it out and they somehow never have anything in  store

sure im not the first person to complain about this but the fact that digital purchases dont count toward the already outrageous $79 free shipping minimum is insulting. i think ive used my pro discount twice this year because shipping cancels it out and they somehow never have anything in store
Just buy extra and return in store if you’re close to one

bread's done
Back