The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
The one guy at my Gamestop always pitches with his Pro membership speech that price matching comes with Pro. Assuming it's specifically a Pro thing, how lenient is it? Must be a very major retailer (BB, Walmart, Amazon), must be a new, sealed game to price match?

It's a long shot but there's some good pricing on gamefly I wouldn't mind seeing if they'd match for preowned games.

sure im not the first person to complain about this but the fact that digital purchases dont count toward the already outrageous $79 free shipping minimum is insulting. i think ive used my pro discount twice this year because shipping cancels it out and they somehow never have anything in store
If you go in store and have the employee order the item via "Web in store" aka they place the online order for you with a Pro Membership, free shipping minimum is $24.99.

For veteran traders, will your account be flagged or anything if you trade in multiple copies of a game across multiple platforms? If trade values hold until BF, getting all three versions of Dead Cells Castlevania could be worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, are we able to use our Points on Digital Currency? I thought the In Store version of reward certs would work. Gamestop manager told me that stopped a few months ago. Is that right?

This manager also told me I couldnt use my gamestop gift card on Digital currency but we tried it on $10 PSN and it worked.

For veteran traders, will your account be flagged or anything if you trade in multiple copies of a game across multiple platforms. If trade values hold until BF, getting all three versions of Dead Cells Castlevania could be worthwhile.
Trade limits haven't changed. It's still a max of 4 per sku / platform / title per rolling 30 day time frame from when the 1st trade is completed. It is supposed to be a max of 1 trade per sku / platform / title per day at a single store. POS allows more but employees generally will deny more than 1. Going to different stores in the same day works fine. Console and cell phone limits are different than the above. $2,000 limit for trade credit in a rolling 30 day time period and $500 limit for cash trades. Cell Phone cash trade limit may exceed $500 in a single transaction for a single device without a trade ban.

So yes you can trade in the same game for every platform. Though if you are bringing them all in to the same store at the same time, you may raise some red flags depending upon the employee. It's not exactly normal for someone to own the same game on all platforms and decide to trade them all at the same time repeatedly.

For veteran traders, will your account be flagged or anything if you trade in multiple copies of a game across multiple platforms? If trade values hold until BF, getting all three versions of Dead Cells Castlevania could be worthwhile.
Seeing trade value up to $19.80, not flippable.

What's up lads. First and last post until Black Friday trade boost. Appreciate y'all for the updates and hope you guys have a good thanksgiving.

1000% getting trade banned on the 26th with that supposed boost. If that's true what a great way to end the year. Not really any flips but I'd suggest if you have time hit up some pawnshops for trade credit. Time of year they like to get rid of old stock.

Damn. Well, there goes that...Time to see if there's anything to grab for the Trade More, Get More promo from this B2G1...

Any suggestions?

One of my packages ordered yesterday shows it was delivered in a state across the country from my address. Awesome.

I've been looking myself. I've checked a few zipcodes and I see them being stocked slowly from west coast to east coast. My guess is they're also saving them for Black-friday. I assume majority will get them tomorrow/Tuesday. I traded in my fat one yesterday in preparation for this.
I checked my stores today and you are right, PS5 Slim Spiderman bundles are starting to show up in my area.

Having to go to Gamestop at 5am in the morning on BF seems like a complete waste of time this year since we can already get the deals now. Unless I am missing a sale that's suppose to start later in the week.

The one guy at my Gamestop always pitches with his Pro membership speech that price matching comes with Pro. Assuming it's specifically a Pro thing, how lenient is it? Must be a very major retailer (BB, Walmart, Amazon), must be a new, sealed game to price match?

It's a long shot but there's some good pricing on gamefly I wouldn't mind seeing if they'd match for preowned games.
lmao... Gamestop isn't going to price match Gamefly for pre-owned games. I think you'd get a blank stare from most clerks if you even asked.

Tbh it’s probably the postal worker scanning it in wrong at pickup. They can easily marked it as delivered vs accepted.
Cool, hope you're right. The pro day sale they ended up not shipping a couple things out at all and that took a couple emails then a call to finally fix..

In short, there are currently two 20% trade-in boost promos: 1.) for Black Friday and 2.) towards the purchase of either CoDMWIII, SMRPG, or HL; thus, 40%.

Both MLB The Show 23 and Redfall are $9.99 each at Best Buy. Taking both promos into account, the current trade-in values would be $19.60 and $22.40, respectively; thus, $42.

For those of us who recently purchased SMRPG, and despite the $8 difference...I now believe the T2G50F40+ promo would've been best used for a different game. I'll go find out whether or not I can make an exchange for another game. Honestly glad I didn't unseal my copy yet...

[Update 11/21: MLB The Show 23 TiV has been nerfed]

FC24 was a good fodder yesterday when it was $33 base. Down to $18.70 today. Bestbuy & target had them on sale for $29.99 since yesturday.
On saturday 11/18, you could of also traded both MLB the show 23 and redfall for $50 credit towards any new game $39.99+. That's how I got Mario Wonder and Star Ocean Second Story R

Damn. Well, there goes that...Time to see if there's anything to grab for the Trade More, Get More promo from this B2G1...

Any suggestions?
Im gonna try to get Gamestop to price match Hogwarts at bestbuy for $20. Has current base of $22. Obviously if they price match that, will get them to price match Redfall & Mlb23.

Im gonna try to get Gamestop to price match Hogwarts at bestbuy for $20. Has current base of $22. Obviously if they price match that, will get them to price match Redfall & Mlb23.
If you going to price match, go to another big retailer like walmart or target. Much easier and so that GS won't red flag those games and bring the trade value down. That way other peeps can get TV deals.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got 3 games from the last big clearance sale. All came "GS new." 2 unsealed, & 1 had the big fat sticker. I reached out to my state's office of consumer protection and complained about how there was no way to tell if the games were truly new or not since they didn't have the plastic wrap on them. I also mentioned how since they didn't all have the circle seal, if I were to return the games, I might not be able to return them and would instead have to take the lower trade-in value. (I might have also mentioned how every store has the wall of gutted games.)  I requested a replacement order with new games with the plastic wrap still on them, offering to return the received games to a local store as an act of goodwill.

I'm not dumb. I know there was a major chance that the games I bought wouldn't come sealed. But I figured I'd put in an official complaint about GS's sucky business practices. If the office of consumer protection did some research, they might make GS change their practices or fine them.

Lo and behold, GS reached out to me and said they couldn't get me new copies as they are out of stock (surprise, surprise). HOWEVER, they were going to refund my order AND give me a $25 gift card as result. Moral of the story? Complain to your state's office of consumer protection when GS does shady stuff to you.

Right joy cons are $15 left are $12 so $32.40 a pair, not a terrible deal, I took in 3 pair and if a better trade deal comes up will end up trade banned, but I only have around 10 pair left.

Do yall remember if the trade more, get more TIVs are usually higher than 40% we might get now? I assume the TIVs have already been nuked for now, yeah?

I ordered God of War: Ragnarok for PS4 for in-store pick up (I also had a gift card to use), at location that is, maybe, the third closest to me, so I hardly ever go there. The game was sealed, but the big surprise is this store had 4 employees working at the same time.

I ordered God of War: Ragnarok for PS4 for in-store pick up (I also had a gift card to use), at location that is, maybe, the third closest to me, so I hardly ever go there. The game was sealed, but the big surprise is this store had 4 employees working at the same time.
They have definitely added seasonal help. I was at a store over the weekend where there were also 4 workers. One was definitely being trained and another said they were from a different store and were there helping.

You can always just return the game for your full trade credit back rather than exchanging.
Appreciate the advice! Saved me a ton of trouble looking for a game with equivalent value. Got my credit card partially refunded and the rest of the T2G50F40+ trade-in value onto a GS TiV card. Been eyeballing that uber cute Godzilla plush backpack for a long while now but otf about spending $60 despite the full refund...tempting the more I think about it.

In short, there are currently two 20% trade-in boost promos: 1.) for Black Friday and 2.) towards the purchase of either CoDMWIII, SMRPG, or HL; thus, 40%.

Both MLB The Show 23 and Redfall are $9.99 each at Best Buy. Taking both promos into account, the current trade-in values would be $19.60 and $22.40, respectively; thus, $42.

For those of us who recently purchased SMRPG, and despite the $8 difference...I now believe the T2G50F40+ promo would've been best used for a different game. I'll go find out whether or not I can make an exchange for another game. Honestly glad I didn't unseal my copy yet...
Also, stack confirmed after having GS employee simulate a trade for me.

I don't like putting cash into GameStop credit ever. If you're going to it better be 2x credit for cash at least. Those mlb and redfall flips aren't bad but it's a hassle having to buy a game for it. Especially since a copy of each isn't enough to cover any of the eligible trade bonus games.

And no guarantee the values don't drop for the next trade more promo

I don't like putting cash into GameStop credit ever. If you're going to it better be 2x credit for cash at least. Those mlb and redfall flips aren't bad but it's a hassle having to buy a game for it. Especially since a copy of each isn't enough to cover any of the eligible trade bonus games.

im just using them to rack up some extra credit towards a ps5. thankfully these stores are near me

I wouldn't have gone through all the hassle either but I had about $90 left in Best Buy gift card from my PS4 Pro trade and wanted to convert it to PSN Credits. I was able convert the BB gift card to the GameStop credit using these trades and buy PSN credits with it. I think if the value holds (hopefully at least on Sunday), you'll definitely make double what you paid for each game.

Just casually browsing and... end up putting in 3 orders and spent $300 on the B2G1F. Fingers crossed I get complete copies (LOL I know right?). 

Did finally get confirmation that GS terminated my main account with them. Pretty sure the last straw was when the store that fulfilled an order chopped off the unit number on my address & a package got returned to sender, but then also sat at the post office for a month on top of that. I'm sure returning gutted games along the way didn't help but that was the last "return".

(Also as a side note, I would have gladly taken exchanges BUT had one store who said "we can't do exchanges because our internet signal is weak" and another say "your copies look better than ours")

Luckily had zero points and Pro had expired, so no harm done there. Maybe I'll make an account as Ryan Cohen since nobody checks ID around me anyways.

bread's done
Back