The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Not tomorrow? Wouldn't be surprised if it gets nuked midday tomorrow like MLB was today.
i dont think the 4/40% (50% with PUR) trade in deal starts until friday so ive been holding. its thankfully held its value unlike mlb which has gone up and down in value 3 times over the last week

Last edited by a moderator:
Redfall XSX currently shows 325 pre-owned copies throughout the US at stores.

MLB The Show 23 PS4 shows 885 pre-owned copies throughout the US at stores for comparison.

Tour De France 2022 PS5 shows 2 pre-owned copies throughout the US at stores and has been a flip for 6 months now when price matching the website for $5.99.

So while everyone can speculate when Gamestop will change prices on trade values, It's really hard to say when they will fix things.

i dont think the 4/40% (50% with PUR) trade in deal starts until friday so ive been holding. its thankfully held its value unlike mlb which has gone up and down in value 3 times over the last week
He said the 4/40% starts 11/26. It follows their usual weekly ad cycle.

Some upcoming trade promos and deals for you guys.

*Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Pre Owned Games
(11/19-11/22 Pro Members Early Access | Everyone else 11/23-11/25)

*$50 GameStop Gift Card with purchase of Quest 2 headset. 11/19-11/27
(I believe this stacks on top of the $50 off MSRP price drop currently going)

*$50 off all Series X systems 11/18-11/27
(Current free Digital game deal ends when this one starts so you can’t double dip).

*Double trade bonus for Pros 11/19-11/25
(I think this is where you get 20% extra trade credit vs the Normal 10% for being a pro.)

*Trade more, Save More promo on video game software
11/26-12/9

Trade 2 Get 20% Extra credit
Trade 3 Get 30% Extra credit
Trade 4 or more get 40% extra credit

(Not much details that I saw about exclusions, and I’m thinking this isn’t including the pro bonus, but the double trade bonus for pros listed above will end when this promo starts)

Edit: This isn’t everything on sale for Black Fridays just some stuff previewed ahead that I came across.

I don't think there's a chance in hell redfall holds until Sunday. I could be wrong but didn't want to gamble and traded mine in today. Easy way to double the initial $10

Took the plunge on certain trades with boosts today as never certain they will hold or not given history

Pro comes up free
d692729cb9c998e37139d59217ceac68.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I don't think there's a chance in hell redfall holds until Sunday. I could be wrong but didn't want to gamble and traded mine in today. Easy way to double the initial $10
at worst dont open them of you have them yet. if it holds through tomorrow then it should hold by the 26th. just dump them fast

Is anyone else basically done with GameStop since they stopped allowing trade credit for digital credit?
I, for one, don't buy anything digital-related thru GS cept for when the complete edition of Overcooked 1 & 2 for NSW was only $5. Looking back I came across some amazing rare finds in-store, the latest being Puppeteer and the earliest being Spider-Man Edge of Time CiB. In two consecutive years a friend of mine lost his phone. Purchasing refurbed through GS granted a handsome amount of PURPro points in return. After the recent Pro Week and during this Black Friday especially, call me a GShill but...I see myself sticking around with GS for another year or so despite the negative controversies but moreso because this community is still passionate about, or adverse to, finding the best deals for themselves which ultimately helps you out too. Not to mention the clerical errors employees tend to overlook when labeling their inventory. And let's just say that I wouldn't have had the grand opportunity to acquire a certain sought-after product whilst adhering to their constantly changing consumer policy in my favor. I count all my W's with more to come.

Sheets been updated. Even with the B2G1 there are barely any flips but the usual suspects. Going to try something new. Hoping I can get a price tracker working for Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, Gamefly and other sites to hope flips expand a bit. If there are any other major gaming retailers to include please mention them.

Matchpoint: Tennis Championships
Scar's Above
MX vs. ATV
TT Isle of Man are flippable. Hopefully I can get this working soon.

Sheets been updated. Even with the B2G1 there are barely any flips but the usual suspects. Going to try something new. Hoping I can get a price tracker working for Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, Gamefly and other sites to hope flips expand a bit. If there are any other major gaming retailers to include please mention them.

Matchpoint: Tennis Championships
Scar's Above
MX vs. ATV
TT Isle of Man are flippable. Hopefully I can get this working soon.
These sheets, are they in the room with us now?

It looks like there’s a 20% bump to controllers for Pro members? I have the original DualSense and was going to trade it for a different once since the original white ones are known to develop drift. Am I safe with a black or purple one?

It looks like there’s a 20% bump to controllers for Pro members? I have the original DualSense and was going to trade it for a different once since the original white ones are known to develop drift. Am I safe with a black or purple one?
Not sure if things have changed, but the black and white were the same quality wise and all the colors were the updated ones. Not sure at this point if the black and white controllers have been updated too

There was a revision of the board I think in 2021 or 2022 but they're still using the same crappy analog sticks that eventually break down & drift.

All colors produced in the last year or so should have an FCC ID on the back of the controller that end in “1A”. Cobalt blue and volcanic red are “1B”. Originals end in “1”.

Picked up my $10 redfall from Best Buy and went down the street to trade in for $19.20 at GameStop. Didn’t bother trading toward anything. I am pro now as I may have gotten in on the free membership glitch last night…or paid $25. Time will tell.

My Best Buy and GameStop are close so if the profit is worthwhile, I place a store pickup order at Best Buy, confirm the trade value right before pickup, and buy/sell. If the value has tanked, I let the pickup expire or cancel it.

Picked up my $10 redfall from Best Buy and went down the street to trade in for $19.20 at GameStop. Didn’t bother trading toward anything. I am pro now as I may have gotten in on the free membership glitch last night…or paid $25. Time will tell.

My Best Buy and GameStop are close so if the profit is worthwhile, I place a store pickup order at Best Buy, confirm the trade value right before pickup, and buy/sell. If the value has tanked, I let the pickup expire or cancel it.
Check your points and report back regarding that "free" pro. Curious if they clawed back.

I just went to my local Gamestop that I always go to check and see if they had the PS5 Slim Spider-man 2 bundle and they flat out lied to me saying " That bundle does not exist, we only have the Fat PS5 Spider-man 2 bundle." The funny thing was there was a picture of it right on the desk and they blatantly lied that it didn't exist. I knew the store down the road about 5 miles from me had just got a shipment in and I was able to get one. I was able to use my 10k PUR points to knock $10 off the PS5. Moral of the story is only go to a store that shows the bundle in-stock with the online checker.

The funny thing was there was a picture of it right on the desk and they blatantly lied that it didn't exist.
I think you're mistaking ignorance for malice. Seasonal workers who are just looking for a job don't know much about games. Frankly, even some of my stores normal employees don't know much.

bread's done
Back