The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
They're absolutely still linked.

Also as stated above, Gift card and trade cards are different and purchasing with them lines up with the chart.

Question: Is there a maximum number of GameStop gift cards you can use towards an online console purchase for in-store pickup? Thanks in advance.

Question: Is there a maximum number of GameStop gift cards you can use towards an online console purchase for in-store pickup? Thanks in advance.
Yes. I don't remember the exact number. It might've been 2.
Yeah 2 is the max now which really sucks. Before the website revamp I believe it was 10 (7 is the most I ever used then) but someone correct me if I'm wrong

FWIW, word on the employee reddit is that GameStop will be closing a significant amount of stores in 2024. The number I’ve heard floating around is about 500 stores (something like 17-18%). Grain of salt and all that but sounds like closures will be announced February and happen in March.

FWIW, word on the employee reddit is that GameStop will be closing a significant amount of stores in 2024. The number I’ve heard floating around is about 500 stores (something like 17-18%). Grain of salt and all that but sounds like closures will be announced February and happen in March.
It would make sense since 1474 store leases expire for fiscal 2023. There have been a handful of closures the past few months, but not many yet.

Anybody trade in P5T for the switch (or any version I guess) yet for this trade boost? Curious as to how much ya got for it.

I have $5 monthly coupon and my points I made into a coupon. Any suggestions, membership expires the 28th and not renewing
I would probably just use the site to search a store's available inventory (sorted by price) and buy something for free (or close to it) to use up your certs. I did that last month and ended up with a clearance XXL mousepad ($6) and mechanical keyboard ($13).

At least I can say that the keyboard was good for a solid laugh. The retail box comes with multiple round, black stickers which claim, "FPS OPTIMIZED."

Last edited:
I have $5 monthly coupon and my points I made into a coupon. Any suggestions, membership expires the 28th and not renewing
If you're lucky, you might find one of those earbuds by Atrix at up to 75% off clearance. They're oddly designed with one wire shorter than the other, and the overall length is very short since they're tailor-made for VR, but if you connect a female-to-male 3.5mm AUX audio extension cable you'll have yourself a pair of quality noise-cancelling earbuds with strong bass for all of your handheld gaming needs! Yugioh GX Spirit Caller on DS BGM is great to hear again!

Two questions for my fellow cags (not trying to be a troll)

1. Does anybody call a store in order to get a TIV instead of praying someone here answers their question?

2. Do you guys usually play dumb when going to GameStop? Pretending to not know what your games are going to trade in for, being shocked when your monthly coupon works on something exactly $5 (new copy of Scarlet Nexus), etc...

1. Does anybody call a store in order to get a TIV instead of praying someone here answers their question?

2. Do you guys usually play dumb when going to GameStop? Pretending to not know what your games are going to trade in for, being shocked when your monthly coupon works on something exactly $5 (new copy of Scarlet Nexus), etc...

1. My experience is that my stores are hit or miss for employees helping. Plus they're busier now and they don't always answer.

2. No.

Any time I have ever called a Gamestop, they either don't answer or put me on hold and then hang up a few minutes later.

The worst part about them not answering the phone is when you are in one store and they are out of stock on something you want. You then have that store call the other store and they don't even pick up.

1. Nope. Googling it has never failed me. I don't trade in much new release type stuff, though.
2. Nope, I have a plan all laid out. I even bring in a printed sheet with all my SKUs on it and what they will trade for. I trade in lots of oddball controllers and accessories that newer employees sometimes have a hard time looking up, though.

1. Nope. Googling it has never failed me. I don't trade in much new release type stuff, though.
2. Nope, I have a plan all laid out. I even bring in a printed sheet with all my SKUs on it and what they will trade for. I trade in lots of oddball controllers and accessories that newer employees sometimes have a hard time looking up, though.
Found the old fart.

The Avatar CE got stuck in limbo and OOS. I cancelled it and used my remaining trade credit from last weekend to get the standard edition for now. Prolly best that way. Way fewer reasons to use this dumb retailer now.

1000001832.jpg
Gamestop's new attempt to save the company. Everything is done through Asurion. Have to call it in for getting a refurbished replacement. Ship in the defective unit. Pay a Service Fee when utilizing it. So a console would be $179 in month 12 compared to just buying the protection plan upfront. Incredible.

Indeed, but no way I'm handing them my phone or anything else while they clicky clack hunt and peck through that shit system. Some of the stuff I bring in is older than the kids working and they don't even know what it is.
Haha whatever works. I have the trade values on my notes app and never thought about needing to show them.

So I had the Avatar Gold edition pre-ordered from Gamestop.com. On Tuesday I got a shipping email with a tracking number. It is now Saturday and the tracking still says USPS is waiting to receive the item which is what it has said since Tuesday. Should I be worried about this?

So I had the Avatar Gold edition pre-ordered from Gamestop.com. On Tuesday I got a shipping email with a tracking number. It is now Saturday and the tracking still says USPS is waiting to receive the item which is what it has said since Tuesday. Should I be worried about this?
Nope that's normal. GS doesn't take packages to USPS, it depends when USPS comes and gets them(it's not every day at most locations)

Indeed, but no way I'm handing them my phone or anything else while they clicky clack hunt and peck through that shit system. Some of the stuff I bring in is older than the kids working and they don't even know what it is.
My store only takes the print outs, it’s silly but I’ve used this many times when the system drops the value but the website shows a higher one.

Was in a Ganestop yesterday and heard the store manager tell an ESL Dad they only price match the Gamestop website for Pro members. She was doing the hard sell on that "only $25" membership.

Felt shady af to me.

Gamestop's new attempt to save the company. Everything is done through Asurion. Have to call it in for getting a refurbished replacement. Ship in the defective unit. Pay a Service Fee when utilizing it. So a console would be $179 in month 12 compared to just buying the protection plan upfront. Incredible.

Jjust last week I overheard some DM blasting asurion and touting Gamestop's best warranty policy in the business during a team call. I'm gonna brick my oculus quest 2 and get a new one before they try to renege on the 2yr policy i bought.

That's actually true. Pricematching is reserved for Pro members. Even then, they still probably can't PM everything like $350 Series Xs.
Getting a $5 price match was torture too. Refused for a completely arbitrary, "let me ask my manager" then "it's an online price only."

Well I'm sitting on about $400 in trade credit after these trade deals, just need Nintendo to announce the super switch already.
Don't think that's gonna happen, rumor is Nintendo is releasing another version of the Switch called the Touch Switch. Same as the current OLED model except there are now LCD touch screens that take place of the Joy-Cons, they're called Joy-TouchYourselves. No more stick drift!

PS- source of the rumor is me.

“GameStop's potential new strategy: Let Ryan Cohen buy other stocks with company cash”

Let’s see how quickly he burns through all of GameStop’s cash gambling on unrelated companies. Doomed.

GTA V PS5 is on sale for $19.99. According to the internet, this version is a little better than the PC version, although that was from 2022. Don’t know if PC was ever updated since then.

bread's done
Back