The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
So they upped the shipping from $8 to $11 for orders under $79. Surprised they didn't just up the shipping threshold to $100 but guess they'll do that sooner than later.

Doesn’t even make sense. It costs me like $6 to ship a game I sell on eBay lol. Regardless, just buy more and return the extras

It's because they moved all to Fedex through December supposedly because of how long USPS orders are sitting right now

First year in a long time with no hardware trade in boost in December. I went ahead and traded in everything I had been saving. If it happens next week it happens, but it usually has by now.

Web In Store orders for Pro Members still have free shipping for orders $25 and over. A true "Pro membership" benefit that is unadvertised.

But you have to go to the store to place the order and then go back when the order arrives. That's a lot of added hassle, time and gas when so many retailers offer free shipping at $25-35.

I'm getting a game for a friend. If I use coupons on a game and get a gift receipt, what happens if he returns the game? Does he get full credit in a gift card or only the amount after the coupons were used?

It's free to play. You must have been living under a rock to not know about Genshin Impact.

Heard of it, yes.
Ever looked into it for details? Nope.

Ah, it uses Epic Store. Makes sense why that ain't on Steam then.

EDIT - Was this an a Epic Freebie before? It's already in My Library.

Heard of it, yes.
Ever looked into it for details? Nope.

Ah, it uses Epic Store. Makes sense why that ain't on Steam then.

EDIT - Was this an a Epic Freebie before? It's already in My Library.
It's a Free To Play game and it might have just been next to the weekly freebies one time.

Dropped into one of my local stores to pick up Fallen Legion (PS5) for $19.99. The game was still 50% per the Clearance Sale from October but had a price drop from $59.99 to $39.99. Store Manager told me this is the last week for the Clearance Sale so if you have an eye on anything in particular, go and snatch it up. They also stated that there is a 'Pro Week' starting on Sunday so we'll see where that goes. Hopefully some decent deals to spend some trade credit on at least. I'm hoping for a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale as one of my local stores has used copies of Pikmin 4 & Super Mario RPG.

Guess I missed the bit where GS stopped allowing monthly rewards towards psn/eshop cards. Wish I knew that before driving out to one.
I think they have changed the rules at least three times since I joined Pro almost two years ago. Each time sucks a bit more. Unfortunately I still have three months before things expire. Wish I could just gift the codes to somebody who could use them.

Just learned from a GSA that if you spend over $250, you get a free Pro membership on top of the $25 off promo.
I don't care what they are doing to try to get people to continue with Pro...the membership is absolutely useless for me (I decided half way through PS4 life cycle to stop trading in games). My membership expires in 16 days and then I have no reason to shop at Gamestop anymore.

Trying to burn through $10 in credit, but refuse to pay $8 shipping on a single game (and my local stores have nothing when check online stock)

I'm actually subbed for a few more years thanks to the essentially free renewal a while back. But if not for that then I'd be done with Gamestop Pro. Never thought I'd see the day.

I don't care what they are doing to try to get people to continue with Pro...the membership is absolutely useless for me (I decided half way through PS4 life cycle to stop trading in games). My membership expires in 16 days and then I have no reason to shop at Gamestop anymore.

Trying to burn through $10 in credit, but refuse to pay $8 shipping on a single game (and my local stores have nothing when check online stock)
Shipping is 10-12$ now just as a psa.

I was able to get the Sora amiibo pre-ordered online and the shipping was $7.99, which is already ridiculous. Raising it even further is such a dimwitted and typically short-minded, bandaid-fix corporate decision that will further bite them in the ass. Last night, they put Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl on sale for only $20 as a Pro Member DOTD, but not only did every location within 100 miles of me inexplicably not have either copy in stock, but it would have been $10.99 to ship Pearl (Diamond was long gone). Now, I hated Brilliant Diamond when I played it, but I figured $20 was nothing to give it another chance. $31, on the other hand, for what's likely a gutted copy, is assuredly not. I can get it for that price on ebay. Also, speaking of ebay, I can ship a Switch game I sell on there for $4-5. $11 is a colossal rip-off, and you know Gamestop is getting a huge deal on shipping costs (every business does), so they're just pocketing that extra money.

Just another classic Gamestop fail.

It's free to play. You must have been living under a rock to not know about Genshin Impact.

Genshin and Tower Of Fantasy will not run on Linux due to anti cheat. I had to install Windows to play. I rather get a PS portal as the steam deck has stability issues.

Just got back from Gamestop. I got the Xbox Series X Diablo bundle for $358 after coupons. It rang up at $374.99 in store because of the $25 off of $250.

Found House of the Dead Remake PS4 tonight when I was getting Forgotten Lands. Had asked a few stores and they said the entire state was sold out. Gonna try it out with Aim Controllers tonight.

$20 for AEW fight forever is tempting. It just screams coming to Game Pass or PS Premium soon though. Hmm. PSVR2 is $100 off tomorrow along with some Zelda stuff going on sale. I might finally be getting PSVR2! Will see if any actually are in stock near me. I have no problem going in store to get that extra $25 off.

Tomorrow's DOTD includes $100 off PSVR2, $25 off Tears of the Kingdom strategy guides, and 40% off Legend of Zelda accessories.
jbb.gif

Aside from saving on PSVR2, that's a pretty pathetic line-up. If it's anything like the $20 Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl deal, no store nearby will have anything in stock and the $10.99 shipping charge will negate any savings.

bread's done
Back