The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Stellar service from GS support - after about a week of trying to get them to cancel remainder of BF order that's just been stuck "preparing for shipment", someone finally had some sense. Everyone else just said "oh i see everything is showing as delivered, you can't return clearance items".

The Zelda hardcover guides are usually quite nice. I ended up grabbing it on Amazon for a $1 more because it wasn't in stock at GameStop here.

Just got back from a Gamestop store. No PSVR2 headsets only were in stock within 50 miles to get the $25 so I got the COTM bundle instead. Having the headset only shipped to me was only $21 cheaper than getting the bundle in store after you factored in the $5 monthly and a $5 cert I had. The employees price matched the website and even redeemed my $5 monthly and a cert so I can confirm both of those will work IN STORE. I don't want COTM so I will just sell the digital code. I'm glad I was able to get in on this deal even with the gift card mistake issue.
In case you aren't aware, the email this morning stated PSVR2 was $100 off PLUS a $50 gift card. The gift card was not applying to the online order. An hour later on the phone speaking to a GS supervisor didn't help anything. Was told over and over again the promotion wasn't available. It didn't matter how much logic I used, he said he was told that the gift card promotion ran out. When I told him that it runs all day and if it ran out, why did the $100 off still work? He says he doesn't know and to take it up with corporate. He gives me the number(which is a different number that takes you to the same place) and ends the call. It's clearly a mistake but instead of sending out a retraction email, I get fed this BS. Seriously, an email right when the mistake was realized would have cleared it all up with me.

I called up a local store and was told that they mixed up the $50 gift card that is included with a Quest 2 and applied it with the PSVR2. He said he couldn't offer me a gift card because it was clearly a mistake. Anyway, I finally have a PSVR2 now so that's good at least.

Last edited:
Didn't apply in store yesterday when I picked up AEW. They had to override the price to match the website.
Thanks. I just checked a local store. DotD not active instore. But I found the last paperback guide under a stack of GI magazines. Employee allowed a PM to the GS site and the use of my near-worthless $5 monthly cert.
Do online certs work on the Pro deals today?
The monthly $5 wouldn't apply because the price already had a promo. So it's likely the same is true with certs bought with points.

Thanks. I just checked a local store. DotD not active instore. But I found the last paperback guide under a stack of GI magazines. Employee allowed a PM to the GS site and the use of my near-worthless $5 monthly cert.

The monthly $5 wouldn't apply because the price already had a promo. So it's likely the same is true with certs bought with points.
Check out my post. Both monthly and cert worked IN STORE.

pro week is next week. just left a gamestop and employee was telling me about while telling me he couldnt tell me about it haha

VR2 still too high. $299 or less 🙏🏼 As for game deals,saw plenty of the Pokemon so nobody is really missing out much. The Scarlet/Violet double pack was way more better of a deal but scarce

VR2 still too high. $299 or less 🙏🏼 As for game deals,saw plenty of the Pokemon so nobody is really missing out much. The Scarlet/Violet double pack was way more better of a deal but scarce
You're going to be waiting a very long time. I have seen it on sale locally on offerup for $400 brand new but I can't see anyone selling it for $300 even if it's used.

I genuinely don’t understand how the portal is so in demand lol
its a fantastic companion device. especially for people who have kids and they want to watch tv. it works fantastically as you can play your ps5 anywhere around the house. sometimes i want to take a break from my big screen and play a game on my bed lol

its a fantastic companion device. especially for people who have kids and they want to watch tv. it works fantastically as you can play your ps5 anywhere around the house. sometimes i want to take a break from my big screen and play a game on my bed lol

Maybe there are use case scenarios I'm not thinking of, but for me personally at least I don't see how the Portal could do anything I can't do with my iPhone or laptop, a PS5 controller, and the Remote Play apps 🤷🏾‍♂️

If only there was a console that would come out that allowed you to play on the TV and then take the system with you wherever you go......

Maybe there are use case scenarios I'm not thinking of, but for me personally at least I don't see how the Portal could do anything I can't do with my iPhone or laptop, a PS5 controller, and the Remote Play apps 🤷🏾‍♂️

I can't tell what it is but seems like TVs are waning in demand as kids seem to love their phones/tablets, even though TVs are so damn cheap. I've got a 18 year old, 15 year old and 9 year old cousin and they all watch stuff on their phones and tablets. Even the Switch, they don't play it docked even though they have multiple TVs in their house. The 18 year old just started school and said very few people bother with TVs their phones/tablets are just more convenient.

I guess I understand that use case. It just seems like such a niche case for them to be sold out everywhere lol. But the market says otherwise!

Avatar Frontiers of Pandora is already $20 off, including the collector's edition. Get shafted for those who pre-ordered.

I guess I understand that use case. It just seems like such a niche case for them to be sold out everywhere lol. But the market says otherwise!
Probably didn’t produce many of them. They rightly figured that low supply would push up demand and provide free marketing via the frenzy.

bread's done
Back