The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Is there a way to search by a price range on the website anymore? For example games between $5-10? Can’t seem to find it anymore

Does the 20% extra trade credit stack with the 20% deal for certain pre-orders? Was going to do a pre-order for FF7 Rebirth and wanted to know if that would work.

My PUR Pro expired on 01/04/2024 but I still see the $5 coupon in my account (also saved an item in my cart with it applied as a backup).

Does anyone know if the $5 reward will still work for in store Purchase now that my Pro is expired?

My PUR Pro expired on 01/04/2024 but I still see the $5 coupon in my account (also saved an item in my cart with it applied as a backup).

Does anyone know if the $5 reward will still work for in store Purchase now that my Pro is expired?
The subscription is required to be active in order to apply the cert in-store, even if it's just sitting there on your account.

Does GameStop have the ability to test PS3 controllers for trades? I have only had them test XB1/PS4 controllers and newer. I picked up a PS3 controller at some point for like a quarter. I would love to dump it, but I have no way to test it as far as I know. Nothing connects when I plug it into my PC.

Does GameStop have the ability to test PS3 controllers for trades? I have only had them test XB1/PS4 controllers and newer. I picked up a PS3 controller at some point for like a quarter. I would love to dump it, but I have no way to test it as far as I know. Nothing connects when I plug it into my PC.
Do you see flashing lights when you plug the controller into the PC (after pressing the PS button?) That would usually indicate that it works.

I tried to trade in my Dualshock 3 on Friday. My controller turned on, but I'm trading it in big it has drift. Guy couldn't get his computer to test my controller so he was going to give me $1 something since his software wasn't working properly. I just kept the controller. I also traded in my son's Series S white controller. The LB button doesn't work. Guy didn't seem to test it out, but hit my with refurb fee because there was some dirt on the back. I went along since I knew I was going to get hit either way. Came out to $15 and change

I remember my dualshock 3 being very finicky on which cable would charge it. So if the battery is dead and the cable won't charge it, then the lights won't come on, but still could be functional.

When I traded mine in they just pressed the buttons. My controller worked fully, I'm just never going to buy another PS3 in the future

I remember my dualshock 3 being very finicky on which cable would charge it. So if the battery is dead and the cable won't charge it, then the lights won't come on, but still could be functional.

more down to the charging source, but can be finicky with cable too.

pretty much charges only off a ps3, ds3 specific charger, or a pc with the 'right' mini USB to USB-A cable

Is there a current 20% TIV bonus regardless of preorder, or is it just for preordering certain games? The website lists both promos and I highly doubt they stack.

Is there a current 20% TIV bonus regardless of preorder, or is it just for preordering certain games? The website lists both promos and I highly doubt they stack.

There's a 20% bonus for any trades, doesn't require a pre-order.
To elaborate further, the no-preorder-required bonus only lasts through this Saturday (1/13) while the preorder-required bonus lasts through 2/3.

FYI the trade in value for PS5 AEW Fight Forever is $15 base just in case anyone was looking to purge their copy from their collection. I bought it on a GS Deal of the Day a few weeks back for $20 but decided to cut bait on it.

I'm going to have to start looking through my old contollers to see what to trade in. I can't find a listing for the Xbox Elite controller on the GameStop website so I might just take a chance just in case they give any significant value for it.

Nintendo Wii LAN Adapters are getting $6 base 👀

Traded in my PS5 disc edition for 396.50 this evening. Other highlight was getting $32.50 for Ghost of Tsushima DC for PS5.

I was still able to use my trade credit on Eshop and Xbox cards

My store also had FF VII Crisis Core for $15 for Xbox ($10 after monthly coupon). I'm glad I only have 3 more months of Pro left. These $5 coupons are tough to use up when you can't get trade credit.

JFrFsExqz2jn0hPTCj.webp

:xb1: MLB The Show 23 value stayed strong today so I used it to suppliment a trade for Tekken 8. After watching the Tekken World Tour Finals yesterday, I am looking forward to getting back into the mix on that game. I wish GS would have other titles for the boost than what's being offered but you can always pull the ol' switcheroo after preordering so that should not be a determent.

ah dang, I forgot about trading towards preorder for 20% more but got $19.80 for MLB the show on xbox one. Thanks for the tip!

...that and my $5 monthly next month should pretty much cover my Pro membership renewal, which I was not going to do for $25 but $10 out of pocket? I can swing it. No pun intended.

ah dang, I forgot about trading towards preorder for 20% more but got $19.80 for MLB the show on xbox one. Thanks for the tip!

...that and my $5 monthly next month should pretty much cover my Pro membership renewal, which I was not going to do for $25 but $10 out of pocket? I can swing it. No pun intended.
Do they let you use the $5 monthly toward Pro renewal now? Last May when my membership was up for renewal they could not apply the monthly toward it.

Do they let you use the $5 monthly toward Pro renewal now? Last May when my membership was up for renewal they could not apply the monthly toward it.

Ah dang... would not be surprised, that sucks.

edit- looks like from a google search they do not. wonderful haha

I still have points can convert to fortunately

Last edited:
After 20+ years, finally let the last of my pro accounts expire without renewal. Combo of $11 shipping, $79 for free shipping, and lack of titles in store, was the final nail, along with all the other usual BS. Even the MLB 23 xbox flip for $10 to $20+, wasnt enough incentive. It gonna take something Legendary, to get me back. Good luck Cagers, for now Ill stick with Ebay and Best buy sales.

Went in last week and was told my membership was expiring. My rejection was met with silence. I think this will ultimately start a downward spiral that the company isn't likely to pull themselves out of. The employees know a $25 membership is an impossible sell, and that's a LOT of lost income and guaranteed foot traffic. Gamestop isn't long for this world.

Went in last week and was told my membership was expiring. My rejection was met with silence. I think this will ultimately start a downward spiral that the company isn't likely to pull themselves out of. The employees know a $25 membership is an impossible sell, and that's a LOT of lost income and guaranteed foot traffic. Gamestop isn't long for this world.
It’s not just the almost 70% increase in membership cost over the last few years, it’s the dwindling return on that membership. It used to be 10% extra credit, 10% off pre-owned, and a game informer subscription. We didn’t know how good we had it then, it’s been a constant pullback of benefits for the last 5 years or so all the while prices continually increasing on it.

After 20+ years, finally let the last of my pro accounts expire without renewal. Combo of $11 shipping, $79 for free shipping, and lack of titles in store, was the final nail, along with all the other usual BS. Even the MLB 23 xbox flip for $10 to $20+, wasnt enough incentive. It gonna take something Legendary, to get me back. Good luck Cagers, for now Ill stick with Ebay and Best buy sales.
Also OfferUp and Facebook Marketplace. Support your local gamers!

The pro membership for sure got a lot worse, but I still think it worth it for $25, depending on many games you buy. If you buy $200 worth of used games, a year, you get $10off. Combine that with a few $5 monthlies used the points you earn and it still pays for itself.

The pro membership for sure got a lot worse, but I still think it worth it for $25, depending on many games you buy. If you buy $200 worth of used games, a year, you get $10off. Combine that with a few $5 monthlies used the points you earn and it still pays for itself.
It's definitely financially worth it, depending on what you buy. I just have no interest in monitoring my Gamestop account to ensure that I've physically walked into the store every month, just to save $5 on a pack of cards, or something else minor. The increased shipping cost/minimum purchase for free shipping is also extremely detrimental - makes me completely ignore their webpage now. So, might as well just ignore their physical stores too.

Just got a “new“ game in one of their generic black stinky cases, that is always a treat. They aren’t just cutting back on benefits or raising prices, they are increasingly scamming customers as well. I don’t think it’s based on just selling pre-owned as new, but ease of fulfillment, and just clearing out inventory. Waste of my time and patience having to go out in this weather, to a store filled with nothing I’m interested in browsing, to argue with an underpaid and untrained temp about being unable to a return a ”new” game after it’s open.

5% ROI LOL

bread's done
Back