The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
The OLED is great. But it really isn't the best time to be paying for a Switch at full price....At all. It's 7 years old dude. We should be getting them on clearance for ~$200ish late this summer, is the thing to look for.

Do what you want. But you're asking a financial question. No, don't blow all your trade credit on a full-priced system that's about to become previous gen. The answer is clear: wait and buy an OLED on clearance or else wait and buy the Switch 2. Now really is not the time. If you've waited this long then you can wait 6 more months. There's going to be some closeout deals, as well as a new $400 system.
But Switch 1 Animal Crossing Edition tho

COD MW3 XB360 down to $1 base trade. Lots of drops on console trade values as well today.
imma tell you right now if microsoft reveals that they are indeed going third party next week then gamestop better get ready for a huge influx of xbox related trade ins. that will also tank TIV’s due to overstock. they wont be able to sell those consoles nor the disks. there will be no point in owning a xbox anymore

Last edited:
imma tell you right now if microsoft reveals that they are indeed going third party next week then gamestop better get ready for a huge influx of xbox related trade ins. that will also tank TIV’s due to overstock. they wont be able to sell those consoles nor the disks. there will be no point in owning a xbox anymore
I disagree. Series X has features PlayStation 5 and Switch don't like having six games open at once. There are others but that's just one big example. I'm sure a lot of people prefer their layout and controller etc too

s
I disagree. Series X has features PlayStation 5 and Switch don't like having six games open at once. There are others but that's just one big example. I'm sure a lot of people prefer their layout and controller etc too
those things can easily be added in the future and i could see microsoft turning their current controllers into a third party controller for playstation

6 games open at once...that about sunms up the total number of Xbox Exclusive series :LOL:

Full disclosure: I have all the systems and appreciate the competetion amongst them. Again, X is going to release a handheld that blows the portal out of the water

Last edited:
High-key glad I resisted the temptation to double dip on a Series X becuzuh VRR and 120fps. Damn Sony console won't output 1440p/120fps on my Samsung NU8000 even thou it is more than capable (my Xbox One X can)...there IS a soft cheat to brute force 1440p on HDMI 2.0, but I've tried countless times with no luck despite following all directions to the T...I would love to play Hogwarts Legacy on my TV without compromising on both quality and performance...so instead I played the game on a bonafide 32-in Samsung 1440p/144fps curved VA panel, absolute perfection! Shame about the TV tho...

On the bright(?) side, MS will help keep GS afloat for another year or so due to said influx of trade-ins. Question, didn't MS save GS from bankruptcy just a few years ago?

Last edited:
High-key glad I resisted the temptation to double dip on a Series X becuzuh VRR and 120fps. Damn Sony console won't output 1440p/120fps on my Samsung NU8000 even thou it is more than capable (my Xbox One X can)...there IS a soft cheat to brute force 1440p on HDMI 2.0, but I've tried countless times with no luck despite following all directions to the T...I would love to play Hogwarts Legacy on my TV without compromising on both quality and performance...so instead I played the game on a bonafide 32-in Samsung 1440p/144fps curved VA panel, absolute perfection! Shame about the TV tho...

On the bright(?) side, MS will help keep GS afloat for another year or so due to said influx of trade-ins. Question, didn't MS save GS from bankruptcy just a few years ago?
i believe so. as for the increased stock from trade ins it becomes lost money if it stays on the shelf. if there is no demand for xbox anymore thats a huge loss for them

Does anybody own physical Xbox games now? I've had a series x, Xbox One x before that, and I own zero physical Xbox games. Everything is digital, that's the way they have been sending their consumers for years so I can't imagine there would be that crazy all of a sudden influx, but maybe I'm wrong.

Does anybody own physical Xbox games now? I've had a series x, Xbox One x before that, and I own zero physical Xbox games. Everything is digital, that's the way they have been sending their consumers for years so I can't imagine there would be that crazy all of a sudden influx, but maybe I'm wrong.
I’ve scooped up some that were record lows. Cyberpunk for $5, Crash racing for $6, Ace Combat 7 for $5. And some that are hard to come by digitally, old Forza Horizon games.

I also like picking up the sports games when they are a year or two old for practically free.

Last edited:
I mean I have a good amount. I tend not to buy physical games anymore. Just because of Microsoft rewards and stacking GameStop $5 monthlies over the years. But I will never pay cash for a digital game if I have the option of paying that cash for a physical game.

I own quite a few. After I got a Series X I picked up a good amount of Xbox One games, plus delisted games. And I won't have game pass forever, so I got some first party games. Like others have said, physical Xbox games can be dirt cheap. Cheaper than digital.

Yes, "high-value games" like Amazing Spider-Man 2, Deadpool, Transformers, Ultimate MvC3 on top of a buncha low-value ones from past B4F20; I honestly don't understand why a pre-owned copy of DMC5 Deluxe is priced considerably high...they're just facing forward lol.

There are some weirdos like me out there. I've been buying Xbox games for more than 20 years and never really stopped.

(OG Xbox and 360 near the top; Xbox One and Xbox Series X games closer to the bottom.)

1707606514_1.jpg

The reason I didn't get a Series X was after realizing that the only games I have on my Xbox One were Halo, Sunset Overdrive (great game) and random games I got on clearance for like $5 and never played. I barely turned on my XB1 and it was used mainly to test games.

Compared to my PlayStation collection that has a variety of games, mostly exclusives, that I routinely played.

So decided to skip the Series X unless I found it for dirt cheap, and even then I'd probably go without since all Xbox games that I'd want to play I could play elsewhere or on PC. Not surprising to see game stores that are either overflowing with Xbox games that no one buys, or doesn't except trades for them.

There are some weirdos like me out there. I've been buying Xbox games for more than 20 years and never really stopped.

(OG Xbox and 360 near the top; Xbox One and Xbox Series X games closer to the bottom.)

1707606514_1.jpg
The original Xbox was a great system, both to play and collect for. So many unique games on there and many were Microsoft owned studios. Mech Assault, Crimson Skies, Project Gotham Racing, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic (well, it was exclusive at the time anyway…).

They carried some of that into 360, but you could see hints of them focusing on service or products even back then. I want the Original Xbox Microsoft back, man they were firing on all cylinders back then.

I'm done with next generation console (XBOX X2, PS6) I am sure Next Generation XBOX will be digital. I will look into PS6 if it come with physical disc drive and can play PS5 games (likely 50% physical and 50% digital). Also, I will 100% support Nintendo on Switch 2. :)

I'm done with next generation console (XBOX X2, PS6) I am sure Next Generation XBOX will be digital. I will look into PS6 if it come with physical disc drive and can play PS5 games (likely 50% physical and 50% digital). Also, I will 100% support Nintendo on Switch 2. :)

I plan to support Nintendo with the switch 2 if it's a good console and not made with shoddy parts. I passed on the Wii U and the current switch. Last console I bought from them was the Wii, and of course all the handles. I still use my 3DS from time to time and have a good collection of 3DS games.

I plan to support Nintendo with the switch 2 if it's a good console and not made with shoddy parts. I passed on the Wii U and the current switch. Last console I bought from them was the Wii, and of course all the handles. I still use my 3DS from time to time and have a good collection of 3DS games.
Nintendo is widely considered the best game developer in the world. It's a shame that you've missed out on some of the best games of all time unless you play them by illegal means on your PC. Not sure what you mean by shoddy parts. Joy-con drift? The Dual sense also has analog drift and Nintendo does fix them for free. The fact that some Wi U's have stopped working? Over the course of history, Nintendo has consistently made the most reliable consoles. If you haven't played any Wii U or Switch games, damn you've really missed out.

Nintendo is widely considered the best game developer in the world. It's a shame that you've missed out on some of the best games of all time unless you play them by illegal means on your PC. Not sure what you mean by shoddy parts. Joy-con drift? The Dual sense also has analog drift and Nintendo does fix them for free. The fact that some Wi U's have stopped working? Over the course of history, Nintendo has consistently made the most reliable consoles. If you haven't played any Wii U or Switch games, damn you've really missed out.

At my age I own enough games to last me a lifetime. I still have sealed GameCube games!

When I say shoddy, I'm referring hardware such as plastic body, horribly outdated GPU, 720p screen in this modern age, let alone joy con drift. Then new games like Pokemon come out in 2023 and they run at 10fps while looking like a PSone game. I just don't support any company who cheaps out like that. Then to rub dirt in your face, they still charge $350 today for hardware that is seven years old. If this was a PC, people would laugh.

At my age I own enough games to last me a lifetime. I still have sealed GameCube games!

When I say shoddy, I'm referring hardware such as plastic body, horribly outdated GPU, 720p screen in this modern age, let alone joy con drift. Then new games like Pokemon come out in 2023 and they run at 10fps while looking like a PSone game. I just don't support any company who cheaps out like that. Then to rub dirt in your face, they still charge $350 today for hardware that is seven years old. If this was a PC, people would laugh.
Well, Nintendo has 2 of the top 3 selling systems of all time and that Switch that you hate is currently third all time so obviously they're doing something right.

Stop getting so defensive when someone doesn't pole smoke Nintendo like you do.
Lol. I'm just stating facts. Nintendo does plenty of stupid stuff but facts are facts regardless if you agree with them or not. I have all the consoles and have always pointed out the pros and cons of them.

Lol. I'm just stating facts. Nintendo does plenty of stupid stuff but facts are facts regardless if you agree with them or not. I have all the consoles and have always pointed out the pros and cons of them.
The facts are not everyone cares about Nintendo consoles. Romeo has no interest in Wii U or Switch. You whining won't change that.

The facts are not everyone cares about Nintendo consoles. Romeo has no interest in Wii U or Switch. You whining won't change that.
Humans need air, food and water to live. I suppose I'm pole smoking food, water and air now as well as whining. The 49ers and Chiefs are playing in the Super Bowl right now. Even if you couldn't care less about football or the 49ers or the Chiefs. I suppose I'm pole smoking the 49ers and Chiefs now.

I think Grand Theft Auto V is a terrible game. I almost stopped playing it three times and forced myself to beat it. I think Trevor is the worst video game character I've ever encountered. Well guess what? It's the biggest selling piece of entertainment in history. I'm clearly in the minority.

Last edited:
Humans need air, food and water to live. I suppose I'm pole smoking food, water and air now as well as whining. The 49ers and Chiefs are playing in the Super Bowl right now. Even if you couldn't care less about football or the 49ers or the Chiefs. I suppose I'm pole smoking the 49ers and Chiefs now.

I think Grand Theft Auto V is a terrible game. I almost stopped playing it three times and forced myself to beat it. I think Trevor is the worst video game character I've ever encountered. Well guess what? It's the biggest selling piece of entertainment in history. I'm clearly in the minority.
just let it go . be the bigger person

Humans need air, food and water to live. I suppose I'm pole smoking food, water and air now as well as complaining. The 49ers and Chiefs are playing in the Super Bowl right now. Even if you couldn't care less about football or the 49ers or the Chiefs. I suppose I'm pole smoking the 49ers and Chiefs now.

Humans don't need videogames. So stop white knighting daddy Nintendo. Respect people's opinions. GTA fans aren't questioning your opinion. It is what it is. Everything some one mentions Nintendo and its not glowing praise, you question them as if they are wrong.

just let it go . be the bigger person
I already know I am. I'm 6'6.
Humans don't need videogames. So stop white knighting daddy Nintendo. Respect people's opinions. GTA fans aren't questioning your opinion. It is what it is. Everything some one mentions Nintendo and its not glowing praise, you question them as if they are wrong.
Go through my other posts where I defend Microsoft or Sony. I think game pass is the absolute best thing in gaming and the fact that Series X has quick resume with six games open at a time is frankly embarrassing Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft reward program absolutely annihilates Sony and Nintendo too. I play my Series X more than my PlayStation 5 or Nintendo Switch.

I think the Dual sense is probably the best controller of all time. I love that Sony is supporting VR and I own a psvr1 and 2. In this case, I simply stated that Romeo is missing out on some of the best games of all time and how he is in the minority big time when it comes to not owning a Switch. I would have posted the exact same facts had he said something about not owning an Xbox One or Series X or PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 because of some reason for not owning them. Usher is killing it right now in the halftime show. Ludacris is spitting some rhymes. Even if you can't stand Hip Hop or any of these guys, you have to admit that they are extremely talented and have sold millions and millions and millions of records. Again facts.

Terry Crews is in your profile picture. I think he's really funny and talented and was on one of my favorite shows Brooklyn nine-nine. He also hosts America's Got talent. There are people that can't stand him. Again though, I'm just stating facts about him.

Last edited:
I already know I am. I'm 6'6.

Go through my other posts where I defend Microsoft or Sony. I think game pass is the absolute best thing in gaming. I play my Series X more than my PlayStation 5 or Nintendo Switch. I think the Dual sense is probably the best controller of all time. I love that Sony is supporting VR and I own a psvr1 and 2. In this case, I simply stated that Romeo is missing out on some of the best games of all time and how he is in the minority big time when it comes to not owning a Switch. I would have posted the exact same facts had he said something about not owning an Xbox One or Series X or PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 because of some reason for not owning them. Usher is killing it right now in the halftime show. Ludacris is spitting some rhymes. Even if you can't stand Hip Hop or any of these guys, you have to admit that they are extremely talented and have sold millions and millions and millions of records. Again facts.

Terry Crews is in your profile picture. I think he's really funny and talented and was on one of my favorite shows Brooklyn nine-nine. He also hosts America's Got talent. There are people that can't stand him. Again though, I'm just stating facts about him.
Hey dude. You might want to reel it in a little. I remember you attacking someone that didn't think Metroid Dread was that good and they had reasons explained. You literally said they were wrong because it had a 87 Metacritic score. I had to look it up again to make sure that was you. I also found you discrediting someone's opinion of BoTW because in your words "It's one of the best reviewed games ever". Not a good look...

Hey dude. You might want to reel it in a little. I remember you attacking someone that didn't think Metroid Dread was that good and they had reasons explained. You literally said they were wrong because it had a 87 Metacritic score. I had to look it up again to make sure that was you. I also found you discrediting someone's opinion of BoTW because in your words "It's one of the best reviewed games ever". Not a good look...
Damn me and my facts again. And attack is extremely harsh. Oh and I have plenty of criticisms of Breath of the Wild.

You said a whole lot of nothing and the point continues to fly over your head. Smh
I'm glad others remember things like that. Lol!

bread's done
Back