The 8th Annual Cheapy Awards - Awards Ceremony

[quote name='CheapyD']
iconcag.gif
Vote - The 8h Annual Cheapy Awards[/QUOTE]
You mean the 8th? But, yeah... voted. :)

Are the closing dates and times in the polls in my local TZ or CAG's local TZ.

"This poll will close on 03-22-2011 at 06:36 PM"

[quote name='CheapyD']Anyone found creating multiple accounts will be permanently IP banned from CAG.[/QUOTE]

:hot: :shock: :!:

You know, now that I just noticed this after voting, maybe I shouldn't have done this voting from school. I hope that if someone else logs in and votes from here it doesn't flag the school's IP and get me in trouble. :???:

Voted just in time... Love this site even though I don't post a lot in the forums. Thanks, and keep up the great work guys!

[quote name='confoosious']So.... Who won?[/QUOTE]

I've been checking back to this site every day just to see the winners. I was hoping the polls would display after the voting ended back on the 22nd.

Normally Cheapy will contact winners for a statement or something. I think last years awards took a few weeks after voting ended to be announced.

[quote name='JP']Normally Cheapy will contact winners for a statement or something. I think last years awards took a few weeks after voting ended to be announced.[/QUOTE]

ahh that explains it. He can't get a hold of Fire Thief cause he's at rap camp.

I feel bad for Gamestop. Their online store sucks, no doubt about that. Almost all of their used, resurfaced games give me issues and I need to return them, but they always hook me up with some sort of coupon to compensate, which is cool. But their B&M stores aren't all that bad, IMO. They don't have amazing deals, but I never have a problem with the discs, I love their 7-day return policy on used games (I have bought some turds before and was happy to return them), and they generally have every game I need where other B&M stores usually only have a limited selection (anyone else go to 4 Kmarts for Yakuza 3 and come up empty handed?). If they had some better deals, and their online merchandise wasn't total shit, I think they'd fare better around these parts.

God damn, biggest pet pev is CAGer....and SHC gamer made that mistake in the acceptance speech.

But good for him for putting KMart up there

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Gotta love how Krymner wins and his name gets goofed up.[/QUOTE]
Fixed! Sorry Krymner!

Heads-up, Goozex is spelled wrong underneath the trading site award.

Guess I've been missing out as far as K-Mart goes. There's one a mile from my house but I've yet to really check that K-Mart thread out.

Congrats to SHC-Gamer for the Deal Buster award. Definitely well-deserved.

I still think reddjoey should have been nominated for the Community award.

Congrats to kmart/amazon! Hope this pulls even more people away from gamestop and drives more competition over prices at retail. Always good for buyers.

Also glad to see gamestop continuing to recieve their well deserved title of "the worst".

a special thanks for putting this on CheapyD and a big congratulatory shout out to SHC-Gamer! what awesome news to come home to!

Is there a discussion thread? Feel free to move it if this isn't the right place.

Speedy1961 Deal Buster Award: SHC-Gamer

That really isn't fair to the other people in this category. SHC-gamer is paid to build a brand. The other people are volunteers. I want all of you who voluntarily post deals that all of you deserve this award. I think it is a slap in the face of speedy as well, since he put so much work into posting deals, not to line his own pockets, but to help others.

It would be like having a best athlete award and putting up Derek Jeter against a high school baseball player.

[quote name='slowdive21']Is there a discussion thread? Feel free to move it if this isn't the right place.

That really isn't fair to the other people in this category. SHC-gamer is paid to build a brand. The other people are volunteers. I want all of you who voluntarily post deals that all of you deserve this award. I think it is a slap in the face of speedy as well, since he put so much work into posting deals, not to line his own pockets, but to help others.

It would be like having a best athlete award and putting up Derek Jeter against a high school baseball player.[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly.

[quote name='slowdive21']Is there a discussion thread? Feel free to move it if this isn't the right place.

It would be like having a best athlete award and putting up Derek Jeter against a high school baseball player.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not like the others can make deals or are posting deals to better their store/brand.

It was crap that reddjoey wasn't in the poll even though he was nominated too.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back