The Acolytes Protection Agency Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zenithian Legend']The RVD dvd has been bumped up to $10.88, and is $10 at WWE.com. I'd hope everyone that intended to buy this dvd it by now though.[/quote]

Got it for around $8 at Wal - Mart when the big sale was going down.

Those DVDs were $4 on the site, so I guess they decided to raise the price a little so they're still a great buy. I might pick up Blood Sport for $10 on WWE's site - that's a fantastic price. WWE has also dropped the prices to some of the recent PPV DVDs and DVD sets - Summerslam '06 with a shirt is only $14, while ONS with a shirt and the Barely Legal DVD is also $14.

[quote name='mykevermin']:rofl:

Well, that's an unexpected reaction.

evilmax, I don't know if he's in it (I have it, but haven't watched it); nevertheless, there is something to be said about hypermasculine portrayals in our culture - whether sports, cartoons, games, etc. I don't think that it's the "downfall of society," but to argue that it doesn't have any effect on socializing us is an incorrect conclusion on the opposite end of the spectrum. But that's for another thread entirely. :lol:[/quote]

I find popular media reflects our society just as much as our society reflects popular media. Chickens and eggs man.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I find popular media reflects our society just as much as our society reflects popular media. Chickens and eggs man.[/QUOTE]

Oh, completely. It's hard to say who influences who in only one direction. That said, I have a hard time with the way women in wrestling are used in two ways - as strippers and as the abused. The former are the magazines and dvds, the bra and panties matches, etc. I'm sure it's a good source of revenue, and while i don't like it, I dislike women being attacked by men far more. It's so commonplace anymore that if Super Crazy lays out Melina, we don't even recall if it happened last night (I sure don't). I don't think it should never happen, but, rather, that when it happens it is treated seriously (which means it has to be used very sparingly).

I want it to be the case where, when a woman is attacked, the crowd goes silent, and the wrestlers on her side have that kind of "oh, fuck, we have to take care of her" attitude. Much like Macho Man/Hogan and Elizabeth. A woman being assaulted by a man is so common on WWE TV that we can't even recall the last time it happened.

I'm snowed in tonight, but Amazon brought me some books I needed and the Heroes of World Class DVD. I just watched Jimmy Garvin and Precious cleaning Kevin Von Erich's house, dog, and barn - what awesome work, and something that should be repeated again (wasn't the last "if I lose, I get this for 30 days" sort of angle the Goldust/Pillman angle?). Now they're trying to say David Von Erich died from an illness related to Japanese food. My ass. Very good video so far.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There are plans to form a new heel stable soon in TNA Wrestling. The current plan is to put Christian Cage, AJ Styles, Scott Steiner and Tyson Tomko together. With AJ Styles' recent heel turn and Scott Steiner returning to TNA next month as Christian Cage's enforcer for his match against Kurt Angle, the steps are already being taken to align the foursome. Christian Cage will fill the "Ric Flair" role as the star, AJ Styles as the pure athelete, Tyson Tomko as the powerful bigman and Scott Steiner serving as the veteran and another enforcer. Babyfaces like Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle and Christopher Daniels will have their hands full with this faction, whose top priority will be keeping the NWA Title on Christian Cage.

Jericho's going to come to TNA. As if the fact that he agrees to an interview with TNA wasn't enough, check out the last line.

TNA's website recently conducted an interview with Chris Jericho himself. Jericho explains why he decided to write his autobiography himself, as Mick Foley did. He also discusses why he left wrestling at the apex of his career, and whether or not it was for good. Jericho also sheds some light on the question of whether he will return to the ring, and if it will be in a 4-sided or 6-sided ring. Jericho says that "There ain't never been a four-sided ring that could hold Y2J."

I will be watching for sure.

They probaly only interviewed him because they are gonna be using another one of his songs for a video. If i'm not mistaken, the monday night special will feature it.
At this point I say TNA and jericho are just using each other. TNA to make it look like Jericho is with them and Jericho to get a bigger $$ contract with WWE.

And in some ECW news, Dusty Rhodes has been added to the ecw creative team.

[quote name='ace25one']And in some ECW news, Dusty Rhodes has been added to the ecw creative team.[/QUOTE]

Let's now usher in the era of Dusty Finishes to ECW.

*crickets chirping*

What... doesn't that EXCITE you? Doesn't that make it really feel EXTREME!!!!

*more crickets chirping*

... nevermind.

[quote name='mykevermin']Sounds like fun. I guess this means they aren't happy with Deuce and Domino?[/QUOTE]

They just debuted 3 weeks ago. I like Deuce and Domino, so hopefully the push will continue, but they'll build them up before giving them the belts.

God dammit. I saw every bit of the show but the Snitsky promo. I want to see his new "Kane like" look I've been hearing about for the past couple months.

[quote name='ace25one']And in some ECW news, Dusty Rhodes has been added to the ecw creative team.[/QUOTE]
Another spit in the eye of ECW.

[quote name='Genocidal']Dude needs to stop roiding, that backne is out of control and spreading fast.[/QUOTE]

Snitsky? I didn't get a look at his back, but the open fucking sores on his face showed me that he needs doesn't even need to be tested to prove he violates the "wellness policy." Unless he's really 15 years old.

[quote name='Genocidal']Dude needs to stop roiding, that backne is out of control and spreading fast.[/QUOTE]
Simply put, I love how he's getting away with it.

Edit: I thought you were talking about Test. I still love it, regardless.

[quote name='Brak']Simply put, I love how he's getting away with it.[/QUOTE]

?

Can they seriously do this Nitro Girls bullshit during commercials?

[quote name='mykevermin']the open fucking sores on his face showed me that he needs doesn't even need to be tested to prove he violates the "wellness policy."[/quote]Yea, that's pretty much what I was referring to.

Edit: Here's your chance to get out early, Rob!

[quote name='mykevermin']?[/QUOTE]
Test and Snitsky visibly violate their "wellness policy"... and they're on television.

It's hysterical to me, and acts as a nice, physical commentary on the WWE's priorities.

[quote name='Brak']Test and Snitsky visibly violate their "wellness policy"... and they're on television.

It's hysterical to me, and acts as a nice, physical commentary on the WWE's priorities.[/quote]
ECW isn't WWE n00b. :cool:
8-[
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT.

[quote name='Brak']Test and Snitsky visibly violate their "wellness policy"... and they're on television.

It's hysterical to me, and acts as a nice, physical commentary on the WWE's priorities.[/QUOTE]

Well, while I was fooled for a minute, and thought they really were going to implement a genuine and thorough drug policy, someone posted a YouTube video in the Bigelow thread from the 1992 WWF Steroid Scandal, and Vince said in a press conference that they were going to implement a drug policy; the speech almost seemed to mimic, 100%, what the WWE said after Guerrero died.

It's pretty telling when the only two guys who were fired since the policy were Jamie Knoble and Kid Kash. Up until Test debuted recently, the only obvious violator on TV was Chris Masters (as Triple H shrewdly insinuated on Raw). Even Triple H himself had grown a bit of a paunch, suggesting that the policy was real and being adhered to. Now, of course, we can just twiddle our thumbs until the next WWE wrestler dies and the WWE echoes empty promises yet again.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, while I was fooled for a minute, and thought they really were going to implement a genuine and thorough drug policy, someone posted a YouTube video in the Bigelow thread from the 1992 WWF Steroid Scandal, and Vince said in a press conference that they were going to implement a drug policy; the speech almost seemed to mimic, 100%, what the WWE said after Guerrero died.

It's pretty telling when the only two guys who were fired since the policy were Jamie Knoble and Kid Kash. Up until Test debuted recently, the only obvious violator on TV was Chris Masters (as Triple H shrewdly insinuated on Raw). Even Triple H himself had grown a bit of a paunch, suggesting that the policy was real and being adhered to. Now, of course, we can just twiddle our thumbs until the next WWE wrestler dies and the WWE echoes empty promises yet again.[/QUOTE]
I wonder who will be the next active WWE wrestler that will die of drug use.
[quote name='PhrostByte']ECW isn't WWE n00b. :cool:
8-[
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT.[/QUOTE]
WAKE UP, MAN! IT'S DEAD! ( ;) *)

*smiley used to soften the blow.

Whoever told Snitsky to shave his head should be slapped. All I could think was it wasn't his fault that he looked like a douchebag.

[quote name='Brak']I wonder who the next active WWE wrestler will die of drugs.

WAKE UP, MAN! IT'S DEAD! ( ;) *)

*smiley used to soften the blow.[/quote]

Thanks Brak... it means a lot.

ECW is like Matt Hardy. IT WILL, NOT, DIE! (no matter how much it sucks)

[quote name='PhrostByte']Thanks Brak... it means a lot.

ECW is like Matt Hardy. IT WILL, NOT, DIE! (no matter how much it sucks)[/QUOTE]
I think Bob Holly winning the ECW World Title would be, like, the missile in the coffin, "if you weeyowl", to quote the fat man himself.

Conversley, Bobby Lashley winning it was the nail in the coffin.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Whoever told Snitsky to shave his head should be slapped. All I could think was it wasn't his fault that he looked like a douchebag.[/QUOTE]

He was severely going bald, so that's no big deal. Why he shaved his eyebrows, however, is a whole 'nother foolish story. Regardless, he's so goddamned ugly and his face so telling of his substance abuse that he oughta put a wrestling mask on anyway. I ain't kiddin'.

"Snitsky Machine."

[quote name='mykevermin']I prefer a six-man tag team. Snitsky, Vicodin, and low self-esteem.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you as someone who had to be on Vicodin for a few weeks last year... that shit really fucks you up. I can see how Kurt got addicted on it.

If anybody's interested I have a copy of Beyond The Mat available for sale or trade. It's the original version, not the Ringside Special Edition. The disc is in mint condition.

So, I'm seeing a WM match for ECW, either Snitsky Vs. Lashley or New Breed Vs. Originals....actually, might see both.

And yeah, I just saw Goldie on SVU...get hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, throws a guy through glass, gets tasered, and then hit in the back of a head with...you guessed it...a steel chair.

I don't get the No Way Out 4-way match. I thought Royal Rumble was the end of the Hardyz vs MNM saga... guess not. Plus Mercury in ANOTHER TLC match? Yikes. I have a feeling Londrick may just drop those titles this time, possibly even to the least likely candidates: Regal & Taylor. Londrick chasing the titles going into Wrestlemania would be somewhat more interesting. Although I must wonder why Deuce & Domino have been put on the back-burner so quickly. Matches like this really make me wonder what the hell WWE's plans for guys like Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro are for Wrestlemania.

Nice to see they're actually attempting to do something in the way of an actual storyline on ECW. Hopefully the fact that RVD is a part of it will at least temporarily silence the internet rumors that he's TNA bound.

Snitsky looked kind of like Kane with serious body acne, plus the man literally looks like he shaved with a lawn-mower.

Not so nice to see Lashley go clean over Holly after Holly beat RVD clean last week :roll:

I keep hoping that they will send the WGTT over to Smackdown since it would give them someone new to fued with. Plus when they break up, Shelton would have a chance to finally break out since there isn't as much talent over there.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I keep hoping that they will send the WGTT over to Smackdown since it would give them someone new to fued with. Plus when they break up, Shelton would have a chance to finally break out since there isn't as much talent over there.[/quote]

Agreed, swap TWGTT over to SD and bring Deuce & Domino over to Raw, they have more of a "Raw" gimmick IMO anyway. Plus assuming TWGTT is broken up any time in the near future, both Haas & Benjamin could have some solid matches with Benoit. Shelton vs Booker could be an interesting angle as well, I could see those two playing off each other in both a comical and a sadistic way.

The *swap* could work by bringing Mercury & Matt hardy over to Raw too, I know Vince wants to keep their respective teams separated, but it would make a hell of a lot more sense when they wanted to do tag matches together instead of letting them "mysteriously" jump from show to show as their leisure.

Ummmmmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back