The Admiral's 2008 Fifth Annual NFL Pooltravaganza! TehMuff1nM4n is the Winne!

Admiral, I updated my initial post and posted again in this thread, but my pick still hasn't been updated on the first thread. I select NY Jets over Miami for week 1.

So Week 1- New York Jets

Might as well give it a try. I'd always finally see this like two weeks into the season and not be able to do it, :lol:. My pick'll be the Philadelphia Eagles.

[quote name='lakers310']Could you please update my pick. I didnt want to use my bye. I want Indianapolis[/quote]

Mine also has not been updated and I selected NY Jets for Week 1.

Thanks..

is it a typo that it said 8pm thursday, september 3 at the end of the paragraph and but at the first it said wednes..

I know didn't pay good attention but jsut saw Thursday.. so I went to come back and now its after 8 and too late, but at least I'm on vacation and not really sure what the date is.. just that it's wednesday nite..
.. lol good luck

[quote name='Layziebones']The contest is already closed. :cry:[/QUOTE]

The hard close date is so you make sure you get your pick in BEFORE I close it for the day. Any time past that date is taking a risk. Technically people cna still post picks until I close it OFFICIALLY. Which I have just done.

To be safe, get your picks in by the due date.

[quote name='Romis']is it a typo that it said 8pm thursday, september 3 at the end of the paragraph and but at the first it said wednes..

I know didn't pay good attention but jsut saw Thursday.. so I went to come back and now its after 8 and too late, but at least I'm on vacation and not really sure what the date is.. just that it's wednesday nite..
.. lol good luck[/QUOTE]

Soorrym, that was a typoo. I meant today, Wedensday. Last year I must have said thursday and whan I cut and pasted the rules I must have missed something.

Because iof the confusion, I'm accepting Ghost00's pick, and allowing Romis and Onewingedangel to place a pick. They can post it here afterwards. But no new people. The pool is closed. it's done. Updatign now.

It's late so I have updated the list but haven't proofread it against the thread. Changes made before the contest was closed still might not eb shown.

PLEASE don't edit your pick. Just repost it below and I will catch it tomorrow morning. Right now I need to get to bed.

I'll proofread it tomorrow morning.

[quote name='jbroush99']#-oDamn! I thought this closed today! :dunce:[/quote] Me too. Damn holiday week has me all screwed up.

I completely forgot about it this year. NOOOOOOOOO! I guess my reign as even year champ will end this year. Good luck everyone.

Nope, no more changes. Game in a couple hours. Good luck.

Generall, the pool will be closed in followign weeks approximately 24 hours before the end of games. The closing period will be posted each week. get your picks in before the listed time to ensure your pick is counted.

hey ackbar, you have me twice (with the cardinals and a bye). It's my fault though, i didn't edit my post, but instead just posted again. My real pick is the bye.

[quote name='syeoj']1 week - bye

thanks for doing this. :D[/QUOTE]
did you not read the topic title...?

anyways, moving on to week 2, woot

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It looks like only one person was eliminated after the Giants/Redskins game.[/quote]

They either had to be a diehard redskins fan or not know a single thing about football.

[quote name='Layziebones']They either had to be a diehard redskins fan or not know a single thing about football.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the Cowboys don't lose or a whole bunch of us are going home the first week!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It looks like only one person was eliminated after the Giants/Redskins game.[/quote]

[quote name='Layziebones']They either had to be a diehard redskins fan or not know a single thing about football.[/quote]

[quote name='marioworld4']Can I change my pick to the eagles over the rams?[/quote]

In his defense he did try to correct it a couple hours b4 the game.. just to late to stay in

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Yay! No whammies (week 1 loss last year), no whammies, STOP

San Diego in week 1 please

EDIT: Yikes, you are right. I just found out about the injury to Merriman yesterday. Stupid pre-season.[/quote]
San Diego is still favored to win and remember that the Panthers are playing without their number one player Steve Smith since he's serving a 2 game suspension for fighting. SD would have been a safe choice still. :D

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']San Diego is still favored to win and remember that the Panthers are playing without their number one player Steve Smith since he's serving a 2 game suspension for fighting. SD would have been a safe choice still. :D[/QUOTE]

True, it just felt like a "safer pick" with New England due to less variables. LT is coming off not playing last postseason or this preseason, so how in form will he be off the bat? Will the defense be as electrifying with a hurt Merriman playing anyway? Smith is a star, but not a team lead. Delhomme and Mushin got the C's and will lead on the field.

Besides (and all apologies to their fans) but KC doesn't look to be very good this year. And they are playing New England. It sucks to use New England off the bat but I dropped out week 1 last year on Packers vs Eagles.

bread's done
Back