The Admiral's 2008 Fifth Annual NFL Pooltravaganza! TehMuff1nM4n is the Winne!

Week 1: Bye
Week 2: Bucs

I changed my pick in post 339 to the Bucs, instead of the Bears.

Edit: Just noticed that the above poster has the same picks as me...woo

I'll take Pittsburgh over the Browns.
Probably not the best pick, but lets hope they do as well as Denver did last week.

guess i have to use my bye, i wasnt sure when the deadline was. i probably would have just made the steelers lose by picking them anyway

Sorry for the delay. I Just worke up.

Was at a party last night and was the designated driver. We were supposed to leave at midnight but I couldn't get the guys to go and ended up not getting to bed until 5 in the morning. Just woke up.

Worst part is the party wasn't pretty shitty. Only one really hot chick but just before I started hitting on her her boyfriend showed up. He was a douche too.

The pool is still open and all picks are valid. Compiling the list now. Will be done before noon.

Okay, some Housekeeping.

*** Check your picks ***

Check your picks to make sure they're okay. I did this at the last minute and I could have missed somebody.

I count seventeen players who forgot to place a pick. I forced a BYE. Make sure I didn't miss your posted pick.

I didn't see a pick from Casey and he already used his BYE so he's out.

*** The Hurricane ***

Only one player, jaje21 picked Houston. No one picked Baltimore. His BYE has been used. [Correction: This morning I had accidentally thought Houston played the Bengals. That has been fixed.]

*** Name Change ***

RawisJerico changed his name to Pure Apathy. Please PM me if there's a name change.

*** Closing Period ***

The pool is not officially closed for the week until I say it is.

I list a date and time for closure because you are guaranteed that I will not close the pool before that time period. But I can't be at my computer 24/7, even though it seeems I'm on CAG 80% of the time. I do have a life and things to do on a Saturday night. The pool is closed for the week when I post the final picks, like I have just done.

It's important you know this because it impacts picks. ritchardf above posted both the BYE and Steelers. So I gotta pick one or the other and I don't like that. I chose BYE because I couldn't see any authority in his confidence in a steelers pick.

So, even though the deadline may be 8PM, the pick is not closed until I say it is. Which may occur at 8 or any time thereafter.

For safety's sack, get your picks in before the deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DT778']Some of you guys are really taking a chance by picking the hella injured seahawks this week.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Zero WR's. Running game banged up. They got crushed by the lowly Bills last week and thats never a good sign.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The Rams are pretty terrible. The Giants looked like they were sleepwalking through the first three quarters.[/quote]

That long catch by Torry Holt was amazing tough.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Agreed. Zero WR's. Running game banged up. They got crushed by the lowly Bills last week and thats never a good sign.[/QUOTE]

The Bills are not lowly

They were like 9-7 last year weren't they? Or 8-8. I think they'll be even better this year, and they have a decent chance of winning their division, with Brady out

This Miami game is like a circus. Three Flags for Miami within a minute. Arizona missed the FG and Miami got a flag giving Arizone first down. I am almost mad I wasted my choice on Arizona against such a crappy team.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Only 9 are out right now (3 Jacksonville, 3 KC, 1 Cincy, 2 NO) and only at least one more is guaranteed (1 NE vs. 2 NY Jets)to be going out.[/QUOTE]

yeah, Week 3 is looking a little tougher

Kansas City at Atlanta
Oakland at Buffalo
Tampa Bay at Chicago
Houston at Tennessee
Carolina at Minnesota
Miami at New England
Cincinnati at NY Giants
Arizona at Washington
Detroit at San Francisco
St. Louis at Seattle
New Orleans at Denver
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
Cleveland at Baltimore
Dallas at Green Bay
NY Jets at San Diego

Two more out for eleven total.

You Seattle people need to pray that this overtime goes your way or the elimination pool almost doubles from this one game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Two more out for eleven total.

You Seattle people need to pray that this overtime goes your way or the elimination pool almost doubles from this one game.[/quote]

Denver is way to lucky today. That should of been a freaking fumble.

fucking seahawks you pieces of shit.:bomb:

fuck fuck fuck ing shit I thought they could handle SF.

Was saving bye also.:wall:

Gl rest of fellow CAGerooooz still in, donk down:cry:

[quote name='Layziebones']Denver is way to lucky today. That should of been a freaking fumble.[/quote]

Yeah I have seen a lot of bad calls this week, most of which can't be reviewed. Seahawks got an interception in the second quarter that got reversed due to a "phantom" pass interference that gave SF back the ball inside the 10. If the refs have to huddle up and talk about a interference call for 2 mins, it probably should not be called.

Oh well, with that i'm out. Good luck fellas.

[quote name='Layziebones']WTF. I was going through the list and I saw this

keithp - Arizona Rams

Haha. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I just got in after being gone all day and saw this! My pick is clearly Arizona over the Dolphins, though, so I trust it'll be corrected. I only cheered for the Rams in my post so all you Giants pickers would've been knocked out. :D

[quote name='muzras']fucking seahawks you pieces of shit.:bomb:

fuck fuck fuck ing shit I thought they could handle SF.

Was saving bye also.:wall:

Gl rest of fellow CAGerooooz still in, donk down:cry:[/quote]
To be fair, they did their best with 6 reccievers, including at least their top 4, playing none or little time in the game. All this shows is the San Fransisco really sucks and got incredibly lucky

Well I wasn't watching the GB/Detroit game so it was up-and-down for me when I saw the scores of 24-3(?) then all of a sudden 24-25 with the next update but I'm glad they won that one.

[quote name='underliness']Yeah I have seen a lot of bad calls this week, most of which can't be reviewed. Seahawks got an interception in the second quarter that got reversed due to a "phantom" pass interference that gave SF back the ball inside the 10. If the refs have to huddle up and talk about a interference call for 2 mins, it probably should not be called.

Oh well, with that i'm out. Good luck fellas.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't pass interference but illegal contact. Which it was. Patrick Willis FTW!!!!!!

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']To be fair, they did their best with 6 reccievers, including at least their top 4, playing none or little time in the game. All this shows is the San Fransisco really sucks and got incredibly lucky[/quote]
Well, Seattle almost never loses at home. SF is kinda underrated, especially their D... well, obviously not in this game, but usually. But yeah.. I picked SEA this week too. Darnit.

Just checking through the picks for errors.

These 2 didn't make a 2nd week pick and you left them off your list, should be (BYE Forced)

Smidget
AnthonySC430

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one is left blank on your list, should be (BYE Forced)

tigersfan49

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
and this player picked the same team twice.

Unickuta

bread's done
Back