The Admiral's 2008 Fifth Annual NFL Pooltravaganza! TehMuff1nM4n is the Winne!

[quote name='loserboy']Bills you say....OH SNAP!!!! You were wrong!!!!![/quote]

It's bitter sweet for me as although I picked them, I am as far from a Bills fan as anyone can be...so I actually would've been happy to see them lose :lol:...even if it meant my own elimination...if that makes any sense.

Yes I was wrong but the Giants and Bills got super lucky. Man why was it so close when they are up against shitty teams. Bills are probably the worst 2-0/3-0 team in the NFL.

Wow, I can finally exhale. Can't believe how lucky all of us who had the Giants (like me) and the Bills got this week. Especially Buffalo; weren't they down by 10 with like 4:30 left?

Yea I got lucky this week with the Bills but not so lucky at my work where we have an nfl pool where winner takes all. Damn the Cards and Bears and the Panthers they are gonna cost me a win this week =(

[quote name='Danimal']Wow, I can finally exhale. Can't believe how lucky all of us who had the Giants (like me) and the Bills got this week. Especially Buffalo; weren't they down by 10 with like 4:30 left?[/quote]

I was getting scared there in the end, but I am glad the Giants won.

Damn. This week's a lot closer than I thought it would be.

From my count right now, 22 people are out with the first wave of games (19 New England, 1 Arizona, 2 Carolina).

Meh, I fucked up and forced my bye. Just for shits and giggles, I'll take SD of NJ tomorrow since it's one of two games that haven't started yet. Sucks I lost my bye.

The Giants dodged a massive bullet, but that's nothing new with them. They are always playing down to poor competition. And they got real lucky towards the end of regulation, when the Bengals got a bit mixed up on that 3rd and 1. So much time ran down, they didn't get another shot at the endzone. If they did, they probably would have scored, because the Giants simply couldn't guard anyone in that 4th quarter.

On the way to work, I was pretty ok with the Bills losing and costing me a shot at the prizes. When I got to work, I checked the score and the Bills had just scored, that gave me a little bit of hope. So I'm working for a little while and decide "Why not, I'll check the score one more time", surprised when I had seen that they pulled it off and saved my ass for the week. I live to fight another day.

[quote name='craven_fiend']On the way to work, I was pretty ok with the Bills losing and costing me a shot at the prizes. When I got to work, I checked the score and the Bills had just scored, that gave me a little bit of hope. So I'm working for a little while and decide "Why not, I'll check the score one more time", surprised when I had seen that they pulled it off and saved my ass for the week. I live to fight another day.[/quote]

I was getting a double-whammy. I was watching the Giants, and they were losing. And I kept seeing the Bills' score down on the screen, and that wasn't good, either, especially when the Raiders scored right after the Bills cut it to 16-14. I really thought there was no way they were coming back, then.

Hmmm, I picked the San Diego Chargers to win on Monday night, but on the front page next to my name it says New England Patriots. Please correct the mistake. Thanks!

[quote name='ty240']Hmmm, I picked the San Diego Chargers to win on Monday night, but on the front page next to my name it says New England Patriots. Please correct the mistake. Thanks![/quote]

I doubt Chargers win anyways. :lol:

I am so glad that the Jets are getting their heads caved in. There was ZERO hype about the Jets before they got Favre. Zero. They were awful last year, and everyone knew they were going to be awful this year. Then, they got Favre...and suddenly they were going to be a playful team. How? The only way would be if Favre plans on throwing it to himself and also running the ball. That offense has almost no big play weapons. Coles is a nice possession receiver. Jones is decent at eating up carries and some yards. Washington has the spark, but it simply hasn't come together for him. I know Cotchery had a 1000+ yards last year and makes some big plays down the field, but if I am playing a team where the only guy I have to worry about is him, I'm a happy defensive coordinator.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I am so glad that the Jets are getting their heads caved in. There was ZERO hype about the Jets before they got Favre. Zero. They were awful last year, and everyone knew they were going to be awful this year. Then, they got Favre...and suddenly they were going to be a playful team. How? The only way would be if Favre plans on throwing it to himself and also running the ball. That offense has zero big play weapons. Coles is a nice possession receiver. Jones is decent at eating up carries and some yards. Washington has the spark, but it simply hasn't come together for him. I know Cotchery had a 1000+ yards last year and makes some big plays down the field, but if I am playing a team where the only guy I have to worry about is him, I'm a happy defensive coordinator.[/QUOTE]

you say this but look at the Pats without BRady

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']you say this but look at the Pats without BRady[/quote]

It's a little difficult to compare the two. The Patriots lost their star quarterback...one of the top three quarterbacks in the league right now...during the season. That sends a team into scramble mode. Also, they are 2-1, which isn't too bad, despite the fact that they beat two bad teams and lost to another. Of course, the offense had little to do with Ronnie Brown running all over the place...and throwing a touchdown. Lastly, the Patriots have weapons other than Tom Brady. Moss, when his head is in the game, is literally unstoppable, and Wes Welker is a pain in the ass, to say the least.

The bottom line is...a good quarterback is only part of a great offense. You need someone to protect him...someone for him to throw to...and someone who can run the ball well enough to keep the defense honest. Brett Favre, especially an aging Brett Favre, is not enough to take a team people were predicting would finish under .500...again...to the playoffs.

*** In ***
becuzimbrown - BYE
Eviltude - BYE (Forced)
v1et r1ce - Tennessee Titans
Mike23 - New York Giants
iiinightmar3ii - New York Giants
zewone - BYE
Danimal - New York Giants
doraemonkerpal - Seattle Seahawks
zzl365 - New York Giants
Halo05 - New York Giants
dodgeme - San Diego Chargers
keithp - Denver Broncos
DaftPunkFan37 - BYE (Forced)
XxFuRy2Xx - Seattle Seahawks
RawisJericho : Pure Apathy - Buffalo bills
darthbudge - New York Giants
fart_bubble - Buffalo Bills
l206312 - Atlanta Falcons
Layziebones - New York Giants
cr_blah_blah - Tennessee Titans
ihadFG - BYE
xpacdos - Atlanta Falcons
evilsuperman33 - BYE (Forced)
ditogi - Buffalo Bills
SoNiC1023 - Buffalo Bills
jello00 - Buffalo Bills
tako - Buffalo Bills
Lowkrow - New York Giants
IronsideGrunt - Buffalo Bills
craven_fiend - Buffalo Bills
Jagged Toaster - Seattle Seahawks
thespamofpower - Buffalo Bills
bigdaddybruce44 - Buffalo Bills
DT778 - San Fransicso 49ers
tayaf69 - BYE (Forced)
Oktoberfest - Buffalo Bills
x1xMuffinManx1x - BYE (Forced)
ty240 - San Diego Chargers
Foladar - Buffalo Bills
Lord_Kefka - Denver Broncos
ritchardf - Atlanta Falcons
happyorangeman - San Diego Chargers
JJSP - Seattle Seahawks
flareth - BYE (Forced)
DOMINATOR912 - Dallas Cowboys
toocool17 - BYE
pab - Seattle Seahawks
pimpinc333 - BYE
smellhasreturned - Seattle Seahawks
onikage - San Diego Chargers
tivo - Denver Broncos
InuyashaFury - Denver Broncos
Azumangaman - Buffalo Bills
peteglv - Buffalo Bills
SFink - Buffalo Bills
Wontwin - BYE
killswitch64 - Buffalo Bills
wasabi_ - San Francisco 49ers
jaydepps - Buffalo Bills
loserboy - Buffalo Bills
DualDisorder - New York Giants
FriskyTanuki - New York Giants
nyyanksfan20 - BYE
thebob101 - Seattle Seahawks
oNeWiNgEdAnGeL - Seattle Seahawks
redsoxfan808 - Buffalo Bills
Tolmes - New York Giants
bigdsinferno - Seattle Seahawks
OuTrAgE - Buffalo Bills
CarolinaGamer07 - New York Giants
scfan919 - BYE
ijag233 - Seattle Seahawks
Romis - Denver Broncos
goldeneye64 - Buffalo Bills
Cleaver - New York Giants
TehMuff1nM4n - Seattle Seahawks
jaje21 - Seattle Seahawks
cponomar - Buffalo Bills

*** Out ***
tigersfan49 - OUT (No Pick)
hohez - OUT (No Pick)
ch3zyp00fs - OUT (No Pick)
Unickuta - - OUT (No Pick)
whitedeath - Out (No Pick)
popemogoth - Out (No Pick)
BasketCase1080 - (Out (No Pick)
a sea lion - OUT (No Pick)
sublime90 - Out (No Pick)
darkcecil32 - Out (No Pick)
adham786 - Out (No Pick)
lostpirate - Out (No Pick)
Dave4086 - Out (No Pick)
karsh - Out (No Pick)
classact - Out (No Pick)
corrosivefrost - Out (No Pick)
Pirate331 - Carolina Panthers
Mad_Dawk - Carolina Panthers
pitfallharry219 - New England Patriots
Hostile - New England Patriots
DomLando - New England Patriots
blumpies5 - New England Patriots
coolpapa - New England Patriots
The Truth 34 - New England Patriots
f421 - New England Patriots
CuE-TiP - New England Patriots
ZForce915 - New England Patriots
RenoTurk11 - New England Patriots
retail sucks - New England Patriots
JTHuffy - New England Patriots
thenockmlb - New England Patriots
IXI Dragunz IXI - New England Patriots
IvanHood - New England Patriots
shahekee - New England Patriots
geosooner - New England Patriots
DJHVIDAL - New England Patriots
anadune - Arizona Cardinals
jlewis13 - Cleveland Browns

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot im still in. Chargers destroyed someone finnaly. I guess ill go on a longshot and pick my hometown team. The Buffalo Bills for week 4.

I'm out but I'd like to point out that jlewis13 is also out, having picked the Browns who regrettably lost to the Ravens. It's always so hard being a Browns fan. >.

Taking the Broncos, as of now.

Week 1 - Bye
Week 2 - Buccaneers
Week 3 - Bills
Week 4 - Broncos

I wonder what the next team with a B I will take. Hard to pick the Bears or Browns.

bread's done
Back