The Admiral's 2011 NFL Pool! Congrats to Gravel! King of the Pool!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Sorry fatboy. If you don't post in the entry period you can't participate. otherwise we have a ton of people entering in week 2.[/QUOTE]

I understand. Thanks for running the survivor pool again - hope to catch it next year.

[quote name='MrPiggles']You guys do realize that all week two picks should have been made by Saturday, September 17th at 8 pm EST.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Ackbar usually lets it go until he's officially locked the picks for the week.

And the Ravens go doooooown taking 14 contestants with them.

Oh and I cant believe its looking like Romo is going to lose to the 49ers

[quote name='Endangered']And the Ravens go doooooown taking 14 contestants with them.

Oh and I cant believe its looking like Romo is going to lose to the 49ers[/QUOTE]

Haha, what makes you say that? It is Romo, after all-- he'll probably end up blowing the game for Dallas or add on to his injuries by trying to play. :lol:

I'm more surprised they actually let him go back in, especially after last year. He even took another hit the first or second play.

EDIT: And McDonald just fell on him. XD

[quote name='iKnowledge']Admiral you have me down as forced bye for week1 when I picked Houston in post #63
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302459&page=4

But I did forget to make my pick so I will be needing that forced bye for week2, thanks man[/QUOTE]

I'm not following your post. If you look at week 1, I do have you down as Houston.

The picks on the front page are now week 2. I might have forgot to change the heading. So I ahev you there as a Forced Bye.

Edit:I see, I forgot to change the heading from One to Two. The players on the front page are always the current week.

Something tells me that the New England game next week could be a real trap game. Buffalo on an emotional high winning 2 games and the fact that they will be playing at buffalo.

[quote name='packerfan10']Something tells me that the New England game next week could be a real trap game. Buffalo on an emotional high winning 2 games and the fact that they will be playing at buffalo.[/QUOTE]Which will totally be subdued by a guy named Tom Brady :)

[quote name='punkrocker63']Week 1: BYE
Week 2: Pittsburgh

THANK YOU![/QUOTE]

Hey admiral! I believe you missed mine in post 372. Unless i just did it wrong haha

[quote name='macontosh2000']Week 1: Green Bay
Week 2: Philadelphia[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the entire point of the game is to just make it to the next week, right? These are two of the craziest picks I've seen anywhere! The Saints could have easily beaten Green Bay and the Falcons beating the Eagles wasn't a stretch at all (and actually happened). Even if you were right with these crazy picks you still would have used up 2 of the 10 best teams in the league so I don't even see an advantage like all of the other nuts who picked the Browns over the Bengals in Week 1 were going for. You must be a blast to watch in Vegas! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Javery']Even if you were right with these crazy picks you still would have used up 2 of the 10 best teams in the league so I don't even see an advantage like all of the other nuts who picked the Browns over the Bengals in Week 1 were going for.
[/QUOTE]

Look at it another way: remember how Manning didn't even play to get the perfect season? Granted, he was/is their team, but most starters of the great teams may not even play before the playoffs. You also have to account for injuries like Vick getting knocked out with a concussion-- who knows if he'll play, and his back up (Young) is hurt too. Point is, it makes sense to use up the good teams while they're actually still good. If Vick or Young can't go this week I don't expect them to win.

Also, kudos to Romo-- he came back in and played like a champ. Still has me worried, and I just read he punctured his lung. :(

This is what makes this type of pool so interesting! :applause:

bread's done
Back