The Admiral's 2013 NFL Pool - Pool is over! We have a draw!

Both the patriots and jets are struggling it seems. The pat's are clearly going to go after WR's in the drafts for next season.

Drat, wish I hadn't changed my pick to the Rams @_@
The Patriots barely won, the ending was exciting for all the wrong reasons.

At least I wont have to pick the patriots again this year, sincerely hate the team more then any other. Now I can go back rooting against them. Also another win from their kicker.

Congrats to anyone else who made the pick as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
A shame how the Pats escaped with such a close win two weeks in a row. Barely winning two games that they were heavily favored in, but at this point everyone has gotten their Patriots picks out of the way so regardless of how many games they lose this season (and they will end up having a so-so record) they shouldn't be burning too many people in the pool.

A shame how the Pats escaped with such a close win two weeks in a row. Barely winning two games that they were heavily favored in, but at this point everyone has gotten their Patriots picks out of the way so regardless of how many games they lose this season (and they will end up having a so-so record) they shouldn't be burning too many people in the pool.
I was thinking the same thing, but on the other hand, you have people like myself who are holding off on them thinking that, oh, it's the Patriots, I should hold off until later when I might need them. I don't expect the Patriots of old, but damn, two weeks in a row where they could have just as easily lost (and I'd personally have enjoyed every minute of it). Almost makes me scared to pick them in the future if they'll continue to be this shaky.

Never any love. I really hope my Browns pull off an upset, the number of players in this pool would be drastically cut. Guess we'll wait and see.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did. I'm shocked by the people picking the Ravens. Defense is better than people give it credit for and while I don't like your receiving corp, I do like your running back and it seems your developing a nice QB-TE Combo thanks to Norv Turner.

27 Baltimore

20 BYE

15 New England

13 Oakland

12 Atlanta

8 Houston

6 Green Bay

6 New Orleans

6 Philadelphia

4 Cincinnati

3 Chicago

2 Carolina

2 Dallas

1 Buffalo

1 Detroit

1 San Francisco

1 St. Louis

They're still the Browns. They'll find a way to blow it.
If Falco and a harbugh can't score against Browns in 30 mins of official playtime, they don't deserve a win.

And ravens dominate second half, but might have lost Ray Rice for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
All day I've had a feeling of dread in my gut that I didn't go with my first thought this week, which was to take my bye.  Instead I went with the Bears and holy crap, did they make me sweat.  Can't believe they escaped with the win in that one.  Thank you, Jay Cutler.  Two scary wins (Colts last week), but I'm on to week 3.  :whistle2:

Man, I thought I was done with my Houston pick this week.  But they end up tying it up late in the 4th and win in OT.  Phew.

So 13 people got knocked out this week by my rough count, leaving 115 competitors going into tonight's Monday game. Slow week of eliminations.
It always seems about a dozen people make the same picks as each other every week. I wont be suprised if a lot pick Seattle over Jags for week 3.

It always seems about a dozen people make the same picks as each other every week. I wont be suprised if a lot pick Seattle over Jags for week 3.

That's because a lot of people, myself included, like to play it safe.

bread's done
Back