The Admiral's 2013 NFL Pool - Pool is over! We have a draw!

People you should of stuck with riding the Anti Jag train. The Jags are just an awful team. They are my prediction to go 0-16.

They really should call up Tim Tebow.
Whats the point of picking the same teams with a majority? Either you'll all get ejected in one upset, you'll get to the point where you can't go against the jags due to divisional teams playing 2 games per season, or a bye week or the jags.

Jumping off a cliff with a heard is still jumping off a cliff.

I picked the Bengals since I couldn't see myself using them further in the season. The colts are a good if not great team. Bengals, not so much.

So why not save the better teams for later on in the season then using them in the first 7 weeks when they play against horrible teams?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no, no.

Usually the pool opens Monday Night. I usually post something during the game. Then the pool closes sometime after 6 on Thursday.

SO you have 2 and a half days or almost 72 hours.
So there's no 1 hour grace period or 1 post rule where the first person to post after you close gets in still?

Fire2box told me there was :p

Whats the point of picking the same teams with a majority? Either you'll all get ejected in one upset, you'll get to the point where you can't go against the jags due to divisional teams playing 2 games per season, or a bye week or the jags.

Jumping off a cliff with a heard is still jumping off a cliff.

I picked the Bengals since I couldn't see myself using them further in the season. The colts are a good if not great team. Bengals, not so much.

So why not save the better teams for later on in the season then using them in the first 7 weeks when they play against horrible teams?
Teams can get better or worse at any point of the season. There's no point in saving better teams for later because for all we know Peyton might blow his knee next week and the Broncos could be 5-11 by the time the season ends.

Sooooooo glad I took my BYE this week. So many questionable games. The only one I considered was Baltimore (since I've already played Denver and Indy), and I would have been out. Would have been absolutely insane if the Jags had won. Rough week!

Anothers Browns win equals another chunk out... face it, we might not be as bad as everyone likes to think we are.  That title has officially been taken by the Jags... hell, at this point, maybe even the Giants or Steelers.  (Yes, I know the last two should be good, but they're both playing God-awful)

Teams can get better or worse at any point of the season. There's no point in saving better teams for later because for all we know Peyton might blow his knee next week and the Broncos could be 5-11 by the time the season ends.

Injuries do happen, but the greatest teams don't relie on just one person other then starting QB. But the QB's are insanely protected by the official rules to the point that rarely happen. Either they throw it away or protect the ball and themselves and pretty much sit down before getting tackled.

There's like 3 notable people out on the 49ers roster, but their still winning. "But Fire2box, they only won half their games." yeah, teams have slumps.

Anothers Browns win equals another chunk out... face it, we might not be as bad as everyone likes to think we are. That title has officially been taken by the Jags... hell, at this point, maybe even the Giants or Steelers. (Yes, I know the last two should be good, but they're both playing God-awful)
The sad part is that the Giants are only two games out from the division lead. If Cowboys lose next week (they play Denver - highly possible) and if the Giants win (play Eagles), they'll be right in the thick of things. And if the Eagles win, hell, they'll have tied for the division lead. Man, and to think, just a few years ago, the NFC East was considered the toughest division in football while the NFC West was the joke. That's what I love about the NFL.

The sad part is that the Giants are only two games out from the division lead. If Cowboys lose next week (they play Denver - highly possible) and if the Giants win (play Eagles), they'll be right in the thick of things. And if the Eagles win, hell, they'll have tied for the division lead. Man, and to think, just a few years ago, the NFC East was considered the toughest division in football while the NFC West was the joke. That's what I love about the NFL.
How are you surprised by it? The worst teams are given the best draft picks and teams have a salary cap to stay under, So they can't pull a New York Yankee move and buy a handful of the best players.

Going into tonight's game:

60 players are still alive in this pool.

6 have New Orleans winning tonight, none have Miami.

Go Dolphins!

I will correct that tonight Paper.

The pool is now open for Week 5 picks. The pool will get updated tonight.

*** Week 4 Results ***

*** Winners ***

TooSalty - Indianapolis
vermontffl - BYE
f421 - Indianapolis
Shinra_Soldier7 - Indianapolis
burritoman - Indianapolis
irishsoccermbw - BYE
canvasch - Indianapolis
goodbyetonight - Indianapolis
ARsignal11 - New Orleans
therealdanhill - Indianapolis
cgw1710 - Denver
Ransack - Indianapolis
kdiddy1989 - BYE
CD6405 - Minnesota
kill3r7 - Indianapolis
Crippldogg - Indianapolis
WeaponX2099 - Kansas City
dack - Indianapolis
Chac - Denver
Yanksfan - BYE
DT778 - Kansas City
IronsideGrunt - Indianapolis
dmm220 - Kansas City
Double O Slevin - New Orleans
valo2027 - San Francisco
IchigoDG - San Francisco
shane211 - Indianapolis
Triggerhappy14 - Indianapolis
cleaver - BYE
chazmet - Denver
raiden_86 - New orleans
A7las - Indianapolis
Tyga24 - Denver
InHocSignoVinces - Indianapolis
jrsmaster411 - BYE
tcbys - Indianapolis
1337sauce - New Orleans
DuckDuckKoopatrol - BYE
PiranhasInHD - Indianapolis
maxpower0965 - Indianapolis
retail sucks - San Francisco
lmd - New Orleans
MyPaper - Indianapolis
ritchardf - Indianapolis
Lord_Kefka - Kansas City
figgas8 - Indianapolis
justoneuncle - Indianapolis
redsoxfan808 - Denver
solid1127 - Arizona
nyyanksfan20 - Denver
combatFlexo - BYE
archangelreb - New Orleans
spree4567 - Denver
D3M0N1CH3ART- BYE (Forced)
davidb69 - BYE
JBlade00 - BYE
avalanche4 - Indianapolis
jibb123 - Indianapolis
kennygmoney -Denver
pab - Denver
hpbbes - Indianapolis
xenozfan2 - Indianapolis

Lacitrev - Kansas City

*** Out ***
sirmeep - No BYE
M_Rated - No BYE
venomscarnage - No BYE
brandonheat - No BYE

Ski307- Baltimore

Fleur_De_Lis - Baltimore

IceHogs27 - Baltimore

thespamofpower - Baltimore

Onesdream - Baltimore

keithp - Baltimore

ditogi - Cincinnati

Quintessence - Cincinnati

Methoes - Cincinnati

RenoTurk11 - Cincinnati

Fire2box - Cincinnati

knightsdwn - Cincinnati
joshg27 - Cincinnati

_Ph03n1x_ - Cincinnati

idontknow69 - Cincinnati

WonkyToad - Cincinnati
m3talst0rm - Cincinnati

How are you surprised by it? The worst teams are given the best draft picks and teams have a salary cap to stay under, So they can't pull a New York Yankee move and buy a handful of the best players.
I never said I was surprised by it. And yes, I understand this completely. But that doesn't always work. Which is why terrible teams like Buffalo, Jacksonville and Cleveland have been terrible for so long. Just because you have a high draft pick doesn't mean anything. You also have to choose correctly, develop the players properly, etc., etc. Anyway, that wasn't the point I was making anyway.

Week 1: Indianapolis

Week 2: Atlanta

Week 3: Seattle

Week 4: Denver

Week 5: BYE

This week is too unpredictable.

Week 1: Indianapolis Colts

Week 2: Baltimore Ravens

Week 3: Seattle Seahawks

Week 4: Denver Broncos

Week 5: St. Louis Rams

Week 3: Bye (Froced)
Week 4: Kansas City Chiefs
I quoted to show that I did pick for week 4 (page 18 between MyPaper and chazmet). I'm not upset, I just don't think I'm disqualified.
Week 5: Atlanta Falcons

I quoted to show that I did pick for week 4 (page 18 between MyPaper and chazmet). I'm not upset, I just don't think I'm disqualified.
Not being a jerk, but the first game was on the 24th. You picked on the 25th, AFTER the first game of the week.

Week 1: Seattle Seahawks

Week 3: New England Patriots

Week 4: Indianapolis Colts

Week 5: Bye

None of the matchups really inspire confidence this week.

Week 2: Houston Texans

Week 3: Seattle Seahawks

Week 4: New Orleans Saints

Week 1 Dallas
Week 2 Patriots
Week 3 Seattle
Week 4 colts

Week 5 pick I'm gonna go all-in on the Jaguars. They have to win sooner or later, so I'm hoping sooner then later or I'm out.

W1 - Indianapolis Colts

W2 - Oakland Raiders

W3 - Seattle Seahawks

W4 - Kansas City Chiefs

And while I loved to pick on the Jaguars, I've seen little in St Louis that fills me with any confidence.  Let's pick on the team with receivers dropping like flies!

W5 - Atlanta Falcons

bread's done
Back